PDA

View Full Version : Whatever you do, Don't...

Maisie
09-13-2008, 07:25 AM
Download Microsoft's Service Pack 3!!!
I've never had so many problems!
I couldn't connect to the internet, not to mention so many other little things, like not being able to use my network printer!

Wait until they have all the bugs figured out.

Just when I could get back online, after my laptop crashed (LOL)
Microsoft blindsides me. Now I have tons of reinstalls to do, again! LOL
I have to laugh, it keeps me from pulling my hair out!

CarolW
09-13-2008, 10:36 AM
I'm glad I did the download before I read about your problems. I didn't run into any problems, haven't noticed anything different. Sorry you are having (or have had) so much trouble. I probably wouldn't have done it if my brother (a computer person) hadn't said I should. Good luck, hope you get everything straightened out.

twirlyjoy
09-13-2008, 10:40 AM
Its funny you should post this today, because yesterday, my dd installed it on her computer without a thought (she knows not to download anything dodgy, bt thought that as it was from microsoft, it was ok). Anyhow, she then couldn't connect to the internet either, so it took me ages to uninstall it and get it back working ok for her. Needless to say, I won't be installijg it on mine either!!

(Oh, and I remember someone else posting about the same thing a few weeks back, so we aren't alone!)

Mom_of_5
09-13-2008, 11:12 AM
Oh no! I just finished installing it on my laptop before I went to bed last night. I haven't tried to use it yet...I'm so worried now!

Ina
09-13-2008, 12:02 PM
sorry girls to hear about all your problems. But the answer is: change into Mac computers. I love mine. :love: I actually have two (MacBook laptop and MacMini desktop). They are so easy to use and if needs be I can run Windows within the Mac. I haven't had any problems with mine. No viruses. absolutely nothing. :) I love my Macs and will never change back to Window's world.

Maisie
09-13-2008, 06:41 PM
If I could afford I new computer, or when I can, I am seriously thinking about a MAC. Love those commercials.
I am so angry!!! Everytime I change pages here at GDS I have to resign in, Over and Over again.
When I uninstalled SP3, It said it would interfere with some programs!
AAARRRGGGHHHH......

PS, I also think it's because I am running Windows XP Media Center.