PDA

View Full Version : Trying not to worry.....

HollyS
08-17-2008, 11:20 AM
Well, we live in SW Florida (if you hear ft myers or cape coral, that's us) and we have what's expected to become a hurricane coming right at us! Tomorrow is the first day of school and it's expected to hit us tomorrow night/overnight. Now, it's only supposed to be a category 1 hurricane however, we experienced hurricane Charlie a few years back and they didn't properly project that one and that ended up a category 4 so I'm beginning to get a bit worried. During Charlie, me, my hubby, 3 sons, dog and cat all ended up in our utility room where our washer and dryer take up most of it and we had a mattress over us. We were in there for a good 3 hrs. That was really scary but all of us were troopers!

Many folks here are stocking up on water, gas and non-perishables and some are even boarding up their windows. We'll be doing that a bit later today.

Hope I'm just overreacting but please keep us and all of our area in your thoughts :)

tweederbug
08-17-2008, 11:22 AM
Oh no Holly ... I have been watching this and seeing how it's advancing. I hope that things stay as they are. Please stay safe and I will be praying for you and everyone in the area. My family was affected by Hurricane Katrina and we had them here in Ohio for 3 weeks before they were able to go back home to Texas. Good Luck!

j_camargo6
08-17-2008, 11:34 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you!! Stay safe!!

twirlyjoy
08-17-2008, 12:03 PM
Am definitely thinking of you and praying for you all to be safe.

britnkaysmemaw2
08-17-2008, 12:11 PM
You are definitely in our thoughts and prayers. Be safe and don't take any risks!

scrappintwins
08-17-2008, 12:20 PM
Oh no Holly! I'll be thinking about you all. Stay safe!

Victoria32
08-17-2008, 01:30 PM
My thought and prayers are with you and your family Holly. This is very scray for you. Stay safe and let us know when the danger is past.

Mom_of_5
08-17-2008, 02:47 PM
Oh my, Holly! I'm definitely thinking of you and your family. I'm so glad that I don't live in the hurricane area anymore!

griest
08-17-2008, 04:19 PM
Wowzers! I am definately keeping you at the top of the prayer list. I can imagine the worries that go through your mind at a time like this. Keep your wits about you, and we will be sending good vibes to you and everyone in the storm path.

Helen
08-17-2008, 05:08 PM
oh no - hope you make it through it ok with no problems. i have had lots of storms this summer - with high winds - but nothing like you're going to have with these high winds - ugh! stay safe - and ps - if it were me - I think I would be 'driving' north out of its way tonight.

stay safe.

Sexy__Eyes
08-17-2008, 06:03 PM
Oh no Ill definatly keep you in my thoughts and prays to stay safe.

Muma
08-17-2008, 07:36 PM
You will definately be on my thoughts and in my prayers ..... stay safe Holly.

OneMemory
08-17-2008, 08:45 PM
Thinking about you Holly! Have a safe night in your laundry room! You're in our thoughts & prayers!

Ina
08-17-2008, 09:44 PM
Dearest HOlly, I know what you are going through.... Luckily we don't have hurricanes or tornadoes here in Finland but I've been in Texas waiting for a tornado to hit. :O It's nervwreking. You'll be in my thoughts and my prayers. Stay safe!!!!! lots of HUGS!

HollyS
08-17-2008, 11:14 PM
Thanks everyone! Appreciate the positive thoughts :)

As of now since it's slowed down, we aren't likely to know the outcome until Tuesday afternoon now. So I guess the first day of school will go off without a hitch and I can get some good pics! WOOHOO...!

Now I just need to find things to keep my mind off worrying about what this thing is going to do :)

babyofmine
08-18-2008, 06:02 AM
adding my prayers and happy thoughts for you! :) stay safe. better safe than sorry, etc. {{hugs}}

LisasMom
08-18-2008, 05:10 PM
Getting closer - the wait is horrendous, I'm sure! Cranking up the prayers! http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd317/JakesNana/Miss%20You-Get%20Well/prayer.gif

BTW - how did the first day of school go?? Got any fast pics to share?

HollyS
08-19-2008, 06:32 AM
Thanks Julie and Vicki! We're doing well down here. Just lots of rain and wind thankfully. Everything is closed around here.

Boys still had their first day of school yesterday and they were super excited! Had to hold off the tears cuz my youngest started kindergarten :( :) Here's a pic of them but as you can see, my youngest didn't look too happy! LOL....that was because i had already taken quite a few pics before this one trying to get them all to smile! I gave up!

ABitDaffy
08-19-2008, 07:11 AM
Holly, what an awesome shot! It's fantastic! I hope the boys all enjoyed their first day!

I'm glad that Fay has decided to be at least a little bit gentle with you! I checked out the Cone of Doom on the NHC today and almost the ENTIRE state of Florida is in it! I don't think I've ever seen a storm behave this way! It's crazy! Take care and stay dry!

britnkaysmemaw2
08-19-2008, 07:36 AM
Glad to hear you are all ok. Wet you can handle!

LisasMom
08-19-2008, 08:16 AM
Glad to hear things are better than expected!! Those boys are just so cute - one bored, one faking it, and one genuine smile!! Good times!!

Andrea
08-19-2008, 10:04 AM
What a cute shot of your boys! I'm glad you are all ok. I'll take earthquakes over hurricanes any day!

j_camargo6
08-19-2008, 10:10 AM
Fantastic and typical photo (from my experience). Would have to claim a miracle if everybody smiled pretty at the same time!! Hope all is going well!!

Mom_of_5
08-19-2008, 05:46 PM
Your boys are so handsome, Holly! I'm glad everything is ok!

spoof
08-19-2008, 08:05 PM
Oh my! Glad to hear all is well. Let's hope there aren't any more hurricanes headed your way!

Ina
08-19-2008, 09:05 PM
What a cute photo of your handsome boys! More than that I'm really happy to hear that things are ok over there. Still, stay safe! :)

Helen
08-19-2008, 09:59 PM
what a cute photo - great looking boys you have there!

and I'm so glad that FAY turned out ok for you! phew!!!!

I'll take blizzards and cold temps over hurricanes any day!

Glad you are all safe!

twirlyjoy
08-20-2008, 01:16 AM
Fantastic photo! Hope they had a good first day and that things stay safe for you :)

O2BNGdHope
08-20-2008, 07:55 AM
I have a niece in Fort Myers and a sister in Orlando. I've been praying for them and added you to the list! So glad it didn't turn out to be stronger but glad you got some needed rain. Hope no other problems ocurred.