PDA

View Full Version : So... What are you doing today?

Debra
05-25-2008, 06:31 AM
Well.... what a week it has been! We had a first this week... Hannah broke her arm...so between emergency rooms, orthopedic doctor visits for the first time and first time maneuvering through a bath with a cast on...and of course, it being the first weekend of the pools opening, it's been a loooong week.

After all that, Hannah spent the night last night at a friends birthday slumber party ... had fun..but boy is she a GROUCH today!..LOL

So today we are hanging out and recuperating....

What are you up to?

Victoria32
05-25-2008, 07:06 AM
So sorry to hear about Hannah's arm. Both of our kids had broken arms at about the same age that your Hannah is now. The good thing is that they heal quick.
Just hanging out today as well. DH is still recuperating from open heart surgery and has had a rough couple of days again. He has more doctors visits scheduled tomorrow and Tuesday, so hopefully, we will be on track again soon.
I hope to get a couple of LO's done for some of the May challenges today.

Debra
05-25-2008, 07:40 AM
oh my goodness... how long ago was the surgery? I hope the rough days end and more smooth days happen now :) looking forward to seeing a few challenge layouts from you! I'm sure you need a little creative therapy yourself with all the caretaking you must be doing! labor of love of course :)

Mom_of_5
05-25-2008, 09:49 AM
So sorry to hear about Hannah's arm. Both of our kids had broken arms at about the same age that your Hannah is now. The good thing is that they heal quick.
Just hanging out today as well. DH is still recuperating from open heart surgery and has had a rough couple of days again. He has more doctors visits scheduled tomorrow and Tuesday, so hopefully, we will be on track again soon.
I hope to get a couple of LO's done for some of the May challenges today.

My, my! Hope he gets lots of rest for a quick recovery! Enjoy some relaxing scrap time.

Debra, I'm so sorry to hear about Hannah's arm. Yikes! She sure looks cute in the pic, though.

Ina
05-25-2008, 10:20 AM
Hi from Finland!
Debra, I'm so sorry to hear about Hannah's arm. But she'll have fun collecting autographs on it. :)
Victoria, I wish your husband all the strength and positive thoughts so get well soon.

Today has been a whirl wind here. First cleaning and tidying up the house and the garden, then going to sing with my choir (I sing in a gospel choir) in the afternoon mass. After that I rushed home to welcome all the choir members to a BBQ in our garden. This was the end of the spring season and we'll have a well earned summer break. We all had lovely time. Few brought their children so even Elli had company and just loved it. Now, everyone's gone home and I have cleaned up all the "mess", sitting down for a while (relaxing with my laptop) and going to have an early night.

twirlyjoy
05-25-2008, 10:56 AM
oh wow poor Hannah! Lucie was about her age when she broke her arm - she only needed the cast on, even though it was a bad break - kids bounce back really quickly!!

Victoria - hope your dh has a quick recovery.

Crazy weekend here really - Lucie's 8th birthday yesterday, so she had a party with all her friends here at our house on Friday, then various friends and family popping round all day Saturday which she loved - its the first time since starting school that her birthday has been on a weekend!

Today, we were going to go to the beach with the girls' Dad, but we woke up to lots of rain, so the girls just went to his house instead, then we went to my dad's this afternoon.

Tomorrow we are having a relaxing day just hanging around the house, then the girls have the rest of the week off school for half term break!

Ina
05-25-2008, 11:22 AM
Crazy weekend here really - Lucie's 8th birthday yesterday, so she had a party with all her friends here at our house on Friday, then various friends and family popping round all day Saturday which she loved - its the first time since starting school that her birthday has been on a weekend!

I have to ask what did people think about that adorable cake you had made? And what did Lucie think about it? I understood earlier that she had made a wish for a totally different kind of cake. :) I loved it. :) It was gorgeous! :D

twirlyjoy
05-25-2008, 11:27 AM
I have to ask what did people think about that adorable cake you had made? And what did Lucie think about it? I understood earlier that she had made a wish for a totally different kind of cake. :) I loved it. :) It was gorgeous! :D

She absolutely loved it!!! She didn't even mention the other cake she had seen! All of her friends loved it too! The only problem was that I didn't want to cut it!! lol!!! I have photos of her blowing out the candles but they are still on the camera!!

I have already had a request from a friend to do one for her dd who has a birthday soon!!

Ina
05-25-2008, 11:35 AM
LOL! Great to hear it! I thought you might have requests! ;) It truly was gorgeous cake. I wish we had opportunities like that here in Finland! Unfortunately, I haven't heard of anywhere where they would do cakes like that. :( It would be great to make a really special cake for Elli one day.

schock77
05-25-2008, 01:12 PM
Borken bones, MAJOR surgery, birthday parties... I'm pretty darn boring I guess. We took the kids out to lunch at Freebirds and then went shopping at a spoting good store. Currently My husband is on Jaxon's laptop looking at houses for his parents and I'm on my jimmy-rigged laptop/desktop contraption looking at GDS. My daughter who "did not need a nap" hass fallen asleep on the couch next to me and is now basically sleeping behind my back. :laugh:

