PDA

View Full Version : Olympics....who's been watching lots???

HollyS
08-15-2008, 08:38 AM
Well it sure has been exciting to watch the many competitions. I myself have enjoyed watching the swimming and gymnastics! What have you enjoyed watching?

Oh and how do you feel about the controversy over the lip syncing of another's voice during the opening ceremonies? I'm not happy at the message it sent to the young girls!

mosser77
08-15-2008, 09:48 AM
I've been glued to the tv, and the good stuff I miss I end up watching on NBC's website. DirectTV even has daily trivia :) Loving the beach volleyball, swimming, synchronized diving, gymnastics, even watched a little bit of the women's weightlifting! Softball is one of my favorites, and I'm so sad it won't be around in 2012. :( Those girls are powerhouses.

I was disappointed about the lip synching. Put a bit of a damper on the opening ceremony hooplah. I've never seen a Chinese girl that wasn't cute, and I have a hard time believing the singer wouldn't have melted hearts even if she didn't have "the look."

OneMemory
08-15-2008, 10:11 AM
My DH is glued to the Olympics and my kids not only watch but have to re-enact whatever is going on (so my family room is a gym, a beach volley ball court, a wrestling mat-WHATEVER!)
I wasn't to thrilled with the scoring for the women's gymnastics last night...excited America won, but a little disappointed in the scores.
Oh well, still very fun to watch!

Helen
08-15-2008, 11:00 AM
I've been watching the swimming - especially Michael Phelps - what a swimmer! And he and his family seem so down to earth - makes you appreciate the spirit of the Olympics! I also have watched gymnastics and the American duo in the beach volleyball. My dh (and most men probably) really like the ladies beach volleyball - go figure! no pun intended.

disappointed to hear about the lip syncing - both girls were cute - what a shame - and what a message to send - also disappointed about the digital fireworks that supplemented the fireworks on opening night - I thought they were a wow - too bad some of them were not live.

thank goodness for my dvr and recording - I've been taping it all!

Debra
08-15-2008, 11:32 AM
Yep.. we are watching too.. I didn't see the opening ceremonies so don't know too much about that part but we are sure cheering on everyone and are especially proud around here since Micheal Phelps is a homegrown Marylander!

FlowerGarden
08-15-2008, 06:36 PM
They should have just used the original girl! I heard that one of the Chinese gymnasts is under the age of 16! She's 14 or something like that. Most of them don't even look like their 10 years of age! I was watching equestrian jumping qualifying today, it's one of my favorite olympic sports :)

babyofmine
08-16-2008, 09:10 AM
If we got any of the network channels, I would be GLUED to that screen! :D But we get NO channels with our antenna, and even the new digital tuner doesn't give us any network channels. ugh! I get "reports" from my mom every time I talk to her, but it's just not the same.

spoof
08-16-2008, 07:26 PM
I am completely addicted to the Olympics! We have watched EVERYTHING!!! Thank goodness for DVR so we can fast-forward through stuff we aren't as interested in. My favorites are swimming (gotta love Michael Phelps) and women's gymnastics (I did competitive gymnastics for 10 years). My DH loves track (he was a collegiate track runner), and we both can't wait for the triathlon (our current passion)!!!! I've got a triathlon this Saturday so wish me luck!:head_hurts_kr:

HollyS
08-17-2008, 10:58 AM
I am completely addicted to the Olympics! We have watched EVERYTHING!!! Thank goodness for DVR so we can fast-forward through stuff we aren't as interested in. My favorites are swimming (gotta love Michael Phelps) and women's gymnastics (I did competitive gymnastics for 10 years). My DH loves track (he was a collegiate track runner), and we both can't wait for the triathlon (our current passion)!!!! I've got a triathlon this Saturday so wish me luck!:head_hurts_kr:

Good luck!