PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Ever Make an "In Memoriam" Card?

elenasworld
08-13-2008, 05:36 PM
A friend asked me to help her send out a card in memory of her dad that had details about his life and family. It would go to the people in his address book and relatives who may not have been aware and/or able to attend the services.

I dont want it to be too involved, so I thought of having a single sheet of cardstock, about the size of a wedding invitation (there is lots of text they want to include). But she wants to try to incorporate a photo of him and a favorite poem of his.

Would it be tacky to have the one sheet with all the info and another smaller one with his photo lightly on the cardstock and the poem words on printed on top of that (it is a bust/head shot)? then a paper strip banding the two together?

I would welcome any suggestions you might have.

j_camargo6
08-13-2008, 07:55 PM
Wow, I have no idea! I hope somebody has some good information....

scrappintwins
08-13-2008, 08:21 PM
Having the photo with the poem over it was the first thing that came to mind when I started reading your post. I think it would look wonderful. You seem to be on the right track I think.

elenasworld
08-13-2008, 10:59 PM
Thanks --I printed some out and the words printed on vellum look great over the photo. Now to find that vellum tape!

ckbymommy
08-15-2008, 09:53 PM
Thanks --I printed some out and the words printed on vellum look great over the photo. Now to find that vellum tape!

Speaking as a former paper scrapper - I never found a 'vellum tape' that was actually invisible. If you have the option, I would use something else to attach the vellum to the photo like eyelets or brads, or even punch some holes and thread ribbon through and tie on top.

JMHO

Ina
08-15-2008, 10:08 PM
Speaking as a former paper scrapper - I never found a 'vellum tape' that was actually invisible. If you have the option, I would use something else to attach the vellum to the photo like eyelets or brads, or even punch some holes and thread ribbon through and tie on top.

JMHO

I was going to say the same thing...... I've never found a tape for vellum either that would be invisible....they always show through. so try to go with something else to attach the papers together. :) What was suggested above sounds great. :)

elenasworld
08-16-2008, 07:05 AM
You ladies are great. I have attached lots of vellum too, couldn't find my special tape (which still showed through like you said) and found some archival photo tape that someone had given me. I cut it in thin strips (quilter in a former life here -- love my rotary cutter) It worked great, but I also made a border around the text of a thin black line and that did the trick. It was wide enough to hide my little strips and gave me the guide for cutting.

I would have tried the brads/eyelets, but couldn't find my setter. I think dd has been hiding my scrapping things!

Thanks for the great suggestions.
It really helped me -- been a while since I have made cards in bulk like this.

Oh -- my friend went with the photo on cardstock (i blended it with one of holly's papers and got a great canvas/linen type texture) and the text on the vellum. Digi-cutting is so much easier, there are do-overs!