PDA

View Full Version : 17 October....oh, that's today! C'mon in!!

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 05:46 PM
Hi! it's 9:45 EST, which means we're gonna get this party started in about 15 minutes. Yay! I'm so excited! So when you get in, say hi so I can say hi back and get to know everyone here in my new "home" at GDS! Oh and I'm super bad with names, so help me when you can, or else I'm calling you by your username! Lol!

And here's how it's gonna go:

Starting at the top of the hour, I will post your first instruction, followed by 1 more instruction every ten minutes through the hour.

At the top of the second hour. I will post the 7th and final instruction and then you'll have 1 additional hour to finish and post your LOs.

(I will allow a 15 min. grace period for gallery posting purposes. The gallery may slow down when we were all trying to post at once!)

If we have any other technical difficulties, I might also allow a few extra minutes. I will let you know.

Please note that prizes will not be given out to entries posted after this time, although we would still love to see what you have come up with!!

You must post in your GDS member gallery AND link back here in the forum. If you do not post back here I will not know that you have participated and you will not be able to receive the prize. Maybe soon we'll have a Speed Scrap gallery for you to post in! ;)

Some important things to remember to make the Speed Scrap go a bit smoother:

- The instructions are all pretty self-explanatory, but remember that you can interpret them creatively. I may be an Army wife, but I'm no drill sergeant! Do the best you can on the instructions, but don't freak out over them. Be creative! You won't be disqualified!!

- You can use a template if you want.

- goDigitalScrapbooking products are NOT required, but of course, we love it when you use them!!

- I will re-cap all the instructions again each time I post a new instruction.

- For each instruction there must be a different element. You may not use the same element to fulfill requirements for 2 different instructions.

Please don't stress! Speed scraps are fun. Just take the instructions to mean what YOU think they mean and have fun!!!

PLEASE, PLEASE REMEMBER - post back here when you are done so I will know you are playing along!!

britnkaysmemaw2
10-17-2008, 05:51 PM
Hi Shannon - I love speed scraps, they are soooo much fun.

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 05:52 PM
Yay, hi Cathy!

Xaria
10-17-2008, 05:53 PM
I have my programme open with a blank page all ready to start.

Waiting... waiting...

RN_Meow
10-17-2008, 05:53 PM
Hi, I'm Cat. Am I on the right thread or are we using the original announcement thread?

ThoughtfilledMe
10-17-2008, 05:54 PM
Hi all, I'm going to try to do this despite having to run out for a bit to pick my husband up in the middle. Hopefully I'll get it done in time despite that, but if not at least I'll have another layout done.

RN_Meow
Prgrams open, pic folder open and my kids are coloring with daddy. Now if they were only in a different room

Silly Bean
Hi Xaria and Cat! You're both totally in the right place! :) And thanks for being so ready Xaria!

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 05:55 PM
Hi all, I'm going to try to do this despite having to run out for a bit to pick my husband up in the middle. Hopefully I'll get it done in time despite that, but if not at least I'll have another layout done.

Hope so too, at least you'll have fun while you're here! :D

Xaria
Um is anyone else in chat because my browser shows only me in there.

Hate to miss the first instruction

Silly Bean
Prgrams open, pic folder open and my kids are coloring with daddy. Now if they were only in a different room

LOL, that's inspiration!

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 05:56 PM
Um is anyone else in chat because my browser shows only me in there.

Hate to miss the first instruction

Oh, I was just going to post the instructions in here. I was at a speed scrap once where they had a chat room open, and no one talked cuz they were scrapping, so it's just easier to do it here. Hope no one minds!

kelseyll
10-17-2008, 05:56 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I love speed scraps...and I hope you really do try to make them a regular thing! It's kinda my "girls night out", but "at home"...if that makes sense! :twitcy: I agree that we need a separate "speed scrap" gallery...by date maybe??

I'm all set...windows open, fingers poised above the keys/mouse...waiting so (im)patiently.... LOL

Good luck all! Can't wait to see everyone's work later!

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 05:58 PM
Girls' night, exactly! I love it!

RN_Meow
10-17-2008, 05:59 PM
On your mark, get set, ....
I have NOT been waiting for this ALL DAY!!! ya right.

Silly Bean
K, I'll give it another 2 minutes, then I'll post the first one! (Gotta go grab a Dew, lol).

Silly Bean
On your mark, get set, ....
I have NOT been waiting for this ALL DAY!!! ya right.

You're so sweet!

britnkaysmemaw2
10-17-2008, 06:00 PM
A little hint I have learned from previous speed scraps, open 2 browser windows so you can keep refreshing.

