PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite colors to scrap with?

Helen
04-04-2008, 02:36 PM
Hello everyone.....I am feeling pretty good today and am back in action. Working on some digi kits and working on some challenges.

I've been browsing some magazines and I see that YELLOW is the new HOT color for the summer!!!!! There is yellow everywhere in the decorating magazines.

I LOVE yellow and blue and white together...so Country Cottage and cheery for me. I LOVE yellow and a little red and white (French Provencial).

I LOVE red, white and blue.
I LOVE lavender and denims.
I love anything PINK!
I love peach and sage green.
I love anything vintage - browns and blacks and ivory.

I LOVE ivory and white together - very heirloom and lacey.

I have so many color combinations that I love - primary colors and pastels and brights.

With Mother's Day and graduations and Father's Day and Memorial Day and summer coming - what COLOR combinations would you like to see MORE of here at GDS! What colors do you just drool over and HAVE to have!!!!!

Post your favorite colors to scrap with in this thread and somene will be the lucky winner of a FREEBIE from me. Winner (s?) to be announced on Monday.

gigichet
04-04-2008, 02:44 PM
I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better.

Oh good question...I love so many colors together
Sage green and purples or bright blues
Slate Blue and rose colored

to be honest I am not too pickey...I love all of the colors...:-)

Helen
04-04-2008, 03:22 PM
I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better.

Oh good question...I love so many colors together
Sage green and purples or bright blues
Slate Blue and rose colored

to be honest I am not too pickey...I love all of the colors...:-)

Ditto - I LOVE all colors I think. The only one I don't think I've scrapped much with is the color orange. But my 2 year old grandson just recently started LOVING this color too - so I guess I'm going to have to find some orange to scrap some of his pages with!

TSavoie11
04-04-2008, 04:06 PM
I love almost every color! Except maybe green, not my fav! I always look for pinks (I do have girls after all! LOL!) But, I love a good orange or purple (your lavendar fields kit was GORGEOUS!) or teal-yum! And always, always whites and browns!

HisKid
04-04-2008, 07:32 PM
Hey Helen, great question. I'm not sure I have a favorite color to scrap with yet ... :laugh: ... I'm not sure I've even figured out my "style". I do love yellows, blues, greens, and peach. Actually, I love all the colors :D

WenRob
04-04-2008, 07:43 PM
I'm glad you're feeling better Helen!
I'm tend to like richer, darker colors but lately I've been drawn to really bright stuff.

griest
04-04-2008, 08:20 PM
Helen! glad to see you are back and feeling better! I loved your description of the colors you like--sounds just like me---I love blue and yellow and white. These are the colors of my living room. I also love the blue and yellow with a little red---the color of our bedroom! Primary colors aren't my favorite. My kitchen is like an Italian bistro with black and red with a little olive green and cream thrown in. I would love to wee a kit with these colors. I sure anything you come up with will be fab!!!l

ozchicki
04-04-2008, 10:27 PM
I really like pink and browns together. Oh and blue and brown. And I have seen a pretty light green and brown...

twirlyjoy
04-05-2008, 01:01 AM
I agree with Angie - I like pink and brown together too. But then I love pink, so prolly love it with any other colour too!

I didn't used to like red at all, but I really like it now - usually with green.

I also love purple, again with a pale green, or pink!

Am not so much into yellow, but then I haven't seen many yellow kits, so maybe if there were more around, I would use them more!

I guess with it coming up to summer (so they tell me, but we have snow forecast this weekend!!), I would love to see some more bright colours - maybe some oranges and yellows and some bright turquoise???

After the yucky wet winter we have had, some nice bright cheery colours would be great!

PamWhit
04-05-2008, 03:43 AM
Helen, so glad you're back and feeling better. We missed you.

I absolutely love peach and sage green; anything lavender or purple; and soft yellows. Actually I tend toward the softer colors, not brights.

emst
04-05-2008, 04:54 AM
Great Questions that you designers are throwing at us this weekend.
So glad that you are feeling better and glad to see you back in here, been missing you.
I really like the earthy tones, sage, light brown, beige, light blues but then again I love the bright colors too, any of the rainbow colors for kids layouts. I love the Mom's Diner Kit because of the reds, black and yellows in the papers but then I love the softenss of Lavendar Fields and Heirloom. I guess it just depends on the photos I'm using what I grab to scrap with. Oh dang guess I'll have to say most any color that will make it easier.

HollyS
04-05-2008, 07:09 AM
Helen, glad you are feeling better...we sure missed you! I love blues and browns together....! I love more muted and grunged colors instead of brights myself but man our designers sure have been rocking some great color combos!!!

tweederbug
04-05-2008, 07:38 AM
Glad you are feeling better Helen. I would say that pink and brown(Andreas Pink Parfait) are one of my favorites to work with. My daughter is a bit photogentic so she is easy to scrap. For my son I like bold blues and browns. Very nice colors to work with.
I also like kits that have different tones that can work with either boy or girls.
Here are a few color schemes that I like...