I hope Hannah and Victoria's hubby heal and feel better soon and that twirlyjoy (can't remember your real name but always recognize "twirlyjoy") you recoup from the party. Her cake was FABULOUS and I'm sure she loved it. I think I may have told you already, but I am SO stealing that idea! :laugh:

Debra
05-25-2008, 01:15 PM
Borken bones, MAJOR surgery, birthday parties... I'm pretty darn boring I guess. We took the kids out to lunch at Freebirds and then went shopping at a spoting good store. Currently My husband is on Jaxon's laptop looking at houses for his parents and I'm on my jimmy-rigged laptop/desktop contraption looking at GDS. My daughter who "did not need a nap" hass fallen asleep on the couch next to me and is now basically sleeping behind my back. :laugh:

I hope Hannah and Victoria's hubby heal and feel better soon and that twirlyjoy (can't remember your real name but always recognize "twirlyjoy") you recoup from the party. Her cake was FABULOUS and I'm sure she loved it. I think I may have told you already, but I am SO stealing that idea! :laugh:

Oh you're day sounds so nice! Don't ya just love how they "don't need a nap"... :twitcy:

emst
05-25-2008, 05:17 PM
Oh no Debra, sorry to hear about Hannah's arm, thankfully they heal fast. What bad timing though with summer vacation from school to start soon. Tell Hannah that the yellow cast looks wonderful, stylish.
We just got home from a cookout, ribs, burgers, chicken and hotdogs. All kinds of salads and even a couple drinks, LOL. Great time with friends, will rest tomorrow.

Johubb
05-25-2008, 05:54 PM
I am really sorry to hear about Hannah's arm and Victoria's hubby. Prayers that all will heal fine for both! I have been burning up my laptop today, getting lots of scrapping done. My dh, Mike, has been doing the yards and chasing the kiddos with the blower. We will be BBQ tomorrow with friends, so I need to get the house put back together.

Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day Holiday, be safe!

Joanne

scrappintwins
05-25-2008, 07:31 PM
Poor Hannah! Bless her little heart.
And Victoria hope hubby recovers soon. My father had open heart surgery about 8 years ago and it was awful for him. He's diabetic so the incision wouldn't heal correctly and my mom had to pack it three times a day for months.
I had a pretty good day. Didn't do much lol. Me and the kids played outside then they went to my parents for a bit. While they were gone I set up their new sand box on the back porch so I know what we'll be doing tomorrow lol.
Oh and I got 3 whole layouts done! Me, the girl who designs like crazy but NEVER scraps. I'm so proud.

Victoria32
05-26-2008, 06:54 AM
Thanks for all of the kind thought and good wishes for my husband's recovery. Hope you are all having a great Memorial Day today. We in Canada celebrated last weekend with our Victoria Day (named for Queen Victoria). This afternoon, dh sees the cardiac surgeon for his 3 month post-op follow-up visit. While 3 months seems to have gone by quickly, it stillseems like a long road ahead to complete recovery.

Gem
05-26-2008, 07:18 AM
So sorry to hear about Hannah's broken arm! Being in a cast isn't all that fun.
Victoria, I hope you receive a good report from the doctor on your husband's cardiac recovery.

Today I am planting chive, garlic chive and fushias. Yesterday was the picnic.

Debra
05-26-2008, 07:46 AM
Thanks for all the well wishes regarding Hannah... she's running around romping and doesn't seem to have missed a beat so far so all is well!

Victoria, hope you hear good news regarding Hubbies recovery and I'll keep you both in my prayers. My Mom had a heart attack back in 2001 and ended up have triple heart surgery...it was a relatively long road to recovery but she really bounced back after about 8-10 months and has been living her life as though it never happened as of now. :)

Gem, picnics and gardening..sounds like a wonderful weekend!

Hey Christy... Awesome... I'm SO jealous!! Gotta feel great to get 3 layouts done!

tweederbug
05-26-2008, 08:03 AM
OMG...poor thing. I hope that my day and weekend goes better than yours. Looks like Christy's new kit will come in handy for ya LOL! Hope she has a speedy recovery.

Maisie
05-27-2008, 08:27 AM
Didn't see this thread, that's why I started another...lol
Sorry about Hannah's arm. My daughter kept breaking her ankles!
Victoria, hope the Dr visits go well.
If you read my thread, I worked all weekend. Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Retail sucks! LOL
So no cook outs for me. But yeaterday was DD's birthday, so after I got off work, we all met at a resturant for dinner. That was really nice.

britnkaysmemaw2
05-27-2008, 10:55 AM
Sounds like everyone has very busy lives.
Hope Hannah's arm heals quickly and Hope Victoria's hubby get well quickly.

We made a quick trip to Ohio (6 hr trip) for Mem. Day wknd. Spent a day at the lake with my hubby's family, and spent the next day at my families having a cookout. Now we are back home again, and spent the morning having breakfast with my daughters (one of them was in town for a quick bus. trip). Didn't get to see her long, but good to see her whenever. (She lives about 4 1/2 hrs from here).
Now, I get to finish unpacking and chillin on the puter.

Have a great day everyone!

Cathy V