PDA

View Full Version : Am sooo excited!!

twirlyjoy
09-22-2008, 05:28 AM
I've got a job - a real life one, that is!!!

I have done volunteer work for quite a few years now, in school and have taught recorder and basic music theory to the kids on a voluntary basis too. But, the time has come for me to earn some money! Finding a job to fit in with school hours and school terms is a nightmare, and finding decent child care here is just non-existent, so I have been trying to find something to fit in with the girls.

And, last week, I did!!! I'll be working school hours and term time only - how much more perfect can you get???!!

And, not only that, the job is something which I really feel in my heart is for me to do.

I will be working in a home for young adults (means anyone aged between 18 and 65!!) with severe learning and physical disabilities. Rather than sending their residents out to day care centres etc, they provide it all there for them, and that's what my job will be! So, I get to do pottery, music, art, horse riding, all sorts of different things with them. I will also be taking some of the more physically able residents ( could be downs syndrome, autistic, etc) out to the local swimming pool or out on the bus into town for a cup of coffee - anything is possible!

I really am so excited and am so impressed with the home and it's facilities and the staff who all seem really friendly.

Anyhow, I don't have a start date yet - have to have yet another CRB check done (they aren't transferable from one place to another one so my school one isn't vaild there), which could take about 4 weeks, but will be starting some training days before that.

I am still jumping up and down in excitement, and they offered it to me on Friday!!

Anyhow, don't panic, I am still going to be here at gds, and will still be ST leader and moderator. And due to the time difference, the only time you might not notice me around will be first thing in the morning for you!!

Ok, gonna go calm down now and go and do some housework - want it spotless before I start and that could take a while! lol!

elenasworld
09-22-2008, 05:31 AM
Congratulations!
That is so awesome!
I am happy for you -- what perfect news!

ABitDaffy
09-22-2008, 06:23 AM
Oh, Joy, congratulations! What a wonderful opportunity! Your excitement is contagious - I know that the residents are going to love having you there!

Debra
09-22-2008, 06:25 AM
Yaaay! So excited for you!!

I guess we can manage to share you for a little while during each day..hehe!

Big Congratulations!!

Ina
09-22-2008, 06:35 AM
Joy, I'm very very happy for you! I actually saw a small documentary here in Finland few months back from UK about a home like this. It seemed really wonderful place as well as the idea was just spot on.

I'm sure you'll be having lots of fun doing all these things you described. So have fun!

Hugs!

britnkaysmemaw2
09-22-2008, 09:49 AM
Congrats! Sounds like a wonderful job.

j_camargo6
09-22-2008, 10:23 AM
BIG Congrats, Joy!!! I'm thrilled for you...it sounds perfect!

babydoll37
09-22-2008, 12:50 PM
*woot Congrats to you!!

scrappinnana
09-22-2008, 01:49 PM
Congratulations!! The job sounds like ooooooh so much fun.

jhyll
09-22-2008, 03:02 PM
Oh Joy, this is wonderful. Congratulations! I am so thrilled for you it sounds like a really meaningfull and very satisfying job.

mcook1966
09-22-2008, 03:14 PM
Congratulations! I know you will do well!

Gem
09-22-2008, 04:45 PM
Congratulations! Wonderful news for you. Maybe they will want to learn to scrap...

Helen
09-22-2008, 06:44 PM
Congratulations Joy! sounds like a fantastic job to have and so rewarding.

Muma
09-22-2008, 07:15 PM
Oh Joy .. I'm so very happy for you. Finding a job like that is priceless ... great hours for you and just what you wanted. You go girl.

Mom_of_5
09-24-2008, 04:09 AM
Congratulations, Joy!! I'm so excited for you. Sounds that an awesome opportunity.