PDA

View Full Version : Hello is going away...

Andrea
06-05-2008, 10:22 AM
I just found this out and I know a bunch of us here use Hello. It's being discontinued!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it. What are we going to do? :frown:

Announcement here:
http://www.hello.com/

I found this:
http://www.helloagainapp.com/index.php

Any thoughts?

twirlyjoy
06-05-2008, 10:30 AM
I found out a while ago that thery were discontinuing it, in fact, it should have been gone a while ago, but they gave us all a reprieve for a few days!

Am not sure about the Hello again - I have put my email addy in for updates and am hoping I won't get spammed, but we will see!!!

scrappintwins
06-05-2008, 10:32 AM
I signed up for Goober. It's pretty cool. Does all the things Hello does and you can have a multi person chat also.

Muma
06-05-2008, 11:04 AM
I'm on goober to ... even though my hello still seems to be working - just read it will keep working until June 11th

Mom_of_5
06-05-2008, 11:28 AM
I already desintalled Hello! I've been using Goober. Feel free to add me -- Melanie K, ID 462733...

twirlyjoy
06-05-2008, 11:44 AM
I tried Goober too, but really didn't like it anywhere near as much as Hello! It also slowed my computer down :(

With any luck, Hello Again will be up and running by the time the original Hello goes away - and the added bonus is that it is meant to work on Macs too apparently!

britnkaysmemaw2
06-05-2008, 12:00 PM
Wow. Thanks for this info. I use Hello with my family to share our pics and chat. Hope they get the "hello again" site up and going soon.

Muma
06-05-2008, 03:28 PM
With any luck, Hello Again will be up and running by the time the original Hello goes away - and the added bonus is that it is meant to work on Macs too apparently!

Is there a site for "Hello again"? OK Ignore my sillyness ... I see the link at the top of the page D'uh

myahsmommy
06-05-2008, 03:41 PM
can anyone give me a link to goober? My sister and I share opinions on LO's through Hello (using the capture screen) and I would hate to lose that!! Does goober do that as well?

emst
06-05-2008, 07:36 PM
can anyone give me a link to goober? My sister and I share opinions on LO's through Hello (using the capture screen) and I would hate to lose that!! Does goober do that as well?

Tisha you can go to www.goober.com and get signed up there. You don't get to choose a user name they give you a number. And yes you can share your layouts there too.
I signed up over a month ago when I first heard that Hello was ending which was supposed to be the middle of May, they keep changing the dates, now it's June 11th, at least that was the last date that I heard.

babyofmine
06-06-2008, 01:48 PM
I signed up for the new "Hello (again)" just today. I'll try it out, if it's got the ability to share photos just Hello, then I will probably love it.