PDA

View Full Version : I am heartbroken ...

tweederbug
10-16-2008, 03:28 PM
As some of you know,my dh and I are getting a new home. we wanted to build but we couldn't really afford it. We then decided to go with a modular (prefab) instead of a manufactured home. Still out of our budget but we fell in love with this style of home. It had all the updates like drywall,oak cabinets, garden tub and a HUGE utility room. WELL ..
We just got the news that we can't get our home. Not because of financial reasons but FEMA has bought the company out for 4 millions dollars until March.
They are buying the homes out and sending them all to Hurricane Ike victims. We already got everything in order and we got the news yesterday .. :cry:!
There was actaully another couple who already had their basement dug and waiting on the house to be sent and FEMA and Four Seasons said NO! They are now screwed! We are now starting at square one .. waiting to see what we can do. We may have to order through another company .. that is if we can find one like we were planning on getting. Just thought that I would share. Atleast the bank is being nice and just putting everything to the side until we decide what we want to do. I am just bummed out! Thanks for listening and reading,
Sheila

uinthas
10-16-2008, 03:36 PM
How disappointing! I am sorry to hear this - you must be so frustrated! :frown: Good luck finding a new house through a different company!

Irishgal
10-16-2008, 03:48 PM
Oh, I am so, so sorry. I hope you find a new house that you love. I will definitely keep you in my thoughts.

Mom_of_5
10-16-2008, 05:03 PM
Oh no, Sheila!! That is terrible to hear! I am so so sorry. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can find another to order and still be in your new home for the holidays.

HollyS
10-16-2008, 05:07 PM
Oh my....so sorry for you! Maybe it just means that the right house is around another corner for you! Hang in there :)

britnkaysmemaw2
10-16-2008, 05:53 PM
Have to agree with Holly, I'm sure it means that the right house is just around the corner. Keeping you in my thoughts that all will work out for you!

j_camargo6
10-16-2008, 06:11 PM
{{HUGS}} to you Sheila! I'm sure Holly and Cathy are right...something good is around the corner! Hang in there!

spoof
10-16-2008, 06:33 PM
I am so sorry. That sounds so frustrating. Just like everyone said, hopefully your dream house is right in your near future.

babyofmine
10-16-2008, 06:46 PM
How frustrating! I am so sorry you have to go through this. Hang in there!

ThoughtfilledMe
10-16-2008, 07:41 PM
I'm so sorry Sheila! Hopefully this means a better home is waiting for you sometime soon.

TammyM
10-16-2008, 07:55 PM
I feel so bad for you Sheila. I know there is nothing we can say to help but our good wishes are with you for you to attract the perfect home.

kel3120
10-17-2008, 02:53 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that Sheila. That would be so disappointing!! But maybe this was one of those things that happened for a reason, and an even better home will come along for your family. Good luck!

anitastreet
10-17-2008, 04:33 PM
You'd think they'd have to at least fulfill prior commitments first. How frustrating! but maybe with the housing market the way it right now you can find a great deal on something else that's meant to be. It is a buyers market right now...if you have financing lined up. Best of luck!