PDA

View Full Version : wish me luck..surgery

anitastreet
05-29-2008, 06:16 PM
well, I finally found a doctor that will treat my problems agressively instead of just saying yup, you have chronic recurring sinusitis.... but no allergies, no disease, just non allergic rhinitis....

so next Wednesday I am having surgery... ENT is going to repair my deviated septum, reduce my turbinates...Septoplasty and Turbinate Reduction and also have a balloon procedure on my sinuses much like angioplasty called sinuplasty... said I am an good candidate as I don't have any sinus disease, just the recurring sinus infections...this should take care of it! (I so hope so)

It's all done outpatient....and the only pain should be from the septoplasty...I should be back to normal within a week. Gary is taking off from work on Wednesday, day of surgery...and stay home till the following Monday....by then I should be okay for driving...as Katie will have 2 more days of school. Lizzie's last day of preschool is tomorrow already

so after literally starting the year off on the wrong foot with a broken ankle...it looks like things are starting to improve! I'm excited at the thought of finally being over the years of constant chronic sinus pain and infection....and I know this is a simple surgery as far as surgery goes, but I'm still nervous.. I've had a reaction to anesthesia before...something we will talk to the anesthesiologist about beforehand....so any prayers and good wishes will be appreciated.

Helen
05-29-2008, 07:07 PM
HUGS!!!!!!! Sounds like you have a rough week ahead of you with all that you have going on. Also sounds like something I should probably have done - we both have a lot of the same symptoms (and I had a bad reaction before too like you - very scary).

Good luck and my prayers and well wishes are for you!

Tip - don't know if you can drink from a straw afterwards - but milk shakes bought ahead of time and put in the freezer are always nice to have when you are recuperating from surgery.

Please keep us posted. HUGS!

Irishgal
05-29-2008, 07:09 PM
I'm so glad you found a doctor who can help you out. I hope everything goes well and you have a healthy and speedy recovery.

Claire

WenRob
05-29-2008, 07:13 PM
Good luck Anita! My hubby had his deviated septum fixed and said it was the best thing he ever did. He was back at work in just a couple of days.

britnkaysmemaw2
05-29-2008, 08:12 PM
Good luck with your surgery. I'm sure all will go well.

I just heard about the deviated septum last week when watching the RR show. It actually sounds like a lot of my sinus problems as well. I have had problems since I was a teenager.

Hope you are well and back on your feet quickly!

twirlyjoy
05-29-2008, 10:12 PM
Glad something is being done for you! Hope all goes well - will be praying for you :)

Veronica
05-29-2008, 10:39 PM
Best of luck with your surgery! Hope all goes well and it works! Will be thinking of you!!

Sexy__Eyes
05-30-2008, 12:47 AM
Good luck Anita, my thoughts and prayers will be with you. Speedy recovery.

gigichet
05-30-2008, 01:20 AM
Oh Anita...you poor baby. This has been a tough year for you. But just think of all of the relief that you are going to have when all of this is over, you will be like a new woman. {{{{{hugs}}}}} to you honey.

Ina
05-30-2008, 05:02 AM
Best of luck to you Anita! I'm glad you found a doctor who is willing to help you! Will be thinking of you! Sending all the positive thoughts and speedy recovery wishes. Logs of hugs! :D

emst
05-30-2008, 05:06 AM
Good Luck Anita, I just saw this thread. So glad that you have found a doctor that is willing to help you. You sure have had a bad winter with you foot and your sinuses. I think you and Helen both need a long vacation on some island to recuperate after the awful winter you both have had. Keep us posted on how you're doing. Hopefully you'll be better by the time I come up to VA next month so that we can get together.
Hugs, Elaine

PamWhit
05-30-2008, 05:07 AM
Hugs and best wishes to you Anita! Surgery is always a big deal and I can understand your nervousness, but you sure will feel better soon. Will be praying for a very speedy recovery.

Jan Merkley
05-30-2008, 12:06 PM
Hugs to you, Anita. I hope all goes well for you and that you will be back and going strong again quickly. Freezing milk shakes is a great idea. I hadn't thought of that before. My daughter treated me to a frosty from Wendy's yesterday and they are really good too. So if you have a Wendy's nearby in your neck of the woods, that would be a refreshing treat while you are recooping. The chocolate one is heavenly!!! It tasted so good yesterday! LOL. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

anitastreet
05-30-2008, 12:28 PM
thanks all for the good wishes.. I'll try to post next Wednesday night... I go in at 8am with surgery at 9am....I should be home that afternoon if all goes well.... if I'm not up to posting I'll have hubby post! (yeah..he'll think I'm nuts but he'll do it for me!)

I'm trying to get a bunch of stuff done around the house as I won't be able to do any bending for a week....

frozen drinks sound good...but lately I've been on a soup kick..the warmth has felt good on my sinuses....I've had so much chicken soup I slosh when I walk.. haha! I'm ready for something else.. a Wendy's Frosty sounds yummy..it's been ages since I've had one!

thanks again for all the well wishes!

schock77
05-30-2008, 04:05 PM
Good luck Anita! I hope you get some relief.

Mom_of_5
05-31-2008, 11:56 AM
Goodness, don't know how I have missed this thread! Good luck with the surgery Anita. I'm glad that things will be looking up for you. I'm sure your two little sweet angels will help take care of you!

kel3120
06-01-2008, 06:23 PM
I just found this thread too and I hope everything goes well for you! Hopefully the surgery will take care of all of those other problems you've been dealing with. It's no fun to live with stuff like that (I've had the same issue with doctors too). Good luck on a speedy recovery!

Anemona
06-02-2008, 07:10 AM
I just saw your post. Its so hard to find a doctor that really cares. Best wishes on your surgery. My thoughts will be with you.

anitastreet
06-03-2008, 11:57 AM
thanks again.... tomorrow's the day.. I'm surprisingly calm.. I think I'm just so eager to get this done and over with...I've had so many sinus problems for so long that I'm really looking forward to some relief. They tell me the procedure shouldn't take too long and I should be able to go home a few hours afterwards. So with a little luck I'll be home before dinner. I have to be at the hospital by 7:30am! ugh, that's way too early! :) but at least I get to lay down and sleep .. haha...

I have lots of support from friends and my husband has 5 days off to care for me so I'm in good hands. The girls will be my nurses at home so what better care could I want! I'll try to post back as soon as I can. Thanks for all the support and well wishes. I hope to get some scrapping done during the next week while I recover.

ABitDaffy
06-04-2008, 05:31 AM
Anita, I'm thinking of you this morning and offering up a prayer for a successful surgery, a speedy recovery, and some wonderful recuperation time spent scrapping. :goodluck: