PDA

View Full Version : resizing elements

kimmie
04-22-2008, 09:51 AM
Ok, I am using PSP 8. I have a page open with my paper and started pulling elements onto it. Some are huge, is there a way to resize them once you have them on the layout as a layer. I can figure out how to select a specific element but not how to make changes to it.

TIA!!
ETA: I thought I knew how to select an item. I had marching ants going around it but now when I go back and to the selection tool I can not figure out how I did that...

anitastreet
04-22-2008, 12:26 PM
Ok, I am using PSP 8. I have a page open with my paper and started pulling elements onto it. Some are huge, is there a way to resize them once you have them on the layout as a layer. I can figure out how to select a specific element but not how to make changes to it.

TIA!!
ETA: I thought I knew how to select an item. I had marching ants going around it but now when I go back and to the selection tool I can not figure out how I did that...

I used to use PSP8, using pspx2 now so I'm trying to remember exactly what the differences are..but I use the pick tool.....then drag the corners of the box around the element to the size I want...or before you copy and paste it into your layout you could do a resize that way too...just make sure you don't save it that way on you original....

hope that helps...I can do, just can't explain real well!

kimmie
04-22-2008, 01:17 PM
I am not sure if I am really going to be able to figure this out. I have to use what I have got for now. I can not even find anything called a pick tool...thanks for trying to help the confused

WenRob
04-26-2008, 06:31 AM
On your tool pallette there is a little arrow icon. If you click that it will give a drop down that says, 'move' and 'select.' Click select then click on your element. You should get a box with a handle in the center and little boxes in each corner. If you put your cursor over one of the boxes and hold your left mouse down you should be able to drag the box in to make your element smaller. (make sure 'scale' is selected and not 'free')
It may be in a different spot (though I understand all PSP is set up basically the same) but you DO have the tool, you just have to find it. PSP has a tendency to hide things so try looking in your 'view' to see if you're hiding your tools from yourself.