PDA

View Full Version : New toy!

scrappintwins
08-11-2008, 09:11 PM
I just ordered a new Rebel XTi!!!! I've been mulling this over for what seems like forever and finally bit the bullet and hit that good old "checkout" button. I'm so excited!! I'm sure I'll be a complete moron when I get it, I'm not very photo savvy lol.
Sheila, be ready to babysit me with this thing for a while lol.

scrapsara
08-11-2008, 10:02 PM
coolness! will be looking forward to seeing some photos :)

we are going to get a new fancy camera for christmas this year -- thank goodness my DH is very camera literate LOL!!

twirlyjoy
08-11-2008, 11:45 PM
oooh lucky you! Am not quite brave enough to try a DSLR yet - will have to have a play with my Dad's if he trusts me! lol!

Sexy__Eyes
08-12-2008, 02:12 AM
You gotta let me know how it works gf...Im looking into buying a new camera for Christmas.

Ina
08-12-2008, 02:25 AM
OH WOW! I'm jealous now! I want a new fancy pants camera too. ;) I think I'll have to holler towards the DH department of Camera acquisition...LOL Can't wait to see some photos Christy!

Debra
08-12-2008, 04:32 AM
Christy, you are so going to love it! I love mine and am so glad I got it... It's easy to use on the "auto" settings...LOL! ... next will be all the fabulous lenses too! Can't wait to see your pics - I'm sure there will be many!

j_camargo6
08-12-2008, 04:32 AM
LOL, Ina!!! Love that....

Christy, congrats!! Many happy snaps to you and your precious new addition!!

(LOL) Really I'm a little jealous....but I'll get over it.

ABitDaffy
08-12-2008, 06:14 AM
Oh, I can't wait to see your pictures! I love, love, loved my Rebel. I upgraded to the 40D earlier this summer, but I still use my trusty Rebel quite often (I kept it as a backup and so I could shoot with two lenses). You'll be amazed by the shutter speed and the clarity of your pictures. Have fun!

tweederbug
08-12-2008, 06:30 AM
Woo Hoo .. you finally did it. I will be here for you with everything you need. I love my Rebel XTi. I went and checked out the XSi lastweek. I played around with it and decided not to upgrade YET! My dh says no but we will see when it comes time at Christmas!
I can't wait to see your pictures. Snap away .. you will be a photo addict before you know it. The possibilities are endless with any DSLR camera.

Mimmers49
08-12-2008, 06:55 AM
I would like to know how it goes!! I am not so good at the manual settings on my Fujifilm S5700. Anyone have one of these? I try my own settings, but I can't get it to work on things like (taking pictures of silver in a light box, night pictures that are a good distance away, taking pictures of a fast car) all the auto set program modes don't always work as good as I need them to. :wub1:

OneMemory
08-12-2008, 08:52 AM
I adore mine!! Did you get the 6 MP or 10 MP? What about additional lenses? My girlfriend swears by the simple 50mm so I'm considering that one (at least it won't take a 2nd mortgage to get it like some of the others ;) )

BIG CONGRATS!!!

pennysan
08-12-2008, 09:20 AM
Congrats!!

I just bought myself a Rebel XT 8mp from a local pawn shop and just ordered some macro lenses, an accessory kit and a flash from Amazon.

But I'm like you......now I've got to learn how to use it......

tweederbug
08-12-2008, 01:48 PM
I would like to know how it goes!! I am not so good at the manual settings on my Fujifilm S5700. Anyone have one of these? I try my own settings, but I can't get it to work on things like (taking pictures of silver in a light box, night pictures that are a good distance away, taking pictures of a fast car) all the auto set program modes don't always work as good as I need them to. :wub1:

Night pictures you should adjust your ISO to a higher one. I don't use the Fuji but I am sure it is about the same. For fast moving things you should adjust the shutter speed faster. This will alliminate(sp) any blur.
The Rebel has a letter "M" which I use for motion pictures. The slower the shutter speed, more light gets in for a picture ... fireworks are a good one to try that on. BUT it wears your battery down. If you want to take pictures of thing moving..kids swinging,running jumping,increase the shutter speed. I increased it and cuaght some pretty shots of my hummingbirds in motion.
Well there's everyones lesson for the day LOL!!
Sheila

scrappintwins
08-12-2008, 03:21 PM
This is the package I got.
Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi (a.k.a. 400D) 10.1 Megapixel, SLR, Digital Camera Body (Black) With 1-Year USA Warranty
New! 28-200mm f/3.5-6.3 Auto Focus Lens
1GB CompactFlash Card
CompactFlash Card Reader
Deluxe Digital Camera Carrying Case
Deluxe Lens Care & Maintenance Package
Full Size Tripod
Pack Of LCD Screen Protectors
CapKeeper

I'll have to see what else I need once I figure it out lol...