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 06:01 PM
A little hint I have learned from previous speed scraps, open 2 browser windows so you can keep refreshing.

Ooh, I have never heard that, awesome tip Cathy!

Xaria
10-17-2008, 06:02 PM
K, I'll give it another 2 minutes, then I'll post the first one! (Gotta go grab a Dew, lol).

Ha, beaten you, I just grabbed a drink so I would be all set.

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 06:02 PM
Alright, it's time! Here's the first instruction!

1. Choose three pictures. At least one of them should have no people.

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 06:03 PM
So does anyone have any fun plans for the weekend?

eb2177
10-17-2008, 06:04 PM
I'm here and will try to get this done. But I'm working on the laptop and that can make things a little harder. It's a little slower, only has a few kits, and no ACDsee on it, but I can still scrap when Hubby's gaming on the desktop. :o) Friday's are one of the few nights he can play so I don't mind. :o) And luckly I have lots of photos backed up on SmugMug too.

By the way, my name is Erin

britnkaysmemaw2
10-17-2008, 06:04 PM
Got them!

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 06:05 PM
I'm here and will try to get this done. But I'm working on the laptop and that can make things a little harder. It's a little slower, only has a few kits, and no ACDsee on it, but I can still scrap when Hubby's gaming on the desktop. :o) Friday's are one of the few nights he can play so I don't mind. :o) And luckly I have lots of photos backed up on SmugMug too.

Hi Erin! I totally feel you about the gaming! Does he play online, cuz when mine does he hogs all the bandwidth! Glad you join us! :)

britnkaysmemaw2
We are taking a drive tomorrow to hopefully see some of the great fall colors and get some pics. Nothing too exciting, lol.

kelseyll
No people?? I usually don't take pics without people in them....hmmm....what to scrap??:confused1:

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 06:06 PM
No people?? I usually don't take pics without people in them....hmmm....what to scrap??:confused1:

If you have 3 pics of the same event, you can crop in on an object in one of the pics that's relevant to the event. If that makes sense. ;)

RN_Meow
10-17-2008, 06:07 PM
Took me awhile but I got the picks. DH has to work overtime this weekend, and tomorrow is his birthday so all plans are tenative at this point.

kelseyll
10-17-2008, 06:07 PM
All I scrap on is my laptop and I don't have anything like ACDsee...just my memory of where things are....(NOT GOOD!) LOL...do you like ACDsee???? I've been wanting to learn more about that!

bozena
10-17-2008, 06:08 PM
Hi, I'm going to try this.

kelseyll
10-17-2008, 06:09 PM
LOL...well now I've got my hubby running to HIS computer since he usually leaves people OUT of his pics....:laugh: So this is a joint effort tonight I guess!

If you have 3 pics of the same event, you can crop in on an object in one of the pics that's relevant to the event. If that makes sense. ;)

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 06:09 PM
Hi, I'm going to try this.

Welcome! I'm gonna be pretty easy on everyone tonight, hope you have fun!!

ThoughtfilledMe
10-17-2008, 06:10 PM
Good thing we went to the park today, I've got new photos just waiting to be scrapped and several are just landscapes.

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 06:10 PM
LOL...well now I've got my hubby running to HIS computer since he usually leaves people OUT of his pics....:laugh: So this is a joint effort tonight I guess!

Right on! But you're still only getting one prize. :wink:

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 06:11 PM

2. Choose one patterned background paper.

britnkaysmemaw2
I think I love the speed scraps so much because you don't have the time to rethink everything on your lo. Does that make sense?

RN_Meow
I didn't think of park photos. DUH!

mariaferguson
I'm here too!!! woohoo! I just registered here to scrap with my peep Shannon!!!

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 06:12 PM
Yeah Cathy, I think that's why I like them too, they give me direction.

scrubbie
10-17-2008, 06:13 PM
Hey scrappers! Scrubbie here - takin' a peek!

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 06:13 PM
I'm here too!!! woohoo! I just registered here to scrap with my peep Shannon!!!

Hi hi!! Glad you could make it! Everyone be nice, Maria hosts a speed scrap at another site, so we can't have her taking our secrets with her! LOL :laugh:

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 06:14 PM
Hey scrappers! Scrubbie here - takin' a peek!

Welcome! I hope you'll do more than peek!!

kelseyll
Too funny! Hubby wouldn't know what to do with the prize anyway...LOL =)

Right on! But you're still only getting one prize. :wink:

mariaferguson
oh man, I so can't find any pics to scrap...

scrubbie
10-17-2008, 06:15 PM
well - I gots all my shtuff opened up here and goin' to give'rr a whirl!

