PDA

View Full Version : 2 1/2 year old takes over

amyleigh1204
04-06-2008, 12:27 PM
Does anyone else have a 2-3 year old that is completely in charge? Oh my goodness, is it just that I am too tired to argue with him, or what? He is not a grumpy child and does not have temper tantrums, he just sort of rules the roost with his charm! He IS finally sleeping in his own bed.....well, for most of the night! He has his big brothers pretty much wrapped around his little finger. They will do what ever he he wants, even if they don't want to. The nine year old told me the other day, "Mom, he has take all of my stuff!" Too funny! I just told him that he has my stuff too. (Nod to Bill Cosby, Himself, for Deb and Holly!)

What are your little ones up to?

schock77
04-06-2008, 01:18 PM
Much of the same! Jaxon was easy, Marley... not so much! She is a bit of a diva (which I really don't know what to do with- I'm thinking it comes from my MIL)! Ha ha!

Today, I put her and Jax down for a nap. She is in a bed now, and since the bedrooms are upstairs, I've kept a baby gate on her door. After I come downstairs I hear her "whispering"... "Jaxon! Jaxon!" he of course comes to her call. "What Marley?" "Open the gate!" in the same loud whisper. So what does he do? Open the gate of course.

This girl has assured me that I'm done having kids and that girls DO give you more gray hair than boys! LOL! :wub1:

tweederbug
04-06-2008, 01:53 PM
I know what you mean. Deagan will be 3 and he runs the house. He doesn't have tantrums but he knows how to push your buttons to get what he wants..I finally cave.Just like his binkies,he can only have it for nap and bed but he knows how to push it so you give it to him 20 minutes before hand UUGHHHH! He will not get out of our bed. Hopefully with the new house and a new room this summer he will adjust. Ally runs it also..she is the one who sets the tone for the house. If she is having a bad day,then everyone is having a bad day!

Debra
04-06-2008, 02:50 PM
LOL..we could do our own comedy to rival Bill Cosby I think!!

WenRob
04-06-2008, 04:33 PM
I am paying for how easy Tiana was. Seriously, the kid was a piece of cake. Now I have Thing One and Thing Two. I like to think I'm in charge but having two, two year olds that's just impossible, lol. Breelyn lives up to her red hair, that's for sure. William is more laid back but they get together and conspire against me. We have things blocked off and table and chairs are pushed against the walls because they will climb onto the table and literally swing from the chandelier.:eek1