PDA

View Full Version : VBS week in full swing

cmcariann
07-21-2008, 10:09 PM
I'm taking a few minutes to myself tonight, but VBS is in full swing this week. Today we had 19 kids, only a couple minor issues that I was able to fix... Tomorrow I am filling in as I got a call from 1 of my teachers that she has to be late and miss the first 2 rotations. We are taking tons of pictures as well ... I didn't get my camera charged but there were 3 other cameras going.. The kids are having fun as well.. I will be scrapping this weekend (most likely Friday) as I have tons of photos from the last 3 weeks to get caught up on...

Remember BACK UP... (I will be posting that in most messages for a while..).

twirlyjoy
07-21-2008, 10:23 PM
oooh sounds like fun!!!

babyofmine
07-22-2008, 12:39 PM
My boys LOVE going to VBS, and I totally appreciate the effort that the teachers put into it. :D
(not to mention the 2.5 hours I get to myself! :laugh: )

cmcariann
07-22-2008, 02:24 PM
Today we were all involved... DH painted large yogurt containers out back for each of the kids' crafts... We made gathering buckets to go along with the gathering of Manna in the Desert. The kids loved it... This afternoon we all went out to lunch as DH was wanting a big burger for lunch and I didn't have enough in the freezer to make a manly sized burger... ANything to get out of cooking lunch today ha ha... We also signed up for homeschool co-op today and I put down scrapbooking and digi scrapbooking as 2 things that I could teach/ work into a unit amoung other things... It is a crazy week...

Debra
07-22-2008, 04:36 PM
Sounds like loads of fun! Hannah loves VBS too and I can't wait til we get home from vacation and she can go and have fun with VBS too!

That'll be fun teaching digiscrapping too! Can't wait to hear more about it! Enjoy the rest of the week!

deb o
07-22-2008, 05:34 PM
Our VBS is in full swing this week also.
We belong to a fairly large church and although I didn't hear the child count for this week yet, last year's count was 288 children! It only seems to grow each year. There was some talk of putting a cap on 300 kids just because we don't have any more rooms to use!

Ina
07-22-2008, 08:46 PM
It all sounds a lot of fun and interesting. As a Finn living in Finland I have to ask what the abbreviation VBS stands for? I gathered what it was all about but I was wondering where the abbreviation comes from. :)