Silly Bean
oh man, I so can't find any pics to scrap...

says the photographer :wink:

eb2177

He does and is right now, but we just upgraded to cable internet last week. So it no longer is a problem, we didn't upgraded so we both could be on, but sure is a added bonus. :biggrin:

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 06:17 PM
He does and is right now, but we just upgraded to cable internet last week. So it no longer is a problem, we didn't upgraded so we both could be on, but sure is a added bonus. :biggrin:

Man I bet! We've got the HS cable stuff, but for some reason it's not high speed enough, lol. We tried to upgrade, but they told us we had the fastest we could get. Oh well!

britnkaysmemaw2
10-17-2008, 06:18 PM
Understand the upgrade Erin. I was on vacation at my sister's house last week, and she has dsl light service. It is one step up from dial-up. After having cable internet at home, I thought I would pull my hair out trying to even surf the site, lol.

j_camargo6
10-17-2008, 06:19 PM
I'm late, but I'm here...how is it that when I've got something I want to do...the kids are EXTRA impossible to get in bed?

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 06:19 PM
Understand the upgrade Erin. I was on vacation at my sister's house last week, and she has dsl light service. It is one step up from dial-up. After having cable internet at home, I thought I would pull my hair out trying to even surf the site, lol.

OMgosh I have so been there! Isn't it amazing that we used to think that was fast?

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 06:20 PM
I'm late, but I'm here...how is it that when I've got something I want to do...the kids are EXTRA impossible to get in bed?

Hey Jenn, welcome! Late is totally fine! And I think the kids have some instinct about that kind of stuff, lol.

britnkaysmemaw2
10-17-2008, 06:20 PM
Hi Jenn, I don't know how you do it with all the kids you have, lol. Guess maybe the fact that my youngest is 31, I don't remember those days real well, lol.

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 06:21 PM

3. Cluster your three pictures together and choose 2 solid papers to mat this cluster.

RN_Meow
My DD keeps asking me for random stuff. And they never want to go to bed when I need them to.

scrubbie
Hey Jenn - thanks for all your really kind words on my LO's and such!

This speed scrappin' thing - wooooohoooooo! Like riding a coaster! *snicker

Silly Bean
Hi Jenn, I don't know how you do it with all the kids you have, lol. Guess maybe the fact that my youngest is 31, I don't remember those days real well, lol.

So Jenn how many kids is "all?" Sounds like a lot!

kelseyll
10-17-2008, 06:23 PM
Hi Scrubbie...it's great to see you here!!! =) Love your blog btw! I consult it regularly when I need a good laugh! LOL

well - I gots all my shtuff opened up here and goin' to give'rr a whirl!

j_camargo6
10-17-2008, 06:23 PM
6 SIX Seis, and every last one a GIRL

So Jenn how many kids is "all?" Sounds like a lot!

mariaferguson
10-17-2008, 06:24 PM
woohoo! I was caught up.... for a sec.... then #3 was posted! lol

Silly Bean
6 SIX Seis, and every last one a GIRL

Wow, sounds like a lot of opportunities for drama. You're a tough woman!!

j_camargo6
Hi Scrubbie! Glad to see a guy's perspective! Gonna have to check out your blog!

j_camargo6
10-17-2008, 06:25 PM
BOY do we do DRAMA!!

scrubbie
10-17-2008, 06:27 PM
Oh - now yer makin' me blush! LOL

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 06:27 PM
Hi Scrubbie! Glad to see a guy's perspective! Gonna have to check out your blog!

OMGosh I just peeked, cuz thats all the time I have at the moment, and that blog is hilarious! Reminds me of the Scrappers Husband blog, but better. Thanks for being here Scrubbie!

eb2177
10-17-2008, 06:28 PM
All I scrap on is my laptop and I don't have anything like ACDsee...just my memory of where things are....(NOT GOOD!) LOL...do you like ACDsee???? I've been wanting to learn more about that!

I do really like ACDsee, seriouslly, I tell my Hubby nearly every week how much I like that program. And I don't use it nearly for as much as I could. I am going through and orginizing everything very slowly. But I can still us it to view everything like I would when you just open folders. ANd I can see All the PSD as well as png's and jpegs. And Fonts to. And can I view what is in a few folders all at the same time, so if I have an idea of a few kits I may want to use, I can highlight them all and see them all togeather. Instead of opening and closing and moving on to the next. Or I can use the search and put in a designer and (after I have labeled them a such) it can pull up everything by them, or add the kit title and just pull up that kit. It does take a long time to "tag" everything (and there are alot of shourt cuts and hints to help with this, but it is still time consuming) but I think it was well worth the money I spent on it.
I do know of some who didn't like it, but with every system that will happen.

