PDA

View Full Version : The disaster finally happened!

Mom_of_5
04-06-2008, 03:54 PM
After I dropped the older boys off for their 5 hr PTO session today I decided to stop at Walmart with the 2 little ones on the way home. Sam took in 'bunny' and April took in her 'meow' blankie. Understand, this blankie goes EVERYWHERE with April. She has slept with it every night and nap since she got it shortly after she was born (she'll be 2 on the 25th). Anyway, we were in the toy section and Sam & April both wanted a big ball. April laid meow on the floor. I already had bunny in my pocket. They chose balls and we continued our shopping.

When we got out to the van, I put the kids in and reached for meow in my pocket. IT WASN'T THERE!! :no: We quickly unloaded the items from the cart to the van and ran back into the store. Sam, April and I looked every place we had been at least six times. I was crying at the customer service counter. A grown woman! No one had turned it in. We left. :cry:

After 3 hours and several stores, no new meow was found and she turned down every replacement suggestion as "ooey, not my meow". I am a wreck. Dacy is searching Ebay for a replacement. April is crying 'my meow' over and over.

On the way home I decided to check vm one more time -- just in case Walmart has called. I've already checked at least 10 times with no result. YES! YES! YES! Customer service called! Someone turned it in! I went back to get it.

Thank goodness someone out there is still honest! And I have a spare on the way from Ebay.

Woooo...what a day!

ScrapShana
04-06-2008, 04:11 PM
OMG, I can just imagine your panic! Not good when a little one loses something so important to them! Whew, glad you got it back!!!

HollyS
04-06-2008, 04:43 PM
Oh geez, I can't imagine how you and her felt! I'm so glad this story has a happy ending! Thanks for sharing!

gigichet
04-06-2008, 04:58 PM
Oh poor April and poor you. I am so happy that everything turned out well and that April will sleep peacefully tonight...:)

babyofmine
04-06-2008, 05:00 PM
oh, thank goodness they turned it in!! {{hugs}} I'm glad meow is back home safely! :)

Debra
04-06-2008, 05:00 PM
Oh my Mel...what a day you and poor April have had... So glad it all turned out well ... Sweet dreams little one!

Gem
04-06-2008, 05:18 PM
Whew! Good ending...

anitastreet
04-06-2008, 05:44 PM
oh happy ending! Lizzie lost her Lovey Dovey Duckie at Epcot of all places and I was able to back track to the China pavillion and lo and behold they had it still!!!! on the 4th of July no less! it took me an hour to squeeze my way back to where my family was waiting at the front of the crowd for the fireworks..but believe me, the fireworks from Lizzie would have been worse had we not found her beloved Duckie.....I have 2 reserves..she found them..gave them names too and knows the differences in them that I can't distinguish! LOL....she's 5 now and still takes her Lovey Dovey..and now Lucky Ducky and Chucky Ducky with her almost every where!!!

Katie brings her stuffed Cheetah in the car but leaves her there so she doesn't lose it! smart kid! :)

schock77
04-06-2008, 05:44 PM
My son never had anything like that, but my daughter was another story. She would NOT sleep without her Snow White baby. It came as a set from Ebay (my son WAS obsessed with rudolph year round as a little one and I had bought the bumble):twitcy:
Once we left it at grandma's and had to make a 2 hour drive to get it the next day so she would return to her bed. I got 2 more similar ones on Ebay and then she decided she could live without her! :rolleyes1: She's my tough one...

Glad Meow was rescued and that reinforcements have been called in! :laugh:

Mom_of_5
04-06-2008, 05:57 PM
Isn't it amazing what we will do for our kids? Even my ex-husband was helping Dacy on the ebay search! I was almost totally convinced that we would never see meow again! I am always such a careful and organized person -- I'm still reeling over the fact that it happened on my 'watch' to begin with.

Even at barely 3 Sam knew it was a tragedy. He has a blue one that's a puppy. He kept telling her in the van, "No cry A. You my puppy blankie." How cute is that?

charliesnana
04-06-2008, 06:22 PM
Oh what a day you and April and Sam went through. I just had to shout YES! when you said someone actually turned it in AND Walmart called to tell you. So very glad you had a happy ending.
Hugs

emst
04-06-2008, 06:38 PM
Oh I am so glad that Meow was found and April got it back. Madeline doesn't go anywhere without Kitty and one day it was missing. Poor Todd and Michelle hunted high and low. Even called me to see if I'd seen him a few days earlier when I'd been there. Madeline was upset for days, no kitty. She has an awful habit of putting things where they don't belong, well they found him in a duffell bag in the hall closet a week later. "Oh she says, I remember now Kitty and I were going on vacation but we didn't have tickets for the plane" PANIC over

Andrea
04-06-2008, 07:37 PM
We had a similar incident with one of my older kids when they were little and I vowed I'd never go through it again. So, now all stuffed pets and blankies are not allowed out of the house. :twitcy:

jrfan88
04-06-2008, 10:57 PM
my little ashley will cry and scream when she leaves her doll at daycare. i won'r go back and get it because she has lots of others that she can play with. thank goodness we never left anything at the store!! i couldn't imagine that!!

twirlyjoy
04-06-2008, 11:53 PM
oh my! What an awful day - at least it had a happy ending!!!