PDA

View Full Version : Photo's as a Tool

TammyM
08-02-2008, 06:01 AM
I was reading a newsletter from another scrapbooking site (I know, my bad) and had to share one thing that someone said that really made me re-think how I scrapbook.

Anna Mansfield said:
"I stopped feeling obligated to scrapbook pictures and started scrapbooking memories. Pictures became just one tool, albeit an important one, in my scrapbooking arsenal."

I have had some frustrations with the LO seeming to be the important thing in digital scrapbooking. It's all about the layout and which kit you use, etc. But if you put the picture first and formost there is often a disconnect. This really made me pause and think. Perhaps this is just me but hopefully others will appreciate it also.

mrs.mordecai
08-02-2008, 01:42 PM
What a wonderful thought! Thanks for sharing.

j_camargo6
08-02-2008, 04:01 PM
Beeeeautiful thought!!! Thanks for sharing with us!

Muma
08-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Very well said ..... get that journaling working for you.

TammyM
08-02-2008, 04:13 PM
Muma, you're right. Journaling is the difference between scrapping a photo and creating a memory. It really should take front stage. The problem I have is many of my photo's are from misc holidays and I really don't have specific memories to go along with them. In that instance, journalling is very difficult for me. I know word art is a good choice then, but are there any other suggestions?

OneMemory
08-02-2008, 08:55 PM
We talked a little about it at the chat last week...choose old childhood memories from similar holidays, top 10 reaons you love that holiday, what it means to you, what smells remind you of it...just fun things that don't always have a photo are great for photos with no stories!

kpieczyn
08-10-2008, 03:42 PM
Great thread! I love journaling on layouts. I wish there was more of it.

HollyS
09-20-2008, 03:22 AM
You are absolutely right that this is first and foremost what digital scrapbooking is all about!