Wow I babbled didn't I. :laugh:

Now to catch up...

scrubbie
10-17-2008, 06:30 PM
OMGosh I just peeked, cuz thats all the time I have at the moment, and that blog is hilarious! Reminds me of the Scrappers Husband blog, but better. Thanks for being here Scrubbie!
It's entirely my pleasure!

I am loving this GDS thing! And - it is really oodles of fun with my darlin' wifey-poo doin her paper thing and me on the clicker. No fighting over adhesives and black cardstock now. LOL

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 06:30 PM

3. Cluster your three pictures together and choose 2 solid papers to mat this cluster.

4. Add at least two metal fasteners. It can be the same thing used twice if you want.

britnkaysmemaw2
10-17-2008, 06:31 PM
Scrubbie, you are so funny!

Silly Bean
It's entirely my pleasure!

I am loving this GDS thing! And - it is really oodles of fun with my darlin' wifey-poo doin her paper thing and me on the clicker. No fighting over adhesives and black cardstock now. LOL

I could not imagine a world where dh and i fight over any scrapping product ever. Unless the computer counts, lol.

RN_Meow
Jenn, I am expecting girl #3 in December, any words of encouragement. The other two are 14mos and 3 1/2yr. They are both screaming, literally, at their dad right now. Trying so hard not to chuckle out loud.

j_camargo6
10-17-2008, 06:32 PM
My speed scrap tip of the week....

WHATEVER YOU DO... don't back up your digital supplies to CD the week before the scrap and erase them all from your HD....

I'm still looking for a kit to use!!! Maybe I'll catch up, maybe I won't LOL!

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 06:34 PM
My speed scrap tip of the week....

WHATEVER YOU DO... don't back up your digital supplies to CD the week before the scrap and erase them all from your HD....

I'm still looking for a kit to use!!! Maybe I'll catch up, maybe I won't LOL!

LOL, I do not envy you. Good luck! And if y'all need anything my store is 25% off, lol. :wink:

j_camargo6
Jenn, I am expecting girl #3 in December, any words of encouragement. The other two are 14mos and 3 1/2yr. They are both screaming, literally, at their dad right now. Trying so hard not to chuckle out loud.

Learn to be selectively deaf and enter "the ZONE" where you can hear nothing, see nothing, comprehend nothing...until one of them yells "Jennifer!".

I learned this trick from my mom....she was using it just today LOL...

kelseyll
Wow..thanks for the info! I really will have to check it out and see if it would help me out! =)

I do really like ACDsee, seriouslly, I tell my Hubby nearly every week how much I like that program. And I don't use it nearly for as much as I could. I am going through and orginizing everything very slowly. But I can still us it to view everything like I would when you just open folders. ANd I can see All the PSD as well as png's and jpegs. And Fonts to. And can I view what is in a few folders all at the same time, so if I have an idea of a few kits I may want to use, I can highlight them all and see them all togeather. Instead of opening and closing and moving on to the next. Or I can use the search and put in a designer and (after I have labeled them a such) it can pull up everything by them, or add the kit title and just pull up that kit. It does take a long time to "tag" everything (and there are alot of shourt cuts and hints to help with this, but it is still time consuming) but I think it was well worth the money I spent on it.
I do know of some who didn't like it, but with every system that will happen.

Wow I babbled didn't I. :laugh:

Now to catch up...

RN_Meow
10-17-2008, 06:36 PM
Jenn, that is so funny! ROFL I am really going to have to try that.

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 06:37 PM
I guess it would be nice of me to show you what you're playing for! Hehe, this is an add-on for my newest release that'll be in the store soon!

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo303/sillybeansscraps/sbeans_art_soul_addon_thumb_LRG.jpg

britnkaysmemaw2
10-17-2008, 06:37 PM
I just upgraded to PSE 6 and it has a built in organizer, but I haven't attempted trying to use it yet. Does anyone else use PSE 6?

britnkaysmemaw2
10-17-2008, 06:38 PM
Wow Shannon, what pretty colors!

Silly Bean
Thanks!

Silly Bean
Oh, and I'm a CS3 girl, so I can be of no help to any PSE people. :)

anitastreet
10-17-2008, 06:40 PM
I'm in.. getting a late start.. and hoping my PSP will cooperate... I may need to reboot.. argh!

can the metal fastener be a staple..does that count?

RN_Meow
10-17-2008, 06:40 PM
CS3 here too. And I don't know how to be "organized". ;)
That add on is gorgeous. Can't wait to see the kit.

scrubbie
10-17-2008, 06:41 PM
I just upgraded to PSE 6 and it has a built in organizer, but I haven't attempted trying to use it yet. Does anyone else use PSE 6?
Yep - me and PSE 6 are gooood buddies. I really like it. Haven't done the organizer though. I should try it. Maybe it'll do my skivvies drawer as well as my scrappy stuff. hmmmmmm.

Silly Bean
I'm in.. getting a late start.. and hoping my PSP will cooperate... I may need to reboot.. argh!

can the metal fastener be a staple..does that count?

Welcome Anita! You have the benefit of seeing several steps at once! And yep, staples definitely count! :)

j_camargo6
Oooh! So pretty!!

scrubbie
10-17-2008, 06:42 PM
I guess it would be nice of me to show you what you're playing for! Hehe, this is an add-on for my newest release that'll be in the store soon!

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo303/sillybeansscraps/sbeans_art_soul_addon_thumb_LRG.jpg
Bean - that is awesome!!!!

Silly Bean
CS3 here too. And I don't know how to be "organized". ;)
That add on is gorgeous. Can't wait to see the kit.

Thanks! I had a ton of fun making it!

britnkaysmemaw2
Yep - me and PSE 6 are gooood buddies. I really like it. Haven't done the organizer though. I should try it. Maybe it'll do my skivvies drawer as well as my scrappy stuff. hmmmmmm.
Definitely let us know if that works, lol.:laugh:

Silly Bean

4. Add at least two metal fasteners. It can be the same thing used twice if you want.

5. Include one element that starts with each of the following letters: G-D-S.

Xaria
I love the colours, especially the mint

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 06:43 PM
I'm so glad everyone likes it! I'm still super new at designing, still figuring it all out. :)

anitastreet
10-17-2008, 06:44 PM
wow, just saw the posting bonus.. awesome.. thanks..

and yes, I have the advantage of seeing the first few steps at once. .but the disadvantage of getting a late start.. PSP still is not responding. .if I disappear I'm rebooting!... sometimes it's just slow.. not usually..but I haven't rebooted today.. just put my system to sleep when I shut down earlier. .I should know better!

britnkaysmemaw2
10-17-2008, 06:44 PM

Now that is a fun twist!

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 06:45 PM
Now that is a fun twist!

You bet! I thought of all kinds of words to spell, lol.

anitastreet
10-17-2008, 06:46 PM
okay.. psp is up and running.. as for my 3 photos.. at least one must not have people.. is it okay if only one photo has a person in it and 2 don't?

so many questions :)

RN_Meow
10-17-2008, 06:47 PM
I need a "D"

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 06:47 PM
okay.. psp is up and running.. as for my 3 photos.. at least one must not have people.. is it okay if only one photo has a person in it and 2 don't?

so many questions :)

I love questions! And yeah, it's prefectly fine! I'm just trying to get people a small space away from their comfort zones. :wink:

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 06:48 PM
I need a "D"

Doodle? Oh, should I be helping? Lol.

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 06:51 PM

6. Create a title for your layout. Replace at least one letter with an element.

kelseyll
10-17-2008, 06:52 PM
ooooh...I was thinking hangy things with metal...will that be okay???

Welcome Anita! You have the benefit of seeing several steps at once! And yep, staples definitely count! :)

Silly Bean
Oh, and I got a question from someone about step 5, the letters GDS. So just to clarify, that means 3 different elements.

britnkaysmemaw2
That was a tough one!

Silly Bean
ooooh...I was thinking hangy things with metal...will that be okay???

Sure that sounds great!

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 06:53 PM
That was a tough one!

Lol, hopefully not TOO bad!

RN_Meow
10-17-2008, 06:53 PM
So consumed about finding the elements, that I forgot to put them on the page. LOL

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 06:54 PM
So consumed about finding the elements, that I forgot to put them on the page. LOL

:laugh: Haha, that's funny. Sounds like something I would do!

britnkaysmemaw2
10-17-2008, 06:54 PM
The "G" was the tough one for me.

