PDA

View Full Version : Tell me....

j_camargo6
10-17-2008, 12:30 PM
I LOVE Autumn!

I was sitting here thinking about how vibrant the colors are and how the air smells and the sound of leaves underfoot, and the.....I don't know....comfy cozy feeling, as the seasons wind down. I LOVE this time of year! Anyway, I was wondering...

What's your favorite part of fall?

anitastreet
10-17-2008, 12:45 PM
Indian Summer :)

Mom_of_5
10-17-2008, 12:59 PM
I LOVE the 'crispness' to the air!! I love to see the trees changing colors! I love to watch it raining leaves!! (of course, I don't like all the raking)

I just LOVE autumn!! It is a season that I did not have growing up in the DFW area of Texas.

Jan Merkley
10-17-2008, 01:03 PM
In the part of Arizona where I live we don't get the cool, crisp air or the beautiful fall colors. We do sometimes get a bit of Indian Summer which I love. And our mornings are delightful with a touch of coolness. I guess I'd have to say I love the pumpkins and squashes and gourds for decorating. And I love the apples!!! Fresh crops of apples! And my imagination allows me to enjoy the colors and smells and crunchy leaves. So in my own little world I enjoy it all. It just isn't in my real world. LOL I also love the fact that mid to late fall means the summer temps are finally gone. We are 91 degrees at the moment and there are still a couple more hours before peak time and cool down for the night. 91 degrees isn't my idea of Fall!

tweederbug
10-17-2008, 03:15 PM
OMG .. I LOVE fall. I love to get in my car and drive and see the colors that GOD has painted. There is something about that evening in the fall .. the smell and the chrisp air. I love that in the end of the summer the farmers are doing hay and it just smells yummy. The fact that the cooking and baking has a better smell .. the spices :wink:! Can you just think of a better smell than the spices? i am getting hungry LOL!!

kel3120
10-17-2008, 03:44 PM
Besides the standard things like the leaves changing and the crisp air, one of my favorite things is getting to pull out my sweaters for the season. It's like I have a whole new wardrobe!

j_camargo6
10-17-2008, 04:16 PM
I know just what you mean, Sheila! I bought a bag of those cinnamon scented pinecones and put some in a bowl in my kitchen and in a vase in my living room....every time I walked in there, I felt so HAPPY!!! I finally figured out it was the "homey" smell!!

beckag99
10-17-2008, 05:48 PM
I moved from Michigan to Florida about 1 1/2 years ago. We don't have fall here, but I really do miss it. I love wearing a sweater and jeans and taking a walk when it is cool outside. I love seeing the leaves change color and the changes in the air.

HollyS
10-19-2008, 09:30 AM
I moved from Michigan to Florida about 1 1/2 years ago. We don't have fall here, but I really do miss it. I love wearing a sweater and jeans and taking a walk when it is cool outside. I love seeing the leaves change color and the changes in the air.

Same here...! It was wonderful to walk out of the house this morning to some cooler weather here in florida...it's about time!

scrubbie
10-19-2008, 06:34 PM
I can sum up fav part of fall in one word - Sweaters. I LOVE wearing a sweater and goin' for a stroll outdoors. Family hike to snag a few snaps, takin' the lunatic dog for a walk, geocaching - whatever. Just so awesome to have a cable knit cotton sweater on and head outdoors. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT.

*grin