PDA

View Full Version : New Yankee Doodle Kit-Ya Wanna Win It??

OneMemory
06-19-2008, 06:43 AM
Just in time for your summer festivities, the lastest addition to my Fairy Tale Collection: Yankee Doodle
Packed with over 120 MGs of red, white and blue fun including an alpha!
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/images/medium/onememory_yankeedoodle_MED.jpg (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_dnld_info&products_id=2266)

and don't miss the super fun star album

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/images/medium/onememory_ydstaralbum_MED.jpg (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_dnld_info&products_id=2267)

Both are in the store now, just click on the images to take you there!

WANT THE KIT FOR FREE?
Just post here two things:
1. your favorite piece from the kit
2. what freedom means to you
and 4 random posters will win it for free!! You only have until Saturday June 21 to play!!

Muma
06-19-2008, 07:07 AM
Fantastic kit, lots of fun elements. Not exactly sure what they are called but my favourite piece is the sparkler trail [swirly]fuzzies. Kinda in the middle at the bottom. They look like fun.

Wow .. what does freedom mean to me. Soooo many things but the essence of it means that I can be me. I can follow my dreams. I can choose. I can give my own life the direction I want ....... and most of all, so can my daughter when she gets old enough that is LOL . For now she still needs some guidance. :D

Andrea
06-19-2008, 07:08 AM
Wow, great work! I love the variety in the paper patterns!

Victoria32
06-19-2008, 07:09 AM
I love the fire works elements and the sparklers. I could never create those myself, and they are the perfect finishing touch to a celebration page.

I am so thankful we live in a free country, where we can travel where and when we want, that we will be protected and that right will prevail over wrong. I am happy we have choices about where and how we will worship, and that we have the freedom to speak and write.

Jody2
06-19-2008, 08:24 AM
From what I can see I would say the sparklers as well as the fireworks

Freedom allows me to have choice be religion, schooling etc.

khenrie
06-19-2008, 08:37 AM
Cute Kit!!!

OKay - So My favorite piece is teh firework sprays - they look great!!

To me freedom means being able to believe in what I want with out being persecuted.

Thanks!!

Helen
06-19-2008, 09:14 AM
Ali - this is a gorgeous kit! I love everything in it - I love the alphas the best - and the papers - and the elements - all of it!

Freedom to me means having the ability to 'think' and to make choices.

Great kit! love it!

spoof
06-19-2008, 09:33 AM
This kit is AWESOME!!! I really hope I win, but if not, I will definitely be picking this one up for myself.

I love all the different papers and alpha, but my favorite piece is the sparkler/fireworks. It's so cool that you were able to make an element that looks exactly like fireworks. I just love it!

Freedom to me means that we can be who we want to be. We have the opportunity to pursue any dream we have. We can marry who we want, live where we want, eat what we want, believe/worship as we choose, etc. America is truly the land of opportunity and dreams!!!:vb_chirolp_iei:

elenasworld
06-19-2008, 09:36 AM
Beautiful kit! I love the little sparklers and fireworks -- the papers are great!

mrs.mordecai
06-19-2008, 09:56 AM
My favorite part is the chipboard stars . . . but don't enter me, because I already have and love it!

relocateddixiegirl
06-19-2008, 10:11 AM
Oh WOW. Those colors. They are absolutely FABULOUS!! Freedom to me means being able to speak my mind and not have to worry about the repercussions. Freedom is the many men & women who have paid the ultimate price to keep us free. As a Marine Corps wife & active volunteer for the Key Volunteer Network (support system for the spouses of deployed Marines) I’ve seen first-hand the day to day impact of a deployment on the family left behind. Freedom is a precious thing & shouldn’t be taken for granted.

britnkaysmemaw2
06-19-2008, 10:49 AM
Awesome kit. I love the sparklers and the flag.

What does Freedom mean to me....when I think of freedom, I think of all the military men & women that are protecting our country so we can be free to do what we want. I am the spouse of an AF retiree and truly appreciate what our troops do for us, both at home and overseas.

elizlom
06-19-2008, 11:55 AM
My favorite piece from the preview:

the blue star with the white stars in it!

What freedom means:

many things of course, one being that we have the luxury to pursue education, both basic and advanced.

thanks for the game!!! Elizabeth :rolleyes1:

hellosnitty
06-19-2008, 12:15 PM
My favorites are the sparklers in the bottom left corner and the silver firework in the center. I just LOVE this kit! Great work!

And freedom to me is having a good layout! lol No, seriously, freedom is more of a feeling that we are free to make the most of our lives and show the world our individuality.

My kids had better answers though!
~~My 10 daughter said "It means people not telling you what to do........not like in this house"

~~My 6 yo son said "We can do whatever we want and like utter people in utter states like England cant do what they wanna do and stuff and America is real special thats why everyone likes America!"

~~My 4 yo said "means I can pee outside and stuff!" (which we DO NOT let him do..from the movie Big Daddy)

~~My 18 mo said "Passi"

Irishgal
06-19-2008, 12:16 PM
My favorite part would be the sparklers, but I love everything about this kit. Wonderful!

For me, freedom means that my daughter can be anyone she wants to be.

tallmich
06-19-2008, 01:02 PM
I LOVE this kit. If I have to pick a favorite thing(s) it would be the fireworks and the sparklers! This kit is just so festive!

Freedom means a country protected by brave men and women. I am so grateful for those in the armed forces who sacrifice so much to keep our freedoms alive.

Noelle
06-19-2008, 01:12 PM
The kit looks GREAT! I like the pieces with the stars and sparkles.

Freedom means being able to make choices and be responsible.

britnkaysmemaw2
06-19-2008, 03:40 PM
How cute were the comments from Hello Snitty's children!!! Out of the mouth of babes! lol

SCRAPPnGRANNY
06-19-2008, 05:07 PM
I love everything about this kit - it's absolutely gorgeous! If I had to pick a favorite, it would have to be the stitched star borders and the wonderful papers!

To me freedom is a precious gift that many take for granted. I cannot imagine living in a world without freedom, but many do it everyday. When I think of freedom, I think of my son and the many, many other soldiers who are out there protecting our right to freedom, and I thank God for each and every one of them.

Gem
06-19-2008, 06:23 PM
I like the red burst the best, but all are wonderful.

Fear not
Random Acts of Kindness
Everyone gets to play, work, serve, live...
Enterprising ideas get an opportunity
Dear ones can receive care
Oppressive entities can be addressed
My life can make a difference

amandamoo
06-19-2008, 06:48 PM
I have to say that I love the alpha! Everything in the kit is wonderful, but I can just see the alpha on so many different pages -- so cute!

Freedom -- I guess to me it means so much more even than the amazing freedoms I experience simply from living in America. Freedom in my life is when I live my life in such a way that I protect and engage in my own freedoms. The bible says that "the truth shall set you free." When I live honestly with myself and others, I feel FREE in a way that transcends the right to vote, pray, befriend whomever I wish, and speak freely of my beliefs. (And those are rights for which I am so grateful to the men and women who have devoted -- and given -- their lives to secure.)

deb o
06-19-2008, 07:09 PM
My favorite item in this kit are the fuzzy fibers. I love unique elements and these just add to the dimension of fireworks.

Freedom to me means that I have the opportunity to experience so many things and choose the ones that I am truly passionate about. There is so much this country has to offer and because of the freedom we have what we dream of doing can become our reality.

jgadner
06-19-2008, 07:34 PM
I just love the glittered fireworks.
Freedom to me means being able to choose and live my life the way I want. Being able to raise my children the way I want, giving them the same opportunities that I have.

