PDA

View Full Version : Time to Step Down

emst
04-18-2008, 06:14 AM
Hi Ladies
This is just to let all of you fantastic ladies know that I have resigned as moderator here at GDS. With things getting so hectic in my life I had to make a decision as to what I would continue to do and what I wouldn’t be doing. I’ve chosen to continue to do my scrapping for the CT’s I’m on and for the ST here at GDS and of course to just enjoy time in general with my family and friends.
I’ll still be hosting the Progressive Challenge until the end of the month. I think I had gotten where I was spending more time online at GDS than I ever spent at work LOL.
If it wasn’t for Gwen and Melanie and the team work that the three of us had going I would have quit being moderator sooner.
Thanks to both Gwen and Melanie for their team work and friendships.
See you all around the site as a member only.
Hugs,
Elaine

tweederbug
04-18-2008, 06:25 AM
Oh my goodness...you will be missed as a moderator Elaine! You have been so active on this site. I aggree family and yourself comes first. Just hope to see those layouts of your 2 Princesses..Madeline and Kimberly.
Sheila

Sexy__Eyes
04-18-2008, 06:45 AM
Elaine you also deserve a HUGE THANK YOU for your kind words of encouragement and praise at GDS. Without it I dont think I would have stayed. Life is way too short to let a computer take over it. You have a new BEAUTIFUL granddaughter and another on the way. Enjoy the little things. I enjoyed your progressive challenge tremendously even tho sometimes I wanted to pull my hair out. Your friendship means alot to me Elaine. Im so glad Ive met (well not in person YET!) you. One day gf we will. Im a phone call away if you need anything. Love ya.

HollyS
04-18-2008, 06:49 AM
Thanks for all the love you shown the community members here Elaine....enjoy your family time...that's always most important! Good luck!

PamWhit
04-18-2008, 06:58 AM
Elaine, what can I say? I'll miss you so much. Thank you so much for all your commenting and keeping me going. Keep in touch. Love.

his
04-18-2008, 07:53 AM
Oooo, I'm already crying... first I read about Gwen, now about you... I'm very, very sad... :(((( I'll miss you so much..... :((((

rumkimom
04-18-2008, 08:16 AM
Elaine - sorry to see that you leave as a moderator, but totally understand the need to sprend more time with your family and not the computer! Totally bummed that this will be that last progressive challenge :sad44:...as it is my favorite challenge!

ThoughtfilledMe
04-18-2008, 10:08 AM
Elaine, you're going to be missed as a moderator, but you've got so much going on that it's understandable. Good luck.

Mom_of_5
04-18-2008, 10:14 AM
Make sure you enjoy all your time with your 'girls' and give us lots of new pages to keep up with them too! You are a wonderful inspiration and will be missed as part of the team.

Helen
04-18-2008, 10:47 AM
Elaine - HUGE HUGS from me for ALL that you have done here at GDS as moderator! But with a new granddaughter - Kimberly - and another grandbaby on the way - I so hear you about wanting to spend more time with them.

And if I lived where YOU live - I would be OUTSIDE a lot more than you have been. Good thing I live in Northern Illinois and the weather here is NOT as nice as it is where you live.

I so appreciate you sticking with my CT team - and with the ST team and I am so looking forward to MORE layouts with the new 'sisters' - Madeline and Kimberly - and all of your summer photos.

Again - thank you from the bottom of my heart for all that you did as moderator - and for sponsoring the progressive challenges.

HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Helen

Andrea
04-18-2008, 12:20 PM
So sorry to see you go! Good luck in all you do!

Victoria32
04-18-2008, 12:32 PM
Huge cyberhugs Elaine. I've really enjoyed doing your progressive challenge. You will be missed as a site moderator, but you need to do what is best for yourself and your family. You have been a super encouragement to so many of us scrappers.

babyofmine
04-18-2008, 12:36 PM
oh, I will surely miss your smiling avatar! :laugh: You rocked the mod position! :D God bless!

dawn-in-nz
04-18-2008, 02:14 PM
Was it something I said :eek1 I've only been here a few days and TWO moderators have resigned, just my luck! So glad you're continuing the Progressive challenge though, I was so looking forward to the next step.

Maisie
04-18-2008, 02:27 PM
Elaine,
Thanks for leaving all the lovely comments on my pages!
I know you can't be replaced, but I am glad you'll still be around.

HisKid
04-18-2008, 02:34 PM
Elaine, I'm so sorry to hear that you will no longer be a moderator here at GDS ... you will be missed! But, I totally understand your reasoning and I still hope to see you around the gallery. :D Thank-you so much for the comments and encouragement that you've given me over the past 2 months as I've learned some of the basics of digiscrapping. I'll definitely miss your progressive challenges, they taught me so much and were my favorite challenge. Thank-you!!! ((((((((hugs)))))))) to you. :goodluck:

schock77
04-18-2008, 03:07 PM
Elaine- we'll miss you as a mod, but look forward to seeing more of your fabulous layouts! :)

mskline
04-18-2008, 03:40 PM
I'm sure gonna miss your progressive challenges, as I JUST started doing them and have so been enjoying them. Hopefully someone else will take them over and do just as wonderful a job as you have with them! Thanks for all the time you've spent on here...I know your comments in the gallery are sure nice to get :) I'll see you around (even if it is a little less of you.)

