PDA

View Full Version : March of Dimes

scrappintwins
04-20-2008, 10:14 AM
It's that time again. The local March for Babies is April 26th. This will be my second year doing the walk. Last year I raised over $600 and this year I am shooting for $1000. The March of Dimes March for Babies is very dear to my heart. My first son was born at 24 weeks and did not survive. A year later my twins were born at 29 weeks and because of advancements made from the March of Dimes they are now happy, healthy 2 1/2 year olds. The mission of March of Dimes is to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth, and infant mortality. Each year thousands of babies are born premature, some have little ill effects, some have long term health issues and some sadly, donít survive.
Please if you can donate to this wonderful cause it would mean so much to me. Any amount counts as it all adds up to help fund the March of Dimes and their fight to save babies.

You can find my home page here.
http://www.marchforbabies.org/personal_page.asp?w=191001687&u=skaggstwins
Donations can be made directly threw paypal to the March of Dimes.

Thank you all so much for all your support!

Debra
04-20-2008, 10:44 AM
Christy, I am so sorry for the loss of your first Son. Hugs to you!

What a great cause this is and thank you so much for sharing a way for us to help!

twirlyjoy
04-20-2008, 11:48 AM
What a great cause - can understand why it is so special to you. Off to check it out now :)

HollyS
04-22-2008, 12:23 PM
I can't imagine the loss Christy and I don't mean to bring that to the forefront of your mind. My heart goes out to you!

Thanks for sharing your story and promoting this great charity Christy!

babyofmine
04-22-2008, 12:36 PM
DH helped raise $1000 along with his co-workers, for the event here in Louisville. {{hugs}} A very worthy cause!
I'm excited about their new name, too. :)

Maisie
04-26-2008, 07:58 AM
I was too happy to help out, with a donation.