PDA

View Full Version : How much space around page to be framed?

Irishgal
06-10-2008, 07:33 PM
I'm working on a page that I want to frame in an 8 x 10 frame. How much space should I leave around the page so that it can all be seen through the frame?

Thanks!
Claire

anitastreet
06-10-2008, 07:40 PM
depends on the frame but on some it's as much as half an inch all around....you might want to measure the actual opening.... I had a big 11x14 printed last year at Shutterfly..beautiful..but the big beautiful frame I had bought was actually matted for 10.5 x 13.5, even though it said 11x14... .. and not a cheap frame.. I plan on getting another frame...but I put a lot of $$ into that project..kind of wish I had it right from the start!

good luck!

Victoria32
06-11-2008, 02:33 PM
It's a good idea to measure the opening to get the actual size before printing, so that you can make adjustments to the size before hand and have it correct. I just bought a 12 by 12 frame, and will measure before I print to see what resizing is necessary.

Irishgal
06-11-2008, 02:59 PM
Thanks so much for the help. I haven't purchased the frame, yet, but you're right, I should do that first. Thanks!

Claire

elenasworld
06-11-2008, 05:19 PM
anitastreet
depends on the frame but on some it's as much as half an inch all around....you might want to measure the actual opening.... I had a big 11x14 printed last year at Shutterfly..beautiful..but the big beautiful frame I had bought was actually matted for 10.5 x 13.5, even though it said 11x14... .. and not a cheap frame.. I plan on getting another frame...but I put a lot of $$ into that project..kind of wish I had it right from the start!

That has happened to me too -- so frustrating. And, sometimes the dimensions of the 8x10 aren't really 8x10 either. That has happened to me.