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 06:55 PM
Just to let y'all know, in 5 minutes I'm posting the last instruction, and then you'll have about an hour to finish up! :)

kelseyll
10-17-2008, 06:56 PM
OK..the GDS elements are more challenging than finding the pic without a person!!!! Good Grief! got the S...hmmm G and D???? What to use??? LOL:twitcy:

scrubbie
10-17-2008, 06:56 PM
Just to let y'all know, in 5 minutes I'm posting the last instruction, and then you'll have about an hour to finish up! :)
Scrubbie is clicking frantically! LOL

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 06:57 PM
OK..the GDS elements are more challenging than finding the pic without a person!!!! Good Grief! got the S...hmmm G and D???? What to use??? LOL:twitcy:

Sorry!! I had a hard time for a second too, but then I realized the G was easier than I had thought, lol.

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 06:57 PM
Scrubbie is clicking frantically! LOL

Hehe, glad to hear it!

Xaria
10-17-2008, 06:59 PM
That last instruction is really hard.
Thinking, thinking...

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 06:59 PM
So I was thinking that I would like to host one of these every week, but I don't want it to always be on the same day so that more people might be able to come. So how does it sound to y'all here if we do Thurs one week, then Fri the next, and alternate like that?

RN_Meow
10-17-2008, 07:01 PM
tHAT SOUNDS GOOD

britnkaysmemaw2
10-17-2008, 07:01 PM
For me, I will try and make it whenever. I work seasonal, and start back to work next week until April, so won't be around as much as I have been.

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 07:03 PM
Alright this is it! Before I post the last instruction I want to remind you all to upload these to your member galleries, and even the miscellaneous challenge gallery if you really want to, and then LINK THEM BACK HERE so we can all see it and go leave you nice and wonderful comments. Oh, and so I know who to PM. You'll have another hour, and maybe an extra 15 minutes or so after that if the gallery starts acting up. I can't wait to see what everyone does! Oh and then I'll go upload my layout. :)

7. Embellish your layout with no more than 8 more things. You can add anything you want except photos. You can even add more paper if you wish. Add a date and some journaling also, if you want to. And that's it!

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 07:03 PM
For me, I will try and make it whenever. I work seasonal, and start back to work next week until April, so won't be around as much as I have been.

Ahh okay, well hopefully you'll be able to make it sometimes!

scrubbie
10-17-2008, 07:05 PM
Alright this is it! Before I post the last instruction I want to remind you all to upload these to your member galleries, and even the miscellaneous challenge gallery if you really want to, and then LINK THEM BACK HERE so we can all see it and go leave you nice and wonderful comments. Oh, and so I know who to PM. You'll have another hour, and maybe an extra 15 minutes or so after that if the gallery starts acting up. I can't wait to see what everyone does! Oh and then I'll go upload my layout. :)

7. Embellish your layout with no more than 8 more things. You can add anything you want except photos. You can even add more paper if you wish. Add a date and some journaling also, if you want to. And that's it!
YIKES! hehehe - this is awesome! Thanks Bean for hostessing the SS!

I am enjoying this. Carpel Tunnel - here I come! LOL

britnkaysmemaw2
So, here comes the fun part for me. I hate journaling, lol.

Xaria
I will come when I can but the time difference makes it interesting

britnkaysmemaw2
10-17-2008, 07:06 PM
Well, guess I should say I don't really hate it, I just stink at it, lol.

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 07:07 PM
So, here comes the fun part for me. I hate journaling, lol.

You don't have to if you don't want to. :)

britnkaysmemaw2
OK, off to work on my lo. Good luck everyone, and Thanks Shannon for hosting this!

Silly Bean
YIKES! hehehe - this is awesome! Thanks Bean for hostessing the SS!

I am enjoying this. Carpel Tunnel - here I come! LOL

No problem, this is a blast!! So glad you're having fun. :)

Silly Bean
Here's mine!

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/500/Art_Star.jpg (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=40888&ppuser=14158)

britnkaysmemaw2
10-17-2008, 07:08 PM
You don't have to if you don't want to. :)

OK, thanks.

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 07:08 PM
OK, off to work on my lo. Good luck everyone, and Thanks Shannon for hosting this!

No problem Cathy, I'll be here if you are anyone has any questions!

britnkaysmemaw2
10-17-2008, 07:09 PM
Here's mine!

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/500/Art_Star.jpg (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=40888&ppuser=14158)
That is cute Shannon!

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 07:10 PM
Thanks Cathy!

j_camargo6
10-17-2008, 07:13 PM
Very cute!!! Working feverishly...stuck on "G"....oh, wait a minute!!!

