PDA

View Full Version : Long time no see...

schock77
09-15-2008, 04:50 PM
Hiya gals! It has been WAY too long since I've been around. Between piloting a new sp.ed. program at a new elementary school, to my family and the ensuing craziness, to hurricane evacuees... it's been crazy. I'm hoping to be back around more often, get back to scrapping and just wanted to drop in and say hi!

:)

HollyS
09-15-2008, 06:05 PM
Nice to see you Steph....can you share more about your new program?

Andrea
09-15-2008, 08:35 PM
Busy lady! Glad to see you back!

twirlyjoy
09-15-2008, 11:20 PM
Hi!! Great to see you :)

Ina
09-16-2008, 03:11 AM
Great to hear from you! Thought you had left us! SNIF! But luckily it isn't the case. Don't work too much! Sounds all interesting and I'd love to hear more about the new program. I'm interested in all about American school system. I even did my Major's thesis on At risk students in America! :) But that was a long time ago already! I might drop you a line one of these days. :) Glad to hear your ok!

Mom_of_5
09-16-2008, 04:35 AM
So glad you stopped in to say 'Hi". I've really missed seeing you and your awesome layouts around here! Hope to see some real soon!! Take care of yourself!

schock77
09-20-2008, 06:42 AM
Yes... DH is out of town this weekend so I have scrap time literally scheduled (after t-ball and my family's visit!)

As for my new program... the last 8 years I taught PPCD (Preschool program for children of disabilities). This program was for any child age 3 to 5 (sometimes 6) that had a developmental delay of any kind. So in my class, we may have a child with CP, a child with a speech impairment, a child with mental retardation, a child with autism (over the years we've gotten to where most of our students are on the autism spectrum)... basically any delay if you qualified.

Because the way students with autism learn is so different from the way someone with language impairments learn, we have specialized curriculum for the students with autism. They have made AMAZING progress, but it has also made the program not as useful for those kids with language delays.

My district chose me to pilot a new program (just think of it like a spin off) that is shorter in the length, but more intensive language. I'm paired up with my speech-language pathologist and my teacher's aide. It's geared towards kids whose primary delays are expressive and receptive language.

Anyway, go to run to t-ball... be back soon! :)

Muma
09-20-2008, 07:52 AM
Welcome back ... missed you
But wow ..... your new program sounds wonderful and you sound like you are enjoying it. Can't wait to see these new LOs you are making.

Ina
09-20-2008, 09:27 AM
Thanks for telling more about the new program. It sounds wonderful and really interesting. And it seems you are enjoying it too. :biggrin: Programs for special ed students are so so so important. I don't think some people appreciate the work you do with them. But I'm cheering here for you. :vb_chirolp_iei: Keep up the good work and I hope this new program works so well that they will keep it running.:biggrin:

And keep those gorgeous LO's coming. :biggrin:

Hugs!

HollyS
09-20-2008, 10:04 AM
Can I just commend you because it takes a special kind of person to be a teacher and a VERY special and patient kind of person to teach kids with special needs. Experiencing this need firsthand with our niece makes us appreciate you all the more! Good luck with your new program but I bet it will be a success with you leading it...!