PDA

View Full Version : A big change!

Ina
08-07-2008, 11:23 AM
Hi girls!

I'm sitting here feeling very jittery, anxious and restless. The reason: I'm going back to work tomorrow after more than 2 years of being home.

It's not a bad thing. I'm actually really looking forward to it. I've loved being at home with Elli but now it's time to go back. :biggrin:

I've been fine and not nervous at all about this.... there's no reason..... but when I took out all the folders and books to take into the class tomorrow ready for next week when the children will come, I started feeling really really anxious. Everything is routine.....but it feels new again after the time spent at home.

More interesting is the question how much scrapping I'll be able to do. :biggrin: I usually make my LO's during the day when Elli's been sleeping her nap. And now I'm going to miss that nap time. LOL I will probably sit here through the nights doing my scrapping. Only time will tell how it will go.

Well, I was sitting here and reading threads, commenting on some beautiful LO's and thought I might drop a line. After all, this is a BIG change in our lives. Elli's too. :biggrin:

Have a great day ya'll! :wink:

Ina

j_camargo6
08-07-2008, 12:00 PM
Oh, Ina, I feel for you.....change is always so hard, isn't it? What a wonderful profession you belong to....teachers ROCK!! Best wishes in the days ahead as you settle in and get back into the swing of things! And bless you for the lives you touch!

Mom_of_5
08-07-2008, 12:00 PM
Good Luck! I know you will love it, though it will be hard leaving Elli. Even though I'm home I do most of my scrapping at night! Have fun!

mosser77
08-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Good for you, Ina! I decided I couldn't be a good teacher AND a good mommy at the same time, so I decided to do the mommy thing full time. Maybe when he starts school, I'll go back too.

It's going to be exciting for you and your students - you've had time off to get refreshed, and they'll be lucky to have you! What grade are you teaching?

twirlyjoy
08-07-2008, 01:04 PM
Good for you! Am sure it will only take a few days before you are settled back in to working!

spoof
08-07-2008, 01:18 PM
Wow that is a big change! Hope we still get to see your scrapping skills. You are so talented. I think it's amazing all the stuff you do! Good luck tomorrow!!!

britnkaysmemaw2
08-07-2008, 02:01 PM
Just wanted to "thank a teacher". This is such a great profession, and you are never given all the credit you deserve.

Good luck on getting back in the swing of things.

We look forward to seeing your scrapping skills continue as your time permits.

Irishgal
08-07-2008, 06:48 PM
Good luck tomorrow! You'll be great.

ckbymommy
08-07-2008, 08:36 PM
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m241/ckbymommy/luck/643.gif

Ina
08-07-2008, 09:26 PM
I just woke up.... a bit too early but never mind.... and reading all the replies from you. I'm actually wiping tears from my eyes. :) Thank you all for your kind words. You all are the best. :) And you won't get rid of me so easily....;) I'm back here tonight (my time - around noon or so in US) after Elli's gone to bed. :) Lots of hugs!

elenasworld
08-10-2008, 07:17 AM
Hope you had a wonderful first day back to school!