PDA

View Full Version : just stopping by...

jrfan88
04-19-2008, 05:43 PM
to say hello! finally got a decent day off where i could work in my yard. any longer and the kids would hae got lost in the grass. now, i have to put grass seed on the dead parts, put out fertilizer, and finish my flower beds. i am tired. maybe i can scrap a little before i go to bed tonight! how is everyone else's weekend going?

babyofmine
04-19-2008, 06:18 PM
it's good for me!! weather was too rainy to work in the yard, so I went shopping instead. Came home with about 20 pounds of chocolate. :laugh:
I got other things, too, but who wants to hear about milk? ;)

Andrea
04-19-2008, 06:58 PM
I agree! I was beginning to worry that my neighbors were going to turn me in for disorderly yard conduct! :twitcy: I had to work in the yard all day today. The weather was great here today.

Amberpony
04-19-2008, 08:10 PM
Today I watched my roomate run in & out of the house Mowing & Weed Eating the yard between snow flurries and sunshine. LOL The dog would bark like mad every time a new storm front would come in. So everytime the dog barked the tools would get put inside a log thrown on the fire and in the house they would come LOL Good thing the dog was there to keep the tools dry.

Oh I Love Oregon.
I am fighting an infection so I hung out on the computer & watched the show.:biggrin:

Helen
04-19-2008, 08:15 PM
it's good for me!! weather was too rainy to work in the yard, so I went shopping instead. Came home with about 20 pounds of chocolate. :laugh:
I got other things, too, but who wants to hear about milk? ;)

ROFL - now THAT is what I call shopping! wow - what in the world are you going to do with 20 pounds of chocolate - too bad you can't share some of that with us - but I'm into sugar - free chocolate these days - oh what I wouldn't give for some really gooey chocolate fudge right now - hmmmmm.

First Saturday it has not rained here in a long time - weather is nice
- in the 70s and we leaving to go to PA tomorrow sometime. I have not even started packing yet - the yard work is going to have to hold out for a few more weeks here - until it dries up some - everything is still so muddy and wet from all the rain we've been having.

hope everyone has a great weekend!

twirlyjoy
04-20-2008, 01:08 AM
Wet and rainy here yesterday too, so went and bought some plants to put in my pots in the garden when it clears up (am not holding my breath though!!!).

Then the girls had 2 friends sleep over last night and this morning they are lying across the floor in my living room watching tv - and they are meant to be seeing their Dad in less than an hour!!!

Then, this afternoon we are going to my dad's and so are my brother and (pregnant) SIL which will be nice as we haven't seen her since we were on holiday together in Feb.

Also have to get school uniforms ironed ready for tomorrow for 2 of the girls and Tuesday for the other!

jrfan88
04-20-2008, 12:13 PM
i finally got the front and back yards seeded and fertilizer put on the back yard and watered. now, just have to fertilize the front, plant my azaleas and other bedding plants, and a few other cosmetic things for the yard. but it makes me feel good to do it. i will post before and after pics when i get done. i love my red azaleas that i got!!!