OneMemory
06-19-2008, 08:22 PM
You guys I am just loving your answers! (not the kit part, but the freedom part ;)
I get chills reading about them! Keep them coming!!

myahsmommy
06-19-2008, 08:26 PM
My favorite part of this kit?? It's adorable, but I love the pipe cleaners!!
Freedom? I think of my brother-in-law. He's an army vet, overseas twice to iraq in the last three years. I think of how much he has given up to protect my family, his wife and their daughter. That is my freedom.

keepsakesbykristi
06-19-2008, 11:18 PM
I love this kit. The best 4thof July kit that I have seen thus far.
1. My favorite would have to be the flag. It just represents so much and what 4th of July would be without a flag.

2. Freedom to me right now means many sacrifices from others on my behalf. My dad is currently in Iraq and boy is it a crazy time. We miss him terribly but I can certainly take a few minutes on holidays like these to remember all of the men and women that sacrifice for me.

ThoughtfilledMe
06-20-2008, 03:34 AM
My favorite part is the stitching with the stars underneath. I already have the kit though so don't enter me in the drawing.

shawnahldunn
06-20-2008, 05:22 PM
1. My favorite piece from your kit is very hard to choose why, because I love all the elements, they are very cute but what I think makes them the cutest and ones I would purchase is the colors. I love the muted color they still are red, white and blue, just a different take on them. Great job thanks :wub1:

2. What freedom means to me, Well that’s a hard question when I think of freedom I remember my brother, he was a pain but loveable, he made me laugh and cry, he was to smart for his own good sometimes, But the best brother I could ask for. He when to Iraq to fight for everyone’s freedom and died for it. He was happy to do that though he though that this country was worth fighting for and I do too. I just wish that we could have freedom without so many deaths. But I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else…

Thanks for listening
Shawn:blahblah:

OneMemory
06-20-2008, 06:07 PM
Thanks for sharing everyone. I just love everyones different point of view on this. Especially the heartfelt stories like keepsakesbykristi, Myahsmommy, Shawnahldunn and others like theirs!
One more day to share and then I'll draw!

Muma
06-20-2008, 09:06 PM
Thanks for sharing everyone. I just love everyones different point of view on this. Especially the heartfelt stories like keepsakesbykristi, Myahsmommy, Shawnahldunn and others like theirs!
One more day to share and then I'll draw!

I agree with the heart felt stories. So many wonderful men and women who put their lives on the line so we can be who we want to be, do what we want to do and believe in what we want to believe. I can't thank those serving enough. Thank you just doesn't seem to cover it KWIM?.

manchesterclark1
06-20-2008, 11:13 PM
I love the sparkle trim!

Freedom means having a few minutes each night to be able to download and create digital products (even if it's at 2 in the morning!) :)

Ina
06-21-2008, 03:36 AM
My favorite item in the kit is the stitching with the little stars on it. :)

Freedom? It means so many things for me. First of all it means that I can who I am the way I want without anyone trying to change me into some mold. Be able to do the things you want when you want. It also means to be able to live in a place where you want with the people you want. I could go on and on and on....... But I'm not going to write a novel! :D

babyofmine
06-21-2008, 10:19 AM
Beautiful kit! My favorite is the flag. :)
Freedom means standing up for what you believe in, and having the support of your family.

pennysan
06-21-2008, 02:58 PM
I like the star album the best. Does that count? Is it still considered part of the kit?

Freedom means alot to me - I really appreciate being free and being able to make my own choices about religion, etc. Also I can decide to be whatever I want o be when I grow up and my daughter will have many options open to her that are not available to women in other countries....

I am a 8 year veteran of the Army myself and served during the Viet Nam war. I consider myself a patriot and feel I did my part to protect our freedoms and way of life.

http://www.sevenoaksart.co.uk/teddies/americanted9.gif

I LOVE THE USA!!

mskline
06-21-2008, 03:37 PM
I love the chipboard elements.

And freedom to me means that I can be a Christian and spread the Good News without fear of imprisonment. What a blessing we have as Americans!

scrappinali
06-21-2008, 07:10 PM
The kit is wonderful and I love all the elements but my favorite is the flag waving in the breeze. Yankee Doodle is such a fun name there should be a hat with a feather in it.

To me freedom is to live without fear.