PDA

View Full Version : Remember those days....

HollyS
10-15-2008, 05:15 AM
When you were a kid and you got play outdoors in the breezy evening on a school night! Well last night brought back memories like that for me!

All 3 of my boys are playing fall baseball and hubby is on the board so we spend alot of time on at the fields. Well, last night was going to be a little different because our oldest is on a majors team and has to travel to other fields. That's new for us this season. So he had a scheduled game at another field. Hubby calls me in the afternoon and announces that he has to work the concession stand at our own field so that meant that I had to go it alone with all 3 boys...one playing in the game and the other two playing on the playground etc. My boys like to scatter but at least with my field I'm more comfortable with the surroundings. Certainly not the case with other fields :) So I was a little anxious about being able to keep my eyes on the game and cheer Sean on and my other boys.

What a beautiful and fun night it turned out to be! After an inning or two, I was able to find the right spot for me to be able to cheer Sean on and keep an eye on Theo and Jack. They had such a ball! The air was breezy, had a big full moon, got to listen to wonderful noises of kids giggling and talking, parents cheering on their kids, balls hitting catchers mits and bats hitting balls! At one point Jack decided to put together a race with about 5 little girls and I was the finish line. Well, they must have raced 20 times...every now and again here came another line of kids running toward me! Then they decided to all do cart wheels. Theo made a friend and made his own baseball field with my keys as a base and other assorted items.

Nights like these make all those stresses just roll right off me and remind me of how important it is to have fun! They also bring memories back of my own childhood and a smile to my face!

j_camargo6
10-15-2008, 05:25 AM
Sounds beautiful! I totally understand the trying to "cheer Sean on and keep an eye on Theo and Jack." When we go to Sophia's volleyball games, I don't see alot, trying to keep track of where the other 5 are. LOL

What a fun night! It's such a blessing to have those little reminders every once in a while!

TammyM
10-15-2008, 08:06 AM
I hope you had your camera with you as all those laughing children were running at you because this sounds like a memory to cherish.

Debra
10-16-2008, 07:06 AM
Good to hear you had time to enjoy the really important things in this life... If we just stop sometimes and look around, sometimes just these moments make all the rest of it worthwhile!

I had one of those moments at Hannah's school this week... I was there to chaperone for trip to the zoo and was standing in the classroom with the class as the Pledge of Allegiance was recited and the kids stood with their hands across thier hearts and then sang our Nationial Anthem... one of the little girls was standing there with her eyes closed, her head tilted back and she was singing her heart out as loud as she could... I'm was so sappy it made me cry!

Thank goodness for all these wonderful moments!!

uinthas
10-16-2008, 04:43 PM
Sounds fun! I think one of the greatest things about having children around is how it makes you stop to reflect on how great life really is! :biggrin: Their excitement and wonder is so contageous!