PDA

View Full Version : R.i.p. :(

macmomma
02-06-2007, 05:43 AM
Well I knew it was just a matter of time before it happened.
My mac powerbook died on me yesterday :(
I had backed up SOME of it but not all....I was planning on doing that today :(
This is absolutely frustrating. I am a mac girl..I hate using a PC...but for the next little while I have to use a PC until I can replace my powerbook :(

So if you need to back up anything on your computer....do it now...don't wait like me because your computer could die when you least expect it to :(

ckbymommy
02-06-2007, 06:08 AM
Oh, Amy, I am so sorry!

Try taking your computer to a tech place, they may be able to get your info off of your hard drive by hooking it up to a running computer.

Debra
02-06-2007, 07:10 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this! :bawling: That is just horrible! :bawling:

twirlyjoy
02-06-2007, 07:12 AM
oh no - poor you :(

brandiwest
02-06-2007, 07:16 AM
Oh, no!!! I am so sorry!!

macmomma
02-06-2007, 07:29 AM
Thanks ladies. ITs a HUGE pain in the butt and I still cannot believe the amount of stuff that I lost in such a short time but I will get past this. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger right? lol

HollyS
02-06-2007, 08:01 AM
Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear that but I'm with Melanie, try to have them see if they can't salvage the stuff off your hard drive...

Leslie Emery
02-06-2007, 08:19 AM
That happened to me several months ago, My Maxtor crashed on me.
I took it in to a tech place and I was praying that they they could fix it. But they couldnt! I was devasted to say the least. I told them I was desperate and that I needed my photos. So they suggested I send it to a clean room. At that point I was so upset that I didnt care how much it cost. I had over 30,000 photos on it (Prob why it crashed) The clean room was able to recover alot of my photos but not as many as I would have liked. But as I was crying to the clean room guy. lol (I actually was) he told me those back up drives, even the best of them only last about 2 year!!!! My husband on the other hand had explained it to me like a bank vault and they would last forever. NOT so!
It ended up costing us, I think a little over 3,000 dollars. A very expensive lesson for me. That was my christmas present this year and a new back up drive.

I am so sorry about your loss, I can empathized with you. Hope you can get it fixed and maybe a clean room it an option for you.