PDA

View Full Version : Corel PSP Photo X2

sha
07-29-2008, 04:05 PM
I received a discount offer in my email and I was wondering if anyone has used this program. I am still using PSP 9 and I was thinking about upgrading to a Photoshop program but now they have this offer.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice or experience with the program. If not I did download the trial so I am going to play around with that.

Sexy__Eyes
07-29-2008, 04:23 PM
I used PSP XI and have been thinking about the upgrade also. I am happy with XI but the upgrade looks better. I have tried to install the trial version and it jammed my computer up so I deleted it.

Muma
07-29-2008, 07:42 PM
I used PSP XI and have been thinking about the upgrade also. I am happy with XI but the upgrade looks better. I have tried to install the trial version and it jammed my computer up so I deleted it.

Funny you should mention that ..... I tried installing the trial version of X2 last week and had to instantly delete it because of the same thing. I also use XI.

sha
07-30-2008, 06:46 AM
For some reason X2 makes my computer run really slow. I think this was the reason I never upgraded before.

tamscrappinmemories
08-05-2008, 07:00 PM
I have used both XI and X2 and like X2. I haven't had any problems with it but if you look in there knowledge base they have resolution for the slowness problem. Mentioned in their forum website also.

sha
08-06-2008, 09:06 AM
Thank you I will definitely be looking into that.

ABitDaffy
08-07-2008, 05:14 AM
Hi! I've used PSP 8, 9, 10, X1, and X2. I, too, had trouble when I first downloaded X2 with it having trouble co-existing with X1; however, Corel has released and update to X2 (version 12.01) and that seems to have fixed that problem. I really like X2 and going from version 9 to X2, you'll see a whole bunch of new features, particularly those used for photo editing. Take a look at this link (it shows you the different features available in each version of PSP)

http://www.corel.com/img/content/products/psppx2/PSPPX2_past_version_comparison_5568-07.pdf

Daphne

dolphin_diva27
10-01-2008, 12:26 PM
i have had psp 9 and i upgraded to x2 and i love it! It is different but once you get used to it its great.

Greenfingers
10-03-2008, 02:57 AM
I have just upgraded to X2 and am finding it excellent. Just a word of warning though, I was tempted to upgrade because the offer said:
"Corel® Painter™ Photo Essentials 4 is included in all language versions of the new Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 Ultimate edition"
However, this is a watered down version which allows you to do arty things to your photos (good fun), but does NOT have the facility to start with a fresh page and draw (or layers). I had a polite grumble with Corel, as I think it is missleading, but they have not replied.

MrsRomer
10-09-2008, 08:25 AM
I came in to the digi world using PSP X2 and I love it. Haven't had any problems though.

anitastreet
10-09-2008, 09:09 AM
I have pspx2 on a my new laptop (well, not so new anymore....but it was brand new when I put pspx2 on it)...so no old versions of psp on here... never had any problems. I'm running with Vista and it works beautifully. I love it.....it does everything I could ask it to. I upgraded from psp8.

I am self taught but took the PSP Intermediate class here at GDS taught by Daphne....her classes are really great, so if you want to learn more about this program I really recommend them.

HavaDrPepper
01-31-2009, 09:49 AM
I upgraded to X2 from V9 last May. I've had no problems with it at all. I've always loved PSP. Been using various versions since V4. Laid off of doing creative stuff with it for a couple of years and used V7 just for photo printing even though I had 9. When I started digi-scrapping last Jan I started with 7 then moved to 9. After a few months when I knew I'd stick with it, I bought X2.

By the way, I have just signed up for the Beginner class :) Even though I have been using PSP for so long, there are some things in that class that I never understood so.....

Here I am!

jimmyrose
06-09-2009, 01:43 AM
I use PSP XI and just love it. I have been tempted to upgrade, but have held back. The one thing that I am not sure of is the lack of being able to drag and drop from the Photo Tray. I use the Photo Tray to gather photos and elements for my lo. This lets me try diferent things without going back to my files over and over. It also saves time. I think I would miss this feature. Anyone upgraded from XI? Do you miss this feature or is it no big deal? I do love PSP and Corel Draw in general.

kborgmann
06-09-2009, 08:23 AM
from QVC and paid only $19 for it. My hubby surprised me with it along with 2 books (from Amazon) that help you learn the new program. (kind of like PSP for Dummies!) I have been using PSP X1 and am changing over to PSP X2 slowly. I had a few problems too when I installed it but found a 'patch' at Corel for PSP X2 and it seemed to fix the problem. Go to Corel and get your patch if you haven't done so yet. Maybe it'll be the ticket!

The PSP X2 program came in an unusual way----on a reusable 2GB SD card. The PSP X2 is a full retail version software AND another program was on the SD card too>>>Hallmark Scrapbook Studio Deluxe. (don't know if I'll need it but I got it!) Not a bad deal. :wink: Karen (aka GatorGirl)

citygurl08
11-10-2009, 06:43 AM
i have used psp x2 for more than a year and i love it ,, tried pse 7 and was so lost lol