TSavoie11
04-18-2008, 03:58 PM
Thanks for everything you've done and enjoy you're free time! I still hope to see layouts of your lovely granddaughters!

Melody
04-18-2008, 04:25 PM
I can't even begin to thank you for your awesome presence on this site. It's always meant so much to me to see your comments on my LOs. And I love your progressive challenges. I'm sorry they won't continue. I hope you will have more time to spend with your family and scrapping. It's been a pleasure getting to know you.

scrappintwins
04-18-2008, 04:37 PM
Thank you for all the hard work you've done! And don't be a stranger! We all want to see how those babies are growing!! {{{{HUGS}}}}

gigichet
04-18-2008, 05:40 PM
Elaine I just wanted to tell you that it has been terrific working with you and I appreciate everything that you have done here at GDS and for me. You have been a wonderful team mate and Moderator...no one could have been any better. You have gone above and beyond with running the three challenges, doing the commenting, keeping track of the daily downloads and all of the other duties.

I hope that you get to spend more time scrapping and time with the kids. I have learned that you have to take the time to enjoy life and live it to the fullest. Love you girl...:-)

eb2177
04-18-2008, 06:21 PM
Elaine, Thank you so much for all you have been doing here at GDS! I have greatly appreciated all your wonderful comments on my layouts and hosting some great challenges. The progressive challenge has helped me to try new things and really stretch me. Thank you again! I look forward to seeing more layouts of your beautiful granddaughters now that you will have more time on your hands!

anitastreet
04-18-2008, 06:50 PM
Elaine..thanks for all you've done.. I really admire what the moderators do here at GDS...but I truly understand the reasons why you are stepping down....but you'll still be here as a Supreme...and a CT :) so we'll still get to see you beautiful layouts of Kimberly and Madeline....or I don't think I'd let you go :)

Family is important and I think we all can get a bit wrapped up in these computers sometimes....yes they are fun...and scrapping is fun too...and the friends we make on line are fun...but not if we are neglecting the people here with us NOW...our families...our homes...and you're right..summer is coming *(yeah)...we have a busy summer planned already... Niagara Falls....NYC....Camping....and probably Florida too (you know we'll go see my MOM.. unless I can talk her into coming up here!)

(((Hugs))) to you.. and Gwen....you've both been outstanding moderators...I've often thought of you as the glue that held us all together...you've both left some really big shoes to fill!

superbree
04-18-2008, 09:34 PM
Elaine I am so sad to hear this news- I love the Progressive Challenge! and even more I have always loved your comments on my layouts and everyone else's in the gallery. Thank you for all that you have done and have fun spending more time with your family!

heylady
04-19-2008, 04:59 AM
Thank you for making this site so enjoyable. You will be missed.

kllbyrd
04-19-2008, 07:34 AM
Well Mom, I know how much time you spend doing it and I can't help but be a little selfish to have you not on the computer as much when I come visit.

emst
04-19-2008, 10:27 AM
Thanks everyone for all your kind words. I won't be leaving GDS I'm just stepping down as moderator. I'm still on the Supreme Team for a little over a month yet and I also am staying on Helen's and Amy Leigh's Creative Teams, both awesome designers, I love working with their kits as well as with the kits of the other designers here.
You can see from the thread above me that my daughter is glad that I won't be spending as much time on the computer so I can spend time with her, especially since she is getting married next weekend when she and her fiancee Jay fly to Virginia for Kimberly's first birthday. We are having a small informal outside wedding and Michelle being a lawyer applied for a special license so she is going to be performing the ceremony. A lot of things going on that will be keeping me busy.

lawgal
04-19-2008, 11:27 AM
I bet it's a huge relief though! Enjoy!

gailsullivan
04-20-2008, 06:41 AM
Elaine,

I would like to say thank you for all that you have done here at GDS. I truly enjoyed all of the challenges that you have hosted. I would also like to say thank you for all the time and effort that you have put into GDS to make this community a wonderful and fun place. This has been one of my favorite groups. I will truly miss your progressive challenge they were not only fun but always pushed us to be creative to think outside the box. I will truly be sad when this current challenge is done for it will be over.

I do understand your decision and wish you much luck and happeniness. And hope to see you around as a participant in the challenges.

Thank you again.

Gail

wildstorm
04-22-2008, 01:32 AM
oh my I can't believe how much change has gone on since I went to New Zealand. I am so going to miss you Elaine. I haven't ever been able to do any of the challanges but have enjoyed your imput into so much here at GDS. I want you to know just how wonderful I think you are. I wish for you all the most wonderful things in life.

Hugs
Gale