PDA

View Full Version : just curious

jrfan88
04-06-2008, 10:24 PM
how many people usually come here? the board i go to now has quite a few people, but there are other boards with more. i have recently experienced some disrespect towards others work. that is one thing that bothers me a lot. that is one reason i am going to try to distance myself from there. i started mainly digi scrapping not too long ago and there are some that I feel are a little jealous that i am doing well with it. so, some people have decided to make fun of my work and even post threads that mock my work i recently did a series of LO's of the bath houses we have here in Hot Springs, AR. so, some ladies decided it would be funny to post a thread about bathrooms and outhouses. since then, i have been kind of looking for a new "home". there are also a lot of them who do not digi scrap. i used to mostly paper scrap until recently. i have found that digi scrapping is much cheaper and easier! when i started posting my digi work, i didn't always post where i got all my stuff that i ued for the LO's. someone pointed that out to me so i corrected that and apologized. it was an honest mistake. well, there were those same ones that jumped on it and posted on the board so evryone could have their fun with it. that hurt my feelings so i pulled my LO's i had poted in the gallery there and pm'd the people who are my friends to let them know and i found a new "home". so far you guys have been nice and i plan on staying here a while! besides, i can access the site from my mobile phone. i have internet on it so i can chat while i am on the go!!

mosser77
04-06-2008, 10:37 PM
That stinks! The world is full of stupid people, but you'll find the nice ones here at GDS! I can't imagine anything like that ever happening here...this is the most supportive environment you'll find, IMHO, and is why I've stuck around. :)

As far as the number of people, we have over 9000 members, but of course not all those people are active all the time :) At the bottom of the main forum page, you can see the member stats - registered users, people online.

And lucky you to be able to access GDS on the go! Gotta love technology!

jrfan88
04-06-2008, 10:43 PM
with twins, i can't always sit down at the computer. they are very demandind at 2-1/2 years old. speaking of the babies, oneof them is in the bed with me right now. i am on one edge and she is laying sideways and just stretced out and now her feet are on me!!

twirlyjoy
04-06-2008, 11:56 PM
I agree with Erin - nothing like you have mentioned at the other site would happen here! Everyone is very friendly and helpful :)

shavari
04-07-2008, 03:14 AM
Hi Melanie .. welcome to GDS .. I hope you find it awesome here as I have done.

Im real sorry you experienced the humiliation at the other site .. that sort of thing does not happen here .. the people are all so supportive of everything you do. If you ask for constructive critisism, you get it but in a supportive way, not a degrading way .. if you need help or advice, there are always so many people around to give it.

Ive had a look at your blog and your layouts are amazing!! I have absolutely NO idea how anyone could or would even want to make fun of you. I hope you can see past that experience and upload your layouts to your gallery here for others to see. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I hope you like it here. I love it - some of my favourite designers are here! Just for starters, have a look at ScrapShana, Deb Anderson and Doreen Stolz kits .. theyre amazing! Thats just three of the wonderful designers we have.

scrappintwins
04-07-2008, 05:11 AM
That's just awful! Nothing like that would ever go on here! Everyone is so great and supportive here. We're all glad you've made this your new "home" and we sure hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us....
Mine twins sleep with me most of the time. Funny how such little bodies take up so much room in a bed lol.

ScrapShana
04-07-2008, 05:13 AM
I am in total shock to hear another forum would do that, and their moderators would allow it to go on! You can rest assured, that would NEVER happen here. Oh my. I could just see the steam coming from Deb, Holly, Joy, Mel, Elaine and Gwen's ears! They'd never let disrespectful threads on this board.

We have a lot of registered users, and a good group of regulars, but the place isn't so big you get lost. It's still small enough to allow us to get to know each other on a personal level.

I remember the first time I visited this place, in the gallery someone commented on Elaine's layout and mentioned how much her granddaughter Madeline had grown. That automatically turned me on to this gallery. It's like we're all family.

You will be welcomed with open arms here. No doubt. :)

inge
04-07-2008, 05:15 AM
I just have to agree with all the previous posters it is a wonderfull place here ! Nobody is making fun at the cost of someone else (except sometimes just to tease) but someone has to warn you this is a highly addictive place ! LOL

emst
04-07-2008, 05:27 AM
What an awful thing to go through and like everyone else said, here at GDS that type of thing does not happen. I just recently picked on Ilona in a fun way, man now she calls me "mom", too funny, I love her. And Shana how nice to hear that someone commented on my layout and about how Madeline has grown and you decided to stay, but that is how I too feel about this site, it's like we are all family, such an awesome group of ladies and I too love seeing how all the kids are growing.
Welcome to GDS!!

shavari
04-07-2008, 05:32 AM
I just recently picked on Ilona in a fun way, man now she calls me "mom", too funny, I love her.

*nods*

You've heard of Big Brother .. well .. look out !! Elaine is GDS Momma!!

:lmao:

jrfan88
04-07-2008, 05:34 AM
thank you guys. i will upload the rest of my LO's here shortly. i am always proud of what i do and love to share with others. you all have been very nice and i look forward to getting to know you all. i posted pics of my children in the gallery. there is no where i can hide from my babies. going to the bathroom for privacy is not even an option. justin came in so he could see his mommy. gotta love little kids!! ok, he just left! well, gotta go take a shower, talk to you all later!

gigichet
04-07-2008, 06:20 AM
I am so sorry to hear that you were treated like that at another site. Rest assured that GDS is not like that...we have a very supportive community and everyone is made to feel welcome. We have had a few people in the past that have tried to cause problems here but it is quickly taken care of.

Welcome to GDS and we are so glad that you are here...I can't wait to see your work in the galleries, I saw pictures of those cute kids this morning.

jrfan88
04-07-2008, 03:41 PM
i was visiting the other site to pm my friends. i had a pm from one of the new designers there saying how viscious that board was lately and offering her support to me. i also have a couple other people i have told to come over and check it out over here. i think i am going to stay around. i like you guys already! i like how you all are much more supportive over here. guess i am here to say.

schock77
04-07-2008, 03:53 PM
That DOES stink. I came here because of the friendly environment... you should definitely check it out!

Here's to new friends that actually act like friends! :wink:

jrfan88
04-07-2008, 04:02 PM
thanks, i would invite you to the bbq at my mom's tonight, but it would take too long for you all to get here!

mskline
04-08-2008, 10:44 AM
I can't imagine why what is supposed to be a supportive community would want to act like that. :no: I am so sorry you had to experience that, and hope that you find a better home here.

jrfan88
04-08-2008, 12:14 PM
thank you and so far I have!! I just love the look and feel of this site a lot more than others that I have seen.:gogo: