PDA

View Full Version : Anita Update

ABitDaffy
06-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Hi, everybody! I just got an email from Anita's husband. He said that her surgery went well and she's resting and should be back on-line tomorrow.:vb_chirolp_iei::vb_chirolp_iei:

Sexy__Eyes
06-04-2008, 06:55 PM
Fantastic news, thanks for the update Daphne.

HollyS
06-04-2008, 07:40 PM
That's great news Daphne, thanks for sharing with us!

Mom_of_5
06-04-2008, 07:42 PM
Thank you so much for the update! We will all look forward to seeing her around!

Helen
06-04-2008, 08:11 PM
great news - thanks for the update!

Ina
06-04-2008, 11:03 PM
Thanks Daphne for the wonderful news and update. :D Great to hear everything went well!

twirlyjoy
06-04-2008, 11:41 PM
Thats fantastic news! Thanks for the update :)

PamWhit
06-05-2008, 05:08 AM
So glad to hear all's well with Anita. Of course she'll be back on line -- can't keep a digi scrapper down for long! lol Thanks for the update Daphne.

schock77
06-05-2008, 05:57 AM
So glad to hear it went well! :)

gigichet
06-05-2008, 07:41 AM
so glad to hear that all went well...and thank you for letting us know

anitastreet
06-05-2008, 09:54 AM
thanks all.. I'm here...had a restless night...too much sleep during the day I guess...I'm feeling pretty good all things considered... I do have 2 small splints insided my nose that don't feel so great but not too bad...

I have antibiotics to ward off infection for the next couple days....steroids to help with the swelling and percocet for the pain..but I haven't needed on today so that's good.

Not very good company though right now, just don't feel chatty...just want to sit here and kind of veg out...hope to feel like doing something constructrive in a day or two... the whole family has been home...schools were closed today because of a horrible storms last night....wow, was it a bad one...actually 3 storms total blew across our county late yesterday afternoon...4 inches of rain.....the whole town went black from a power outage...we had minor outages here in the rural county but not like in town...all town residents...all downtown, all restaurants, stores, traffic lights, even the hospital had to go to emergency generators for over 5 hours.... glad my surgery was in the morning and I got to go home before the bad weather rolled in over the mountains.

thanks for the well wishes...think I need something afterall for pain ... my face is hurting a little...I had a sneezing episode earlier that started some bleeding again....oh, speaking of bleeding.. I had a bandage yesterday across the bottom of my nose..taped gauze..kind of like a mustache..Little Lizzie was on the phone with Nana and told her "Mommy has a blindfold on her nose" I have to scrap that somehow...I wanted to laugh so hard but it hurt!!

doc did say the swelling would be the worst at 48 hours..so that will be tomorrow morning...I go back to the ENT on Monday for follow up and get the splints out... so I should be able to tell more how successful this is..but already the post nasal drip and cough are gone...that's a big plus.....

anyway, I'm rambling...may have more of that last painpill still in my system then I thought!

thanks again for the well wishes..and for reading this far :)

I'll be around..might not be too chatty but I'll be here :)

twirlyjoy
06-05-2008, 11:39 AM
Great to hear from you! Those storms sound bad - glad you were safe at home by then.

Hope you continue to recover and will be back better than ever really soon.

griest
06-05-2008, 12:16 PM
Glad to here you are up and running (or not running as the case may be!) Hope your recovery continures on a smooth course and you back to normal befor ya know it! Take care. Kim

emst
06-05-2008, 08:43 PM
Glad to hear that you are on the mend Anita. I haven't been around much, finally came in here to see how you were doing. I've been enjoying Todd, Michelle, Madeline and Kimberly, they go home on Sunday and we get to keep Madeline for the week. Just take it easy and let everyone else take care of you.
Hugs, Elaine

Helen
06-05-2008, 11:49 PM
Hello Anita - great to hear you are doing better! We had bad storms here the last few days too - this weather is crazy!

And you know what - take those pain pills - for the next few days - it will make you get through it a lot easier - because if you wait too long - you could get into a lot of pain and get no sleep - and then you'd be crabby and that's not good - lol.

Hang in there - glad it's going ok so far.

Debra
06-06-2008, 04:25 AM
This is great news! So glad to hear the surgery was a success!!!

anitastreet
06-06-2008, 08:42 PM
And you know what - take those pain pills - for the next few days - it will make you get through it a lot easier - because if you wait too long - you could get into a lot of pain and get no sleep - and then you'd be crabby and that's not good - lol.

oh, Helen...where you spying on me? I thought I was doing so well, didn't need those pain pills...and yup, I waited too long...messed up my sleep..got too tired...got crabby ..actually that's a much nicer word then what I'm sure hubby was thinking!.....but today was a better day...I slept much better..woke up, took another pain pill and went back to sleep.. I can't do much anyway and rest is what the body needs right now. I've done one layout....mostly with A Hanky for Mom...something about it made me feel good...the colors.. I'm not sure..didn't you make it while you were getting better from pneumonia? LOL..it's like chicken noodle soup for the digital scrapper! a nice warm kit... a happy photo...

anyway, I'm rambling...yup, back on the pain meds...

thanks again to everyone...I'm anxious to get back into the swing of things...I'm taking Daphne's Intermediate PSP class here at GDS.....and wow, her tutorials are awesome.. I'm learning things I thought I already knew......

eb2177
06-06-2008, 10:15 PM
Hey Anita, Glad to hear that all is going well and you are on the mend. :o)