PDA

View Full Version : What are you........

twirlyjoy
04-19-2008, 04:35 AM
What are you reading right now????

A few months ago, I discovered Jodi Picoult and ever since then, I just can't get enough of her books!!! My Sister's Keeper is my favourite - and one of my favourite books ever, I think! (Can't wait till the film comes out - some great names in that too!!!)

Victoria32
04-19-2008, 06:52 AM
I don't think I have read any of her books. I'm always on the look out for new and inspiring authors, so thanks for the heads up on this one. I'll look My Sister's Keeper the next time I'm looking for a book. What other's would you recommend by her?

twirlyjoy
04-19-2008, 07:34 AM
I don't think I have read any of her books. I'm always on the look out for new and inspiring authors, so thanks for the heads up on this one. I'll look My Sister's Keeper the next time I'm looking for a book. What other's would you recommend by her?

Well, where shall I start! lol!! As I said, My Sister's Keeper is my fave, but other really good ones by her are Salem Falls, The Pact and Mercy - they are all very gripping, and very 'could be a true story' type of books.

babyofmine
04-19-2008, 09:28 AM
I am on a waiting list at my library for "Twilight" by Stephenie Meyer. My sister recommended the series to me. It's about a teenage girl who falls in love with a vampire. SOOOOO NOT my sister's type of book, so it surprised me! :laugh:
I just re-read then entire Little House on the Prairie set. I love those books!!
I'm reading Dragon Rider to my boys at bedtime.
and some political books. :D

WenRob
04-19-2008, 12:56 PM
I have read just bout everything she's done, she is an amazing writer and makes you think. Every time I get one her books David says, "You're going to read yourself right out of a book," because I carry it around until it's done. I just read her latest, "Change of Heart." If you haven't read it yet, you must! "Sister's Keeper" was definitely a fav of mine but "The Pact," is still my all time favorite.

What are you reading right now????

A few months ago, I discovered Jodi Picoult and ever since then, I just can't get enough of her books!!! My Sister's Keeper is my favourite - and one of my favourite books ever, I think! (Can't wait till the film comes out - some great names in that too!!!)

GardenGirl05
04-19-2008, 03:39 PM
I just love hearing about new authors. I just finished a book called Sister of My Heart (http://www.amazon.com/dp/038548951X?tag=gardeofimagi-20&camp=14573&creative=327641&linkCode=as1&creativeASIN=038548951X&adid=0DMRNZG0HKVD9N1M9YF1&) by Chitra Divakaruni. It was pretty good. It definitely made me think!

Victoria32
04-19-2008, 03:44 PM
I am currently reading Charleston by John Jakes. I han't read his books for awhile, but picked this one up because I would so love to visit Charleston and Savannah when my husband recovers from his heart surgery. I love the old historical cities.
I read the Savanah series by Eugenia Price several years ago, so have always wanted to visit Savannah.

Andrea
04-19-2008, 06:06 PM
I'm a classics gal. The last book I read was the Great Gatsby. All those books you all hated in AP high school English are the ones I read over and over. :wink: