PDA

View Full Version : Hey Everyone

Sexy__Eyes
04-08-2008, 04:36 AM
Yes it's me...out of the hospital finally and on the mend, but not out of the woods. I know Elaine had posted the type of allergic reaction I was having and some of you have read up on it. I was diagnosed as having Stevens Johnson Syndrome, a rare and fatal allergic reaction. According to what Im told, all the meds Ive been taking for my fibromyalgia are well known contributors. Obviously Im not taking them anymore. I still have a rash all over my body and inside my mouth, which are very painful. The Dr has me on high dose prednesone and vicodin. He said I could be going through this for a few weeks to months. AFTER this subsides I have to follow through with an allergist AND my Arthritic Dr to see what can controll my fibromyalgia. I have to admit Im a little scared though. It seems every med out there for fibromyalgia is a contributor for SJS. It doesnt mean I can never take one I just have to be careful. Once on them a tylenol can spark the fire and I will be right back in the hospital. Im sorry to be giving you bad news, but its now my reality.
All I have to say is I want to thank each and every one of you for your prayers and thoughts. It really helped me get through the tough times. Elaine, Gwen, I LOVE YOU TO NO END. Your phone calls mean the world to me. Ive been checking out the forum daily but havent been able to comment much. Mostly the meds keep me spacey. :laugh:
I want to thank all of you for doing the lyrical challenge and hope to see more posted before the 15th when Ill be posting a new song. I am so glad I chose "We Are Family" even before I got sick. Family is such a storng part of our lives...either born and raised in one, being adopted into one (which a few of you have done recently) or having a family as in this WONDERFUL GDS Family.
As the days go on Ill be commenting more and maybe even get a decent layout done. I see there are many new members out there and love to see new sisters. Welcome everyone GDS IS THE PLACE TO BE.

tweederbug
04-08-2008, 04:54 AM
Glad to hear from you. I am also glad that you are home. Being home has got to be a big healer...there is no place like home. I hope that you get to feeling some relief from all of this soon. Sounds like things are still tough for you right now. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I am a true believer in the power of prayer.Take it easy and I will hopefully see you on the site checking in
(((HUGS)))
Sheila

emst
04-08-2008, 05:08 AM
Good Morning Liz
Glad that you were able to update everyone and you did a great job at it with all those meds you are taking, LOL. Keep getting better and you really are being missed her. Love You Girl

gigichet
04-08-2008, 05:23 AM
Morning Honey...glad to see that you made it home safely and I am so happy that you are on the mend...just remember one day at a time and one step at a time. And I have faith in you...you can beat this, you can do ANYTHING that you set your mind to do...:) Love you too.

HollyS
04-08-2008, 05:30 AM
Wow it's so nice to hear from you yourself! We're so thankful that we received updates with Elaine but still so happy to year from you :) Glad you are out of the hospital and in the comfort of your own home. Just hang in there....you'll find the right combo of meds that will work for you. We're here for you always...take care!

WenRob
04-08-2008, 06:07 AM
So glad you are home and able to come on a little bit. I will keep you in my thoughts and hope they have a solution for you soon.

charliesnana
04-08-2008, 06:18 AM
Hey, girl. I'm so proud of the way you are handling all of this mess. Some folks might just throw up their hands and say I can't do it. But, not you, Liz. Take John's hand and together, along with all of our heartfelt wishes for you, you will improve and be able to deal with what has been thrown at you.
Hugs ...

Helen
04-08-2008, 06:23 AM
Hi Liz, it's so good to hear that you are on the mend and home. Take care of yourself. I take vicodin when my migraines are really bad - so I know how you feel - hope they make you feel better and get you through this for a while.
We have missed you around here and hope that you keep getting better.
HUGE HUGS!!!!!!!

Debra
04-08-2008, 06:47 AM
Hi Liz,

So glad to hear that you are out of the hospital, you must be improving! I hope and pray that there will be a medication you can take for your fibromyalgia that won't further increase your chances of another episode!

Just remember that we are here keeping you in our thoughts and prayers and cheering you on to get through this.

Big Hugs and Prayers!

twirlyjoy
04-08-2008, 08:46 AM
Great to hear from you Liz! Glad to hear you are on the mend - will continue to pray for your full recovery.

eb2177
04-08-2008, 09:17 AM
So Glad to hear from you Liz! And so glad you are on the road to recovery, even though it may be a long one. You and your family will continue to be in my prayers. Hugs

mskline
04-08-2008, 09:38 AM
Awwwwwwwww, I am so glad to hear from you! It does sound scary having to deal with all the medicine issues. I'll be praying you guys find the right ones for you which won't end up with results like this again!!

anitastreet
04-08-2008, 05:56 PM
so glad you're out of the hospital.. I do hope you continue to improve and your recovery will be full and speedy. I know it must be scary waiting to see when and what will trigger an allergic reaction! take care of yourself....HUGS!

Mom_of_5
04-09-2008, 05:59 PM
So glad to hear that you are home! Hopefully the doctors will work out the right combination of meds for you and you won't have to be on the prednisone long. I hate taking that med! :frown: I was surprised at what I have read. I had never heard of this, and I am so sorry that it is something to deal with from now on. I believe you are strong and it will all work out! Take it easy!