PDA

View Full Version : need color palette help in psp

anitastreet
05-18-2008, 12:28 PM
I'm trying to use a template from Jessica In Brackets2...but every time I add a new layer to it, the layer is converted to b/w...the template is a psd file so I tried if saving it as a psp file might help.. nope.

I never had this problem using any other templates. but I don't use many, just some of Andreas and a few from Theresa but they always worked fine.

but this is a new one for me....my color palette is b&w instead of in color for every layer I try to add (as are the template layers ) I can't find a way to convert to color.

any ideas? suggestions? or am I out of luck? I'm using PSPx2

ABitDaffy
05-18-2008, 01:48 PM
Anita, it sounds likes it's creating a new mask layer instead of a raster layer. How are you adding the laying - are you copying and pasting it into the template or just adding a new layer?

Sexy__Eyes
05-18-2008, 01:55 PM
Try going into image on the top, then increase color depth, then RGB-16 bits channel. If that dont work Im stumped Anita. Good luck.

Karen M in FL
05-18-2008, 03:24 PM
I have PSE 5.0 and I had exactly the same problem. I ended up sort of copying it without using the template except as a model. I've used lots of PSD templates in the past 6 months and this is the very first time I've encountered this problem. I'm dragging the paper up on to the page which is what I always do. I drag on to the page then Clip to fit using Control G. But every paper I dragged onto this template turned Black and White.

anitastreet
05-18-2008, 04:00 PM
Try going into image on the top, then increase color depth, then RGB-16 bits channel. If that dont work Im stumped Anita. Good luck.

thank you Liz...that worked!!!! yeah.. I knew someone here could help me...I had never run across that problem before.