PDA

View Full Version : Yaaay! It Pays to do the laundry!

Debra
05-25-2008, 03:21 PM
Whoohoo...I found $4 bucks in the wash today!! I say finder's keepers... what a shame when you leave laundry (speaking to my 19 yo DD)... I'm Rich!! (Atleast feeling that way in the digi world! *woot*woot

Mom_of_5
05-25-2008, 06:08 PM
LOL! Yeah, I QUIT telling everyone to empty their pockets before dumping it in the basket. I find more money that way!

Johubb
05-25-2008, 07:05 PM
Hey, when dh leaves his pockets full, I do the same thing! Usually I treat myself to a mocha the next day:wink:

Victoria32
05-25-2008, 07:19 PM
Good for you guys...finding money is always a bonus these days.

HollyS
05-25-2008, 07:19 PM
Woohoo!! I have a tupperware thingy on my dryer and it's getting full!!!! I find lots of money from dh...and of course lots of other less desirable things in my kidddos pockets..HEHE!

scrappintwins
05-25-2008, 08:20 PM
That's great! But my favorite thing is to put on a winter coat for the first time that season and find money in the pocket! Woohoo!

nancyrwa
05-25-2008, 08:27 PM
Funny, I did laundry today and it wasn't so profitable as yours! I don't usually find money but I find lots of wood chips that hubby brings home from work!

Debra
05-25-2008, 08:41 PM
That's great! But my favorite thing is to put on a winter coat for the first time that season and find money in the pocket! Woohoo!

yep...that's a favorite of mine to discover too!!

Helen
05-25-2008, 08:49 PM

Yes, that's a favorite of mine too. Works also for putting on that summer jacket for the first time. I did that this morning before leaving the house for the day (didn't need it later - it got up to 76 degrees here today)...but I found some money in my summer jacket today - what a great surprise that was.

I do what Holly does too - I have a little tupperware container in my laundry room also - always finding money in my DH pockets - those coins add up.

twirlyjoy
05-26-2008, 02:31 AM
I am terrible for things like that! I actually had a 20 note (about $40) go through the wash and tumble dryer in a pair of jeans - and it was actually ok at the end of it - luckily!!! The only money I find in my girls pockets is pennies!!!

The best thing I ever found in a pocket was when I was at my dad's and it was a bit chilly, so my dad said I could borrow one of my mum's jackets (although she died nearly 6 years ago, he still keeps her jackets and hand bag hung in the hallway where they always used to be) - when I put my hand in the pocket, there was a shopping list - in her handwriting - that was a real treasure.

emst
05-26-2008, 01:29 PM
I think I'm luckier than any of you. One time I did the laundry and found over $100 in 10's and 20's. My motto with the money in the washer is finders keepers. Needless to say he now empties his pockets so pickins are slim these days. I did give him half of the loot back that one time, but only half. LOL

Andrea
05-26-2008, 02:30 PM
Hey, I love doing laundry for that reason! Finders keepers!

Victoria32
05-26-2008, 04:35 PM
Since money is kept in the wallets, I only find loose change. It will never buy me much, and then it probably was my change to start with.