HollyS
10-17-2008, 07:15 PM
Wowzer, you guys are rocking this speed scrap! Sorry I couldn't make it...turns out I've been stuck cleaning getting ready for mom to come into town tomorrow..you know how that is...do all those things you only do once a year like clean out the fridge...LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, have fun and looking forward to seeing all of your finished creations :) Thanks Shannon for hosting this :)

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 07:18 PM
Wowzer, you guys are rocking this speed scrap! Sorry I couldn't make it...turns out I've been stuck cleaning getting ready for mom to come into town tomorrow..you know how that is...do all those things you only do once a year like clean out the fridge...LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, have fun and looking forward to seeing all of your finished creations :) Thanks Shannon for hosting this :)

Hey Holly, glad you could pop in, and I loved hosting this! Hopefully I can do it more!

Xaria
10-17-2008, 07:26 PM
Heres mine: Take a punt (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=40890&ppuser=244) I ended up using the photo trns to represent oars to make an 'A'.
LOL:wink:

sparkles
10-17-2008, 07:27 PM
Here is my LO.

State Marching Contest (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=40889&ppuser=8401)

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 07:29 PM
Here is my LO.

State Marching Contest (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=40889&ppuser=8401)

Thanks for playing, next time don't be so shy! LOL :laugh: Love your layout, gonna go leave some love. :)

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 07:29 PM
Heres mine: Take a punt (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=40890&ppuser=244) I ended up using the photo trns to represent oars to make an 'A'.
LOL:wink:

I love those oars!!

mariaferguson
10-17-2008, 07:31 PM
Well after my computer decided to be dorky and pretend it could no longer find GDS.... luckily Shannon kept me up to speed and I still finished and now my computer isn't being dorky anymore! (except I missed all the fun chatting... :( )

Here's my Layout:

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/500/oct3_boyinthedirtweb.jpg (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=40892&ppuser=14369)

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 07:38 PM
Hehe I know all about those dorky computers!

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 07:38 PM
Oh, and there's about 20 minutes left. :)

ThoughtfilledMe
10-17-2008, 07:39 PM
I think I'm getting this in on time. I managed to get my husband picked up and do the speed scrap and only pulled out part of my hair.

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/757/medium/Mom_Where_Are_The_Ducks_-_Speed_Scrap.jpg (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=40893)

ThoughtfilledMe
10-17-2008, 07:41 PM
I just wanted to say thank you for a really fun speed scrap. It was a challenge.

RN_Meow
10-17-2008, 07:42 PM
Thanks for hosting, this was super fun. My page has a LOT on it, I like Shannon's better than mine. :D
Here it is: http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=40894&ppuser=13137

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 07:44 PM
Thanks Suzette, I'm so glad you were able to do all that! You're amazing! And thanks Cat for all the wonderful compliments!

RN_Meow
10-17-2008, 07:44 PM
Okay, I like everyone elses better than mine. My page looks like its on crack!!! LOL Maybe it reflects the chaos that has ruled this house today. Things that make you go, HMM!

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 07:46 PM
Okay, I like everyone elses better than mine. My page looks like its on crack!!! LOL Maybe it reflects the chaos that has ruled this house today. Things that make you go, HMM!

Nah! That's how most of mine look too! I like to load a lot of stuff onto my layouts, lol. I think yours is very cute! And you can always go in tomorrow and fix whatever it is that bugs you. ;)

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 07:49 PM
It IS interesting though Cat how everything is so big. Maybe that's what's bugging you?

scrubbie
10-17-2008, 07:54 PM
Here's mine! (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=40896)

Phew - worked up a sweat there!

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 07:56 PM
Here's mine! (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=40896)

Phew - worked up a sweat there!

Haha, well thanks for playing!

britnkaysmemaw2
10-17-2008, 07:59 PM
Here is my link:
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=40898&ppuser=8288

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 08:00 PM
Awesome, thanks Cathy! K, it's midnight my time, lol. I'm gonna leave it open for a little bit longer, is there anyone left?

eb2177
10-17-2008, 08:02 PM
Okay my computer dosen't like me either :o) Trying to save my layout... After try for a few minutes to find the site again :o)...

j_camargo6
10-17-2008, 08:03 PM
Me!!!!

Here's mine...Whew!! I MADE it!!!

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/500/Pumpking_picking_sammieweb.jpg

anitastreet
10-17-2008, 08:04 PM
here's my layout.. I'm about to fall asleep! this was fun though.. but I'm up later then I'm used to anymore...finally got on a good sleep pattern!

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=3592

thank for the fun!

Silly Bean
Yay, Jenn and Erin! And Erin, comp probs are okay, I know you were here, so upload when you can. :)

Silly Bean
Thanks Anita!

