PDA

View Full Version : Needing to vent...

TSavoie11
04-06-2008, 05:53 PM
I need to vent to someone who will actually understand and care!

I have ACDSee and have been spending A LOT of time tagging all my stuff. I'm not even finished yet and I messed up! BIG TIME! I moved folders outside of acdsee and when I went to fix it, I chose the wrong folder and lost my organizing on all those folders! :cry: It wasn't just a couple either! Now I have to go back through all my stuff and see what is still tagged and what isn't! Waaaaa!

I'm not going to mess with it anymore today...who knows what else I might mess up!:head_hurts_kr:

Ok, vent is over! Thanks for listening!

Mom_of_5
04-06-2008, 06:00 PM
Oh my goodness! I am definitely feeling for you! I had something similar happen to me when I was using the library in Digital Image Pro for tagging.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's not too terribly messed up!

charliesnana
04-06-2008, 06:27 PM
Tami ... same thing happened to me. I was like you and got really upset. After a few days, I went back and started putting things right again. I did discover that when I did a search, the tagged items would show up, but ACDsee would tell me it couldn't find them. But, I would recognize the name of the kit and know where to find them. Did that make any sense??? Anyway, I know it is frustrating and I'm sorry it happened to you too.

WenRob
04-06-2008, 07:17 PM
I don't know how much you've done since that happened but can you go to 'edit' and select 'undo move?' It might be worth a try. That's saved my butt on more then one occasion.

kel3120
04-07-2008, 06:33 PM
Oh my gosh, I did pretty much the same thing with a different program similar to ACDSee. I was so upset that I spent so much time for nothing. I know how much work it is to do that tagging, so I feel for you!

babyofmine
04-07-2008, 07:12 PM
whoa!! I accidentally deleted an entire folder (containing ALL the stuff from one designer) just now. right now!!! and even though I was able to save it from the "recycle bin", all that tagging is gone. :(
so, I feel with ya!

HollyS
04-08-2008, 06:34 AM
Ugh, feel for you although I haven't been thru it. I haven't mustered up the energy and time to tag everything in ACDSee even though I've had the software for almost a year now...! Thanks to those chimed in with some suggestions on what to do if this ever happens again.

mskline
04-08-2008, 10:41 AM
I can definitely see how frustrated you would be!!! I have JUST started tagging my stuff in Adobe Bridge, and OMG...I can't imagine having to do it AGAIN after getting through everything!! It is going to take a month or more as it is to get through all my supplies! {{{BIG HUGS}}}