PDA

View Full Version : This is my vacation spot...Are you taking a vacation?

amyleigh1204
06-11-2008, 08:30 AM
I was just wondering.....we have had this vacation planned for 6 months, so there is no way we are cancelling, but with gas prices soaring, I know a lot of people will be sticking close to home! Here is my vacation spot in the Smoky Mountains:

The living area:
http://www.legacymountainresort.com/cabins/2-bedrooms/the-elkmont/images/livroom.jpg

The gameroom:
http://www.legacymountainresort.com/cabins/2-bedrooms/the-elkmont/images/gameroom.jpg

THE VIEW!!::biggrin:
http://www.legacymountainresort.com/cabins/2-bedrooms/the-elkmont/images/htubview.jpg

We will be there a week (heavenly!) with no work (heavenly!) and no computers (NOT so heavenly!).

Are any of you taking a vacation this summer? Where are you going?

Debra
06-11-2008, 08:32 AM
Oh my goodness!!! This looks like THE PLACE TO BE!! Boy, am I envious! Hope you have a wonderful wonderful vacation!!

britnkaysmemaw2
06-11-2008, 08:45 AM
Wow! Looks like you will definitely be relaxing and enjoying that beautiful view. The cabin looks spectacular.

Our vacation was a trip to Ohio to visit family over Mem. Day weekend. We spent a day at Indian Lake relaxing.

Hope you have a wonderful vacation!

Sexy__Eyes
06-11-2008, 09:24 AM
Well nothing is etched in stone...but Im planning to go to NC for a few days to spend with Elaine, and a weekend in Lake George to meet Pam Whit. I have Saturday, Sunday and Mondays off so when I get an itch I jump in the car and GO! Usually I head to CT beaches but last weekend we went a bit further to RI and found their beaches better.
I might have to stow away in Amy's suitcase tho. That cabin looks fabulous!! Have a great time.

twirlyjoy
06-11-2008, 09:30 AM
Wow! That looks beautiful!!! We had our holiday back in February, so we are just planning lots of days out with the girls, and maybe a few days away with a couple of friends.

Ina
06-11-2008, 09:49 AM
That view is to die for! I can see myself in that hot tub with a glass of bubbly wine just relaxing! :D Enjoy and take gorgeous photos of the scenery! I definitely want to see some!

scrappintwins
06-11-2008, 10:08 AM
Oh wow! That looks heavenly! We used to go to the Smokies at least twice a year but haven't been since the kiddos. Actually the last time we went I found out I was pregnant with them the day after we got back lol....:twitcy:
I miss it!! Shop some for me Amy!!

griest
06-11-2008, 10:11 AM
We are off to Myrtle Beach in July---I'm not a fan of the humid hot weather there but my family loves the many activiies and the golf, and I do love the ocean in the evening after it cools off. Last summer we were in Alaska and it was a beautiful 65 degrees and sunny. This winter when it was 20 below zero here in Ohio we were in the Carribean with 80 degrees and sunny. So I guess I won't complain to the kids too much about going along with them to their favorite spot. I'm sure not looking forward to filling up that gas tank though!:hairpull::hairpull:

amyleigh1204
06-11-2008, 11:04 AM
We have opted for renting a house or condo for the past few years for vacation because (believe it or not) it is cheaper for week than a hotel! We eat at the house most of the time and we are not all on top of each other. With 3 boys, it would get toooooooo crazy to stay in hotels!

My best friend is going with us, so I will have the perfect shopping partner. While Rex takes the boys to the water park, I will be at Steve and Barry's (yay!).

Just talking about is making me itch to get going!

schock77
06-11-2008, 11:57 AM
Ok... I need the name of that rental property!!! That looks spectacular! We are leaving for Ruidoso, NM Friday morning. It's my kids first long road trip which should be...interesting. But, both of my parents and my mother-in-law are going, so we'll have some vacation time without the kids too. Here's where we're staying- it's actually my mom's friend's vacation home that they rent out when they aren't there so I'm excited about the comforts of home while we're there. :) We'll be tere for a little over a wekk, and I've got to take my son's laptop as I'm still using my broken-but-rigged-to-work laptop w/ desktop monitor, so not sure I'll have much computer time either! http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i214/schock77/ruidoso.jpg

Mom_of_5
06-13-2008, 11:25 AM
WOW! AmyLeigh & Stephanie, those are some beautiful places from the photos! Have a great time!

The only thing we have planned is taking the kids to Hershey. We leave this Thursday and will return on Sunday. Since Mike has only had his job since March, there really isn't any vacation time. We are just fitting in a short trip between the different sports games!

scrapsara
06-13-2008, 07:55 PM
We took a trip to Oklahoma (where I grew up). We drove from Virginia. It was a great trip for my DH to see all my old haunts :) And I got to go shopping at Hobby Lobby LOL!!

Maisie
06-13-2008, 08:05 PM
Wow what a paradise!
I am so envious too!
Doesn't look like we'll have one this year. What with gas prices, and having to take vacation time for hubby's two surgeries.
Maybe between Christmas and New Years.
*Sigh*
That's so far away.