PDA

View Full Version : Are you ready for Father's Day?

Debra
06-12-2008, 09:33 AM
So whatcha got planned? Taking him somewhere special or just doing lots of Dad's Day spoiling?...

britnkaysmemaw2
06-12-2008, 09:46 AM
Our DD has planned a cookout & Homemade Ice Cream for Dad's day. Looks like a day of just spoiling dad and playing games and having fun.

twirlyjoy
06-12-2008, 10:40 AM
Well, my Dad is coming round to spend the day with us and we were planning a bbq, but the weather isn't great, so plan B is that Emi cooks toad in the hole (her speciality!!). Unfortunately, my little brother is away in Devon, so he won't be able to come, so instead, we are all going to his house tomorrow for dinner.

Seeing as my SIL has just had the baby, they aren't coming down as it is a bit far when she is obviously very tired. If she has a sudden burst of energy, then they might come down, but it is an hours drive, so might be a bit much so soon after having the baby.

babyofmine
06-13-2008, 06:37 AM
Unfortunately, most of the day will be spent cleaning out the garage (we are trying to get ready for a yard sale).
However, I have planned a breakfast just for him, and presents! The boys will probably finish theirs tomorrow, while DH is at work.

elenasworld
06-13-2008, 07:59 AM
I dont have anything planned since dh will be playing FOUR softball games on Father's Day (make ups because of rain). He wont be back until after 3 or 4pm.
I am working on a "hyrbird" album though -- I have it all printed out, now I just have to find my scissors and get the chipboard to cut. This will be my first glue and pasting project in a long time. Hope I survive!

hellosnitty
06-13-2008, 08:32 AM
My hubby has to work. :(
He is a programmer and is on call all weekend. Im hoping they will leave him alone at least for that day. We do have a few things 'tentatively' planned. He is about to find a new job after this mess.
Poor baby.
My dad is in South Carolina so I cant spend it with him.

Debra
06-14-2008, 07:43 AM
awww.. poor Dad's that have to work :( Hannah's Dad is a firefighter and has to work too... he's picking her up though so she can take him to dinner :wink:

babyofmine
06-14-2008, 08:05 AM
Change of plans here: we got the call last night to see if DH could volunteer in the Terre Haute, IN area for flood clean-up. So he left this morning at 4:45, and won't be back until 9pm tomorrow. So our Father's Day celebrations will have to wait. But that's okay, it gives me more time to perfect everything! :D