PDA

View Full Version : *Update* and Why I didn't get a chance to do Supreme Team

BobbieB
05-22-2008, 10:47 AM
Well I rather can't say anything is goin any where near good with my sister in law. Helped along by the fact my Mother in Law is a special sort of person who even at times like this thinks its her duty to start all the drama and BS she can
But that if I started on would have me typing for a week.

My SIL went back into the Hospital Sunday evening, Once again literally hours from dying because she has ammonia poisening. She is in Endstage Liver disease and a very high chance at going into a coma. Her liver has completely shut down. So once again I state that she is and always has been farther along then the idiotic docter's were telling us.

Your body's ammonia level should be something like 30-40. At 100 there is a very high chance of ending up comatose. Sunday hers was 98.Monday they got it back down to about 56 which was still to high but low enough for us to breathe a minute.. Yesterday...it was 114. So the hospital released her yesterday afternoon, because the ones up here can't do anything for her. So this morning she should have been on her way about 8 am to UAB which is a transplant hospital in Birmingham (alabama)

They aren't saying 6months to a year now, they've said she needs a transplant NOW which means like 2 weeks ago now. Realistically the changes of her getting a transplant even on the red list is next to zero. She's a 40 year old alcoholic, with Hep C. Alcohol and Hep a,b, or c are 2 of the 3 leading causes of Cirrosis of the Liver. So she is still high risk anyways.

The only thing in her favor right now and to me its morbid as hell is. that More people die on Memorial Day Weekend then any other time of the year. So that ups her chances.

Jazzys Mom
05-22-2008, 12:13 PM
BobbieB,

Its so sad to hear something like this. I doubt thought, being an alcoholic with HepC that she is very high on the transplant list. Your poor family, what they must be going through. You all will be in my prayers

Jazzys Mom

tweederbug
05-22-2008, 12:50 PM
I just wanted to say that I know what you are going through...every aspect of it. I lost a love one while waiting for a liver transplant. The odds are very slim for a liver but you could always check into a live liver donar. If someone is a match to her...they can donate half of their liver to her. Her liver and whomever donated the liver will have a full liver in 3-6 months. The liver is a marvelous organ that can grow back to its normal size. Good luck and my heart really goes out to you.
Sheila

Victoria32
05-22-2008, 02:35 PM
This must be so hard for all of you. Cyberhugs and prayers for you and your family.

schock77
05-22-2008, 02:55 PM
Bobbie,
That is so sad! I hope that things go as well as you can hope for. Sending hugs and thoughts your way.

twirlyjoy
05-22-2008, 10:43 PM
Am sorry to hear you are going through all this. Am thinking and praying for you.

mtorres_usa
05-23-2008, 01:52 AM
I'm so sorry for what you are going through. My prayers go out to you and your family for strength and hope.

ABitDaffy
05-23-2008, 02:43 AM
Bobbie, I'm so sorry! I hope that things improve and that a donor becomes available. You're entire family is in my prayers.

Debra
05-23-2008, 04:19 AM
This must be just heartbreaking...I'm so sorry that your family is going through this... Will be sending up prayers and sending you big hugs...