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 08:05 PM
K, and I still have Kelseyll and bozena. You guys still with us? I hope so!

editorialdragon
10-17-2008, 08:08 PM
OH my I got times seriously confused! I thought it started at 10 eastern standard time, which would be 11 eastern daylight time, but i guess it started at 10 eastern daylight after all! Sooo I only had an hour - whew!! I seriously hope I didn't miss the cutoff after that crazy hour! Plus at first I was in the original forum thread, didn't catch that there was a new one for the actual crop.
Here's my link, anyway!
or not... these take forever to upload...

britnkaysmemaw2
10-17-2008, 08:08 PM
Thanks for hosting this Shannon. This was fun.

editorialdragon
10-17-2008, 08:09 PM
Oh and i missed posting in this thread too... i posted in the other one, does that count? :) still trying to get my LO posted!!

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 08:10 PM
OH my I got times seriously confused! I thought it started at 10 eastern standard time, which would be 11 eastern daylight time, but i guess it started at 10 eastern daylight after all! Sooo I only had an hour - whew!! I seriously hope I didn't miss the cutoff after that crazy hour! Plus at first I was in the original forum thread, didn't catch that there was a new one for the actual crop.
Here's my link, anyway!
or not... these take forever to upload...

Oh my the times thing was probably my fault. I don't know much about them except where I live and what the cable people call it on the tv guide, lol. So sorry! And I'm glad you were able to join in so late, you rock!

kelseyll
10-17-2008, 08:11 PM
Here's my first draft...Hee Hee...

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=40902&ppuser=11923

Silly Bean
Thanks for hosting this Shannon. This was fun.

No problem, and yes it was!

Silly Bean
Oh and i missed posting in this thread too... i posted in the other one, does that count? :) still trying to get my LO posted!!

Totally! Thanks!

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 08:12 PM
Yay Kelseyll! Thanks for posting!

editorialdragon
10-17-2008, 08:14 PM
Finally!!!!! Took FOREVER to upload...
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=40903&ppuser=10528

kelseyll
10-17-2008, 08:14 PM
whew!! I got it all done...reread the directions and missed that I had to cluster all 3 pics...I had to totally start over!! LOL And it's NOT even late for me...just after 9pm! LOL

Thanks for a great scrap!

Yay Kelseyll! Thanks for posting!

eb2177
10-17-2008, 08:15 PM
Talk about close to the wire with the upload. :o) Here is mine, Pretty Flowers (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=40904&ppuser=4169)

Great Speed Scrap! That was a great challenge!

editorialdragon
10-17-2008, 08:15 PM
Well i think i'm a little loopy now from the super speed scrap and the late time! So I'm headed for bed - awesome layouts everyone, they're beautiful!! Thanks to our gracious host!

anitastreet
10-17-2008, 08:16 PM
I have to re-upload my image.. for some reason I uploaded the wrong one (I had saved my work in progress.. but now I've got the correct one uploaded. minor changes..but I had 2 elements for the O in horse before.. :) too sleepy! busy day tomorrow too... lots of photo ops...more horseback lessons..and then a fall festival at the Pumpkin Patch! will catch up later...good night all. it was fun!

kelseyll
10-17-2008, 08:16 PM
Hey Silly Bean...I see you racked up a bunch of posts tonight..I hope you signed up for the posting challenge! You get Daily Download rewind coupons at various milestones!!! =)

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 08:19 PM
Yay! I'm so happy with the turnout tonight, and I definitely hope to do this again soon! Thanks again everyone, and I'm glad you all had fun! I'm going to keep this window up for a few more minutes while I get those pm's out, and then I'm off to bed. So goodnight everyone!! And thanks again for making this so fun!!

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 08:20 PM
Hey Silly Bean...I see you racked up a bunch of posts tonight..I hope you signed up for the posting challenge! You get Daily Download rewind coupons at various milestones!!! =)

Oh yeah huh! I did get about 90, lol. Thanks for the reminder!

Silly Bean
10-17-2008, 08:23 PM
K, I think I got a pm to everyone who uploaded a layout, please PM if you didn't get anything from me. I'm a little cross-eyed at the moment. So I'm off to bed now, and I'll tt everyone later!

j_camargo6
10-17-2008, 08:34 PM
Thanks for the gift, Shannon, and for hosting...it was GREAT FUN!

eb2177
10-17-2008, 08:43 PM
Thank you Shannon! Can't wait for the next one.

Mom_of_5
10-18-2008, 08:00 AM
:cry: I'm so sad! I fell asleep! Maybe I can stay awake next time!