PDA

View Full Version : I had to "pass this on"

Muma
06-21-2008, 08:14 AM
I was watching tv with Amy this morning .... when I saw an advertisement that just had me in tears. Not the bad kind but the good kind. It was for an organization called "For Better Life" and the advertisement was about a group of down syndrome kids about to have a race. Well the race starts and one of the boys just zooms off in front only to fall flat on his face a short distance from the finish. When the others catch up to him they slow down, stop and turn around, then offer him their hands. When he gets up they all link arms and run to the finish line together as a team. Things like this just pull at my emotional heart strings .... its takes these very special kids to teach the rest of us about how life should really be. Thats the reason why God puts them on this earth.

Anyway back to "For Better Life" I went to their web site and found so many more similar advertisements or tv spots as they call them. From bikers to kids playing baseball, from truckers to kids telling each other not to cheat. They have pages and pages of quotes [searchable thank goodness lol, there are so many of them] stories from people like you and me. It really is an awe inspiring site with so many things I would love to get on a scrapbook page. Visit http://www.forbetterlife.org/ and get inspired, add a quote or even nominate a hero in your life :D

Their main goal is to encourage others to do good and that is it. One thing they promote is to pass this goodness on. So I'm here to pass on this site and to pass on a story of my own.

DH and I had just bought a new tv. We were having a little trouble getting it in our car and had no idea what we were going to do. The store we got it from did not do deliveries. A couple with 2 children walked passed and stopped, spoke to each other for a short time then they came over and started talking to us. They discovered we lived a street away from their mother .... to cut a long story short they ended up taking our tv home for us in the back of their pick up. When we asked how we could thank them they replied .... just pass the kindness on. We have many many times.

Have you helped or been helped? If so pass on the story.

myahsmommy
06-21-2008, 08:23 AM
Thanks for sharing the site and your story. I've got my own :)

I went to the store one morning, leaving the cash on the table, I only had my cc with me. Unfortunately the store wasn't able to take the cc. I had Myah with me, and we were only getting a few small things. I think the total was only $4. Obviously I couldn't pay for it, so I would have to go back home and get the cash I forgot. The woman behind me was a gift from God that day. She payed for my purchase, after several reassurances that it would be fine and that I didn't need to keep the baby out for no reason (I remember it being really cold that day). As I walked away with my things, I remember telling Myah that there are still good people in the world and that I would teach her that every day. By the time I made it to the car, I was crying. Isn't it just like God to use a stranger to remind us of the simple things.

Victoria32
06-21-2008, 04:46 PM
Thanks for sharing your stories with us Muma and Myhasmommy.
Yes, there are still good people in the world. Let us always see what we can do to help someone else in a rough spot.

HollyS
06-22-2008, 04:24 PM
These are very sweet stories you are sharing...it's so important to share these in tough times and in good times so that we can all be reminded that there is hope and good out there!