PDA

View Full Version : I am still around!

amyleigh1204
09-30-2008, 10:57 AM
Some of you may have noticed that I have been very absent from the site in the past few months. I kept thinking that everything would settle down and life would get back to normal soon, but that has not been the case so far. Deb and Holly have been great and allowed me to cut back on things here. They are so great and supportive!

Anyway, my dad is 84 years old and has lived a very long, full, healthy life. However, he had cancer about 20 years ago and then was in remission. We learned that the cancer had come back about 6-8 months ago. Due to his age, there are not many options for him. He went back on chemo, and they began radiation treatment. He will go to the doctor on Thursday, 10/2, at 10:30 to have the final tests run. If the cancer is still present, all of the options are now exhausted. He has really not recovered fully from the stress and exposure to the radiation. He is still really tired and has little appetite. (Which is really not good for an 84 year old man that only weighs about 130 pounds.) If the cancer is still present, basically it will become a waiting game.

He is truly at peace and says that he will have no problem accepting any answers that they doctors give him. It is my mom that he is really worried about. He is our precious daddy and I just don't know what we would do without him. I think that I have really just avoided a lot of things in trying to ignore my feelings about all this.

So, once I get my computer back--it died, completely--I really hope to be getting out some new things for you. Maybe not as often as I once did, but I have started to feel some inspiration coming back, and begun some new things for you.

Anyway, that is what is going on with me. Just keep us in your prayers and I will give you all an update when I have one.

Thanks for listening!

Victoria32
09-30-2008, 11:02 AM
Hugs and prayers for you Amyleigh. This must be so hard on you, but know that there is a God and he does answer prayers. It may not always be what we want or wish for, but it is acccording to His masterplan.
All the best.
Helene

Mom_of_5
09-30-2008, 11:02 AM
Just know that you and your family are in my prayers! God takes care of everything for the best.

And I always look forward to anything that you have the time to create!

j_camargo6
09-30-2008, 12:11 PM
Oh, AmyLeigh! Hugs and more hugs to you and your family! For sure I'll keep you in my prayers, and I hope for the best for you all!

I'm looking forward to seeing your inspiration "on paper" so to speak!

{{HUGS}}

twirlyjoy
09-30-2008, 12:26 PM
oh no - I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. I know how hard it is to watch someone you love battle against such a nasty illness. I will certainly be remembering you in my prayers.

Debra
09-30-2008, 12:33 PM
Hugs to you girly, you know how both Holly and I feel. You and your Dad are most definitely in my prayers.

HollyS
09-30-2008, 12:49 PM
I hope you all hear great news at the upcoming doctor's visit! Will be thinking of you all....

Helen
09-30-2008, 02:13 PM
huge hugs Amy! will say some prayers for your dad and all of you! keeping you all in my thoughts!

Andrea
09-30-2008, 02:22 PM
I've been worried about you with not seeing you on the site as much! You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself!

ThoughtfilledMe
09-30-2008, 03:42 PM
You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck with the appointment.

britnkaysmemaw2
09-30-2008, 04:17 PM
So sorry to hear your news, and my prayers are with you. Looking forward to seeing your upcoming inspirations!

okekeca
10-01-2008, 01:55 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/FunWithTheSims/My%20Pics/Prayers/SendingPrayersYourWay.jpg

spoof
10-01-2008, 03:27 PM
My thoughts and prayers are definitely with you and your family at this time. I hope that tomorrow goes well for you guys. God bless!

emst
10-01-2008, 06:07 PM
Amy you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I know from experience how hard it
is to see one of your parents sick. It seems like even in times like this they try to pass their
strength on to their family.
Hugs to you,
Elaine

gigichet
10-01-2008, 06:26 PM
Oh Amy you are in my thoughts and prayers. I know that this is a very hard time for your family and we will all be here waiting when your life does get back to normal. {{{HUGS}}} to you my friend.

scrappintwins
10-01-2008, 06:49 PM
Oh sweetie! I've been thinking about you and wondering how you were doing. We miss you! You all will be in my thoughts and if you ever need anything please just yell!{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

tweederbug
10-01-2008, 07:11 PM
Many hugs to you and your family. I will be thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers.

mtorres_usa
10-01-2008, 07:33 PM
You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully you will find some peace through all of this.

Hugs, Michelle