PDA

View Full Version : Stepping Down

gigichet
04-18-2008, 04:09 AM
I just wanted to let you all know that I will be stepping down from my Moderator position here at GDS. It has become more then a full time job and I have realized this last week that life is just too short to spend all of my free time on the computer. . I realize that some of this is my fault and that I have taken this job way too seriously. But that is just me when I take on a job I give it my ALL and donít neglect my duties.

I have made some very good friends here at GDS and plan on seeing you all on the boards from time to time.

If Debra and Holly wish for me to I will continue to do the Font Challenge thru the end of the month.

I wish to give special Thanks to Elaine and Melanie, both of you have been a great help and I couldnít have done it without your help and support but that is what being part of a team is all about isnít itÖhelping each other when needed.

anitastreet
04-18-2008, 04:12 AM
(((HUGS))) Dear Gwen....I totally understand your decision...I know this has been a stressful week for you....I hope you are taking care of yourself. I do hope you will still be posting to GDS though as I know I for one would miss you smiling face :)

all the best, Anita

Mom_of_5
04-18-2008, 04:36 AM
I understand, Gwen, and family should come first. I wish you the best and hope to continue seeing you in the community, my friend.

PamWhit
04-18-2008, 04:57 AM
More {{{{{hugs}}}} for you Gwen! I guess we all understand about life being way too short. You have no idea, dear friend, how you will be missed. Please stay in touch with us all and keep posting those awesome layouts.

HollyS
04-18-2008, 05:09 AM
Well, I know the community joins me in thanking you for all the wonderful love you've given and wish you the very best!

Debra
04-18-2008, 05:18 AM
Absolutely! Thanks again for all of your hard work here at GDS and we wish you the best!

tweederbug
04-18-2008, 05:18 AM
You will missed Gwen but you and your family come first...thanks for all your help with everything that you did for me. Your great advice and our gentle "push" gave me great courage to be active and join CT on this site. Hope you still stay in the community and do some layouts for all of us to see.

Sexy__Eyes
04-18-2008, 06:39 AM
{{{HUGS}}} to you Gwen...and a HUGE THANK YOU for all you have done. You kind words, comments, and fun challenges are so appreciated and will be missed. You, Elaine and Mel have been a positive in my early digi life and continue now. I too understand the way computers tend to run our lives. Lifes too short to spend every hour on it. You know I will always be a phone call away. Love you.

gigichet
04-18-2008, 07:39 AM
I understand, Gwen, and family should come first. I wish you the best and hope to continue seeing you in the community, my friend.

Oh yes...I will still be around the community I just will not be a Moderator....:-)

his
04-18-2008, 07:44 AM
I think, you took a right decision! But I'll miss you as a moderator!

rumkimom
04-18-2008, 08:17 AM
Gwen - sorry to see you stepping down...but totally undestand the need to do it.

sillyleann
04-18-2008, 08:23 AM
Oh, I will miss you so much! Your kind words and encouragement are a big part of what I love about GDS. Thanks for everything! I am so happy that you are making this decision for yourself. I have been there myself and am so glad you are getting things put back in to priority. Please don't be a stranger. I will sorely miss your comments in the gallery. :)

ThoughtfilledMe
04-18-2008, 10:12 AM
You will be greatly missed as a moderator, but I understand needing to spend less time on the computer. Good luck to you.

Helen
04-18-2008, 10:53 AM
Gwen - HUGE HUGS from me for all that you have done as moderator and as a member at GDS! But with your father's passing, I totally understand how you need to spend more time with your mother - and with your husband. Life is too short - and these life passages remind us of the important things in life.

I am so appreciative you are going to stick with my CT team, and I do hope to see MORE layouts with you and your hubby.

What can I say - THANK YOU! and HUGS!

Andrea
04-18-2008, 12:13 PM
I will miss you too! Good luck and I wish you the best with your family! :)

babyofmine
04-18-2008, 12:38 PM
{{hugs}} from me, too! Take care of yourself, and I hope you stick around as a "one of us". :D

Victoria32
04-18-2008, 12:38 PM
Huge cyberhugs to you. You did a great job as a moderator here, and you will be missed, but you need to do what is important for you and your life. Hopefully, we will still see lots of your LO's in the gallery.

Maisie
04-18-2008, 02:34 PM
Gwen,
Thanks for the font challenge. I don't think I ever participated, but you always found some really fantastic fonts! You'll be missed.

HisKid
04-18-2008, 02:38 PM
More ((((((((hugs)))))))) to you. Gwen, I'm so sorry to see you step down from your moderator position but I totally understand especially with the recent passing of your father. Thank-you for all your comments and encouragement over the past couple of months! I look forward to seeing you around the site and to seeing more of your layouts! :D

schock77
04-18-2008, 03:05 PM
We'll miss you as a moderator, but look forward to seeing you on the boards as a scrapper! :)

mskline
04-18-2008, 03:37 PM
I can definitely understand you needing to spend less time on here! It fast becomes QUITE the addiction!!! Maybe you'll be able to get more scrapping done now :wink1: See ya around!

TSavoie11
04-18-2008, 04:00 PM
Thanks Gwen for all that you've done! I hope you'll still come chat at lunch crunch! Enjoy some free time-you deserve it!

Melody
04-18-2008, 04:31 PM
Gwen, I've always been pleased to see your comments on my LOs. I can imagine the job would be getting quite hard though with so many new members, lol. I hope you'll have more time to scrap now and enjoy other things in life. I hope to continue to see you around the "digi world."

scrappintwins
04-18-2008, 04:35 PM
So sorry to see you go, but I can understand. Don't be a stranger and thank you for all the wonderful things you've done! {{{{HUGS}}}}

eb2177
04-18-2008, 06:06 PM
Gwen, thank you for all your comments on my layouts in the gallery and for hosting the font challenge, you have helped to encourge me in my scrapping. I look forward to see and get to comment on even more of your layouts! And I hope that you will still join us at the lunch crunch from time to time.

emst
04-18-2008, 06:09 PM
Gwen I don't know where to start other than saying that you are the best. I know when I first came to GDS you were the reason I stayed, you always left a comment on my layouts, usually the only one most of the time LOL. But with your encouraging comments I chose to stay here at GDS rather than moving on and I continued with my scrapping.
I know that you will be sorely missed with all that you have done for the site but at least I know you will be still posting your layouts and helping Jessica behind the scenes.
I know that we will stay in touch, you have become like a sister to me. Thank you for being such a great team player and friend, couldn't have done it without you or Mel.
Hugs,
Elaine

gigichet
04-19-2008, 04:43 AM
Thank you all for your wonderful comments...{{{{{hugs}}}}} to you all too...and yes I will still be around the boards with my layouts and doing some commenting. I still have Doreen's, Amy Leigh's, Beckie's, Theresa's, Shana's and Helen's CT's that I am working on and so very happy that I am...:-)

kllbyrd
04-19-2008, 07:33 AM
Gwen we hate to see you go.

gigichet
04-19-2008, 12:08 PM
Gwen I don't know where to start other than saying that you are the best. I know when I first came to GDS you were the reason I stayed, you always left a comment on my layouts, usually the only one most of the time LOL. But with your encouraging comments I chose to stay here at GDS rather than moving on and I continued with my scrapping.
I know that you will be sorely missed with all that you have done for the site but at least I know you will be still posting your layouts and helping Jessica behind the scenes.
I know that we will stay in touch, you have become like a sister to me. Thank you for being such a great team player and friend, couldn't have done it without you or Mel.
Hugs,
Elaine

I love you too honey...I couldn't have done it without you. You rock girlfriend...:)

rachnmaddie
04-19-2008, 02:44 PM
Gwen, you are such a sweet and kind person. I hope you spend the much deserved time enjoying your family, and please know that I never take for granted any of the comments you, Elaine and Mel leave for me.

Take care and I will see you around.
Rach

gailsullivan
04-20-2008, 06:34 AM
Gwen,

I would like to say thank you for all that you have done here at GDS. I know that what you do for this site has taken time away from other things that you could have been doing. I would like you to know that I for one appreciate everything you have dona and all the time you have put into this group. I sure hope that you can continue the font challenge. You will truly be missed.

Thank you again.

Gail

anitastreet
04-20-2008, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emst

this holds true for me too...the comments from both you and Elaine mean so very much...especially when I was still a new scrapper....or when I just felt unsure about a layout...so many times a layout posted on the big boards like DST never get a comment..makes me feel like they aren't 'worthy'.... but you and Elaine always took the time to makes each and every layout here at GDS got a comment...so thank you so very much from the bottom of my heart! you have no idea how special you made me and I'm sure others feel!

andrianmichael
04-21-2008, 04:34 AM
Aww Gwen hope things look much brighter for you real soon and you get to spend some time still from time to time with us here in GDS thanks for everything you have done here and look forward to seeing you round sometimes..hugz n take care from oz

wildstorm
04-22-2008, 01:43 AM
Hi Gwen. As I said on Elaine's notices I can not believe the changes that have happen since I went to New Zealand. I truly hope to see you around the site as like one of the other ladies said...you and Elaine are the reason I stayed here at GDS. You both encouraged me so much with your beautiful comments. You have both become like my big sisters and I have developed such a great deal of love and respect for both of you. Keep in touch won't you.
Hugs
Gale