PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Hay Ride for the kids?

Debra
10-17-2008, 11:00 AM
Thought I'd get your opinion...

We were driving this afternoon and there was a sign at our local community center for haunted hay rides coming up next week 7-10 pm. Hannah's 6 1/2 and she was so excited when we saw the sign..I'm just thinking, geez, this might frighten the heck outta her. Then again, she loves Halloween and goosebumps tv shows, etc.

How about yours... would you take them?

Looking forward to your thoughts *wantmore

j_camargo6
10-17-2008, 11:06 AM
I probably wouldn't....I value my sleep too much, and my 6 1/2 year old has nightmares over Scooby Doo LOL!!! Just last night, in fact, she came and woke me up several times....

We are going to go to the "daytime" corn maze this afternoon, though.

I'm excited for some great pumpkin pictures...if I can just figure out my new camera LOL!

TammyM
10-17-2008, 11:31 AM
6-1/2 might be a little young.
Even if the characters aren't really scarey (and some are), they do things like run up to the ride out of the dark and it scares the bejeezes out of me.
When my son was 8 - 12 he loved them.

I think he liked to laugh at me more than the scarey monsters.:twitcy:

Mom_of_5
10-17-2008, 01:08 PM
I still think that's too young. Our kids still skip the one 'scary' house on the street. The guy plays loud spooky music and jumps out of the dark at the kids! Alex will be 9 in less than a month with the others younger. They just aren't much for the dark and scaring. Of course, we probably have them more sheltered than lots of other kids! Their television viewing is pretty much limited to NOGGIN and Disney when the tv is on. We have a 'screen time' daily limit for the kids that is fairly strict -- that includes tv, computer and any sort of video games.