PDA

View Full Version : Olympics...almost over :(!

HollyS
08-22-2008, 03:18 PM
Wow, I don't know what we're gonna do with tv time now that the olympics are just about over! Guess it's back to nature shows...!

Wonder what the closing ceremonies are going to hold...they say they will be good too.

I'm glad but also sad that they look to have found some proof that some of the chinese gymnasts may be under age. I really dislike this type of drama centered around the olympics and would really hate to see them lose any medals. However, one must be taught that there are consequences for breaking the rules if that's indeed what happened.

Thoughts?

britnkaysmemaw2
08-22-2008, 04:30 PM
I read on the internet earlier today that they were not going to delve any further into the ages of the girls, as they claimed that they provided birth certificates proving that they were of age. Now tonight on the news I hear that they are still probing into it. Who knows what will come of it, but I agree with you, if they are not of age, they must learn that there are consequences.

babyofmine
08-22-2008, 05:12 PM
So, the girls from China provided birth cert's to prove their age...where did they get the cert's? :laugh: :wink:
I am sorry that I've missed every bit of it. We don't get any TV, and the internet just isn't the same. But I do try to keep up by reading the online news entries about it. :)
Some very impressive stuff this year! :D

britnkaysmemaw2
08-22-2008, 05:47 PM
I actually thought the same thing about the birth certs when I read it, lol.