PDA

View Full Version : Show me your family schedule...

schock77
06-05-2008, 03:32 PM
I've got a job chart for my son, but was wanting to make a "family schedule" to put up as well.

I use schedules ALL DAY at work with my students with autism (but their schedules have to all be the same and very plain) and so I want this family one to be more decorative, while still being functional.

So show me what you've made for your family! :wink: Thanks in advance!!!

schock77
06-06-2008, 04:53 AM
Anyone???

Debra
06-06-2008, 05:11 AM
LOL... I'm thinking of the Julia Roberts Film, Pretty Woman...where she says, "I'm kinda the fly by the seat of your pants kinda girl".... so no real schedule ... normal daily stuff of course everyday..lol..but sure not a pretty schedule...

I'm really curious to see what others have... maybe I need one too!

twirlyjoy
06-06-2008, 05:14 AM
Am thinking that this comes under the heading of organised - something which I am mostdefinitely not!

Maybe when I see other people's pretty ones, it might be the first step towards my being organised!

Ina
06-06-2008, 06:54 AM
Sorry Stephanie, I don't think I'm much help either. Does this mean that we digiscrapbookers are not very good at organizing...except our files. :)

Mom_of_5
06-06-2008, 12:18 PM
hmmm...I'm supposed to have a schedule?? I pretty much had a shedule (in my head) that me and the little ones followed while the older ones were in school, but now that school is out I'm lost! We had breakfast as normal, lunch as usual and April got her nap when she should, but nothing else was the same today. Starting Monday the older ones are in different recreational and sports camps half-days.

I just keep our 'schedule' on one of those big generic wall calendars from Staples. Each person in the family has their own color (I use colored pencils). Even Sam knows his color and can look at the calendar and tell you when something on there is for him. We put camps, appointments, library storytimes, sports games, practices, and other such things on there in the corresponding color. The shower, snack, story, sleep routine is the same every night.

Alex HAD a flip chart to use in the mornings, after school, and at bedtime but I don't know where it is. He has the most difficulty staying on track. I just used 4x6 index cards with clipart I downloaded from the net, laminated them and put them on a ring. I started using it with him before he could read so simple clip art worked great for instructions on the basic things he needed to do and in what order.

Debra
06-06-2008, 01:11 PM
Hey Mel... that's pretty impressive, you doing the laminated cards... I bet you'll get a summer system going in no time!

schock77
06-06-2008, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the ideas girls- I have the same issue Mom_of_5 has- it's summer and I'm not used to keeping my kids busy this long during the day! :laugh: I'll post if I come up with anything good.

I'm in the middle of making a "Princess Potty chart" for Marley with Andrea's "Captivating" kit. She saw the preview of it on the computer and said- "Princess- that's pretty!"

Mom_of_5
06-08-2008, 10:35 AM
A potty chart. That's a great idea!

Sam turned 3 at the end of January. He is pooping on the potty but doesn't seem to have a clue when he needs to go tee-tee. I think I'll try letting him pick a kit and try one of those. I'm hoping I can get Sam and April potty-trained by the end of the summer vacation. I've been changing diapers for YEARS & YEARS! I'll be doing a big happy dance when I get these 2 done!!

Magik
06-08-2008, 10:41 AM
I actually keep mine in a special dayrunner that's made for moms. It has slots for your daily stuff, then areas for your kids (which of course I list my husbands things in there too) along with a place to list your dinner meals at the bottom - I've loved it and can't imagine living without it.

scrappintwins
06-08-2008, 11:48 AM
I want to see the potty chart when you're done!!! I have two to get trained and it's not going to be easy lol......:twitcy: