PDA

View Full Version : Steven's Surgery is June 10

rumkimom
06-09-2008, 03:27 AM
Steven's ear-tube/Palate surgery is tomorrow.....I don't think I am ready for this yet!! Poor kid has no idea what is going to happen. Then the 3 weeks following the surgery he will be on a liquid diet (nothing in his mouth...no spoon or anything!) and also will have to wear arm restrants. :(

Please pray for us as it will be a hard 3 weeks. Don't know how much scrapbooking I will be able to get done.

Sexy__Eyes
06-09-2008, 03:36 AM
Prayers are with you Wendy for a speedy recovery. Poor Steven doesnt understand that this will make him better. One day he will and thank you for it.
{{{{HUGS}}}}

griest
06-09-2008, 03:40 AM
Aw---there is nothing sadder than to put a small child through that when they don't understand what is going on. My middle son was very ill when he was small and in the hospital often with iv's and hand restraints. I am feeling for you both. Hang in there and remember that in the end, it will all be worth it to have a healthy, happy little guy. Prayers all around!

gigichet
06-09-2008, 03:56 AM
My heart goes out to you Wendy...I know how hard this is on you and poor little Steven. It is always so hard on us to see one of our little ones hurt or go thru something like this. I will hope and pray that everything goes well and that he has a very speedy recovery. {{{{{hugs}}}}} to you honey.

twirlyjoy
06-09-2008, 04:28 AM
awww how hard for you and for him. Just remember that you will remember it long after he has forgotten. Will be praying for you all.

schock77
06-09-2008, 05:11 AM
I know it will be hard, but it will be a great thing when its all said and done. We will be praying for Steven and your family both during the surgery and recovery (it sounds like that will be the hardest part). Keep us posted- we'll be thinking of you!

WenRob
06-09-2008, 05:13 AM
Oh poor baby....:no: I'll keep the little guy and the rest of you in my thoughts.

Mom_of_5
06-09-2008, 03:40 PM
Good luck tomorrow! I'll be thinking of you and your family.

britnkaysmemaw2
06-09-2008, 05:06 PM
Oh my! Sounds like you have your hands full for the next 3 weeks. And Steven is so young, this is going to be extremely tough with him not understanding it all.

My prayers are will you that the surgery goes well, and that he has a speedy recovery.

anitastreet
06-09-2008, 06:29 PM
Hugs and prayers to Steven and your family....having just had surgery I know it's not fun.. but it will be worth it when he's better....I know it has to be hard as a parent though to watch a child go through this when they don't understand what's going on.....

You know Lizzie gave me her beloved purple bear .. tucked it under my arm when I came home from the hospital...half asleep that silly bear made me feel better... I remember my sister doing the same thing when I had surgery 20 years ago with a big stuffed elephant....give him big hugs and kisses from his cyber aunties....

and I always feel the best medicine in the world is having Mom by your side...even now I wanted my Mom :) ... he'll be fine...kids bounce back much better... (can he have ice pops on his liquid diet? those in the little freezer bags you freeze yourself? my kids LOVE those....might be a nice treat.... I imagine the liquid diet part gets to be the hardest part after a while...

we'll be thinking of him Wendy..do let us know how it goes.. hugs from our family to you...

elenasworld
06-09-2008, 06:36 PM
Hope all goes well. It is hard enough for an adult, but when it is our child, it is really hard. Will be thinking of you and your family!

Love4Scrap
06-12-2008, 09:21 PM
I GOT THIS LATER THAN I WISH THAT I HAD, because Now he has had the Surgery,but I still will be praying for you Both .... the next 3 weeks!!!!! God bless you and please do keep us posted each time that you get the chance , as I know we would all love to know... We do all understand that there are not going to be many free days , but just when you get the chance

All our Love,Hugs and kisses

Daneta and her Crew