Lavender with a bit of darker colors..your Lavender Fields was perfect.

I also like kits that have a twist...funky colors that are used for those not so posed goofy kids pages. Christy's Funky kit is nice.

Earth tones...anyone that has kids or who enjoys outdoors would understand. Those tones are perfect for outdoor pages.

I know that this kind of runs in the pink category but I like magenta and tan together. Debra's kit Meet my cat is a prime example.

I also like pastels..any of them! All the pastels in kit can be used in many ways...versatile.
Well,I rambled on enough. I haven't found a kit that I haven't liked yet :wink:!

Jazzys Mom
04-05-2008, 09:33 AM
Well, let's see.......

Lime green/Raspberry
Red/black
Red/White
Pink/Lime Green
Blue/Purple
Turquoise/Purple
Yellow/Lime

I like about ALL color combinations! Depends on the mood when I scrap. I have to watch though that I don't end up with all purple pages as thats my fav. color of all!

Jazzys Mom

nancyrwa
04-05-2008, 06:37 PM
Well, I like to use most colours, but if I had to pick a favourite (or two or three or more...), I like things like lime green (or any green) with pinks and purples, and lavenders with blues and greens or pink. Since starting to digi-scrap and I look back at the layouts that I have done, green seems to show up the most! Maybe that is because I have always liked the colour green.

ScrapShana
04-05-2008, 07:05 PM
I have seen, and been told also, that lemon yellow is "the" color for the season. I am a pink addict though.....so anything with pink (and brown, or pink and gray, or pink and white, you get the picture!) draws my eye automatically!

Helen
04-05-2008, 07:33 PM
I'm just loving all these color combinations.

Hint - hint - be on the lookout for a 'lime green, pink, yellow, and lavender' mini kit coming out tomorrow (Sunday)....didn't know when I was creating it that it included some of the color combinations you mentioned here until just now.

thanks for posting to this thread - keep the comments coming.

Lorrainesbarbies
04-07-2008, 04:21 PM
I love a rainbow of colors, but really like purple and green together.

Amberpony
04-07-2008, 04:48 PM
I like any color that goes with my Yellow horses & red & white goats standing in a pasture shaded by majastic Oak Trees. Hmm lots of colors go with that!:wink:

Maisie
04-07-2008, 05:01 PM
I love bright colors, tropical colors, deep, rich, dramatic colors.
My dg, ds, and dgs also love orange.

sparkles
04-07-2008, 05:16 PM
I love to scrap with all different colors. I scrap with more browns and colors that go with boys since I have two boys. I do use girly colors because of all my nieces. I'm not sure I have a favorite color.

kel3120
04-07-2008, 05:22 PM
I think my favorite color combination is blue and green. Reminds me of nature with the green grass and blue sky.

That will be interesting to see if more kits start to come out that have yellows in them. I think that's one color that I really don't use a whole lot of, probably because I don't have many kits that include it.

anitastreet
04-07-2008, 06:18 PM
pinks with rick browns will catch my eye all the time...

heck pink in general catches my eye.. I LOVE your Baby Cottage Rose page kit! even though I was a Supreme I bought it instead of waiting to get it for free... and the soft colors in the heart freebies you did for the February technique challenge we beautiful...I would have bought them as well, they really caught my eye.

I love red but I don't scrap with it too often.....but the reds in your Fancy kit are beautiful.....

love the colors in your Mom's Diner kit..

I'll be honest, I had a really hard time with the colors in the Cuddle Up page kit we used in the ST3 contest...just not my color scheme...

I do like yellow if it's a bright happy yellow like in Jessica's Star Bright page kit..another kit I had to buy right away instead of waiting to get for free as a ST member...especially when paired with pink (also like with her Candy Carnival Page kit...of course now I'm on her CT so I get her great kits to work with!

I do like colors I call calm or cool for summer layouts...blues/aquas with tan accents....I like peach a lot too.. I think of Doreen's Versality page kit as one of my favorites with peach and aqua in it...

and almost all of Vernena's natural elements pair so well with any color... I love when a kit includes natural colors along with color...you never know where you end up taking a layout.

So I guess it just depends on my mood as to what colors I end up buying or using..... I think it depends on the color palette in general.. for my girls I like pinks/lavenders/blues/aqua and colors to coordinate happy vibrant colors....they don't have to dainty all the time...my girls sure aren't!

fyi.....I found a great site for generating color palettes...
http://www.degraeve.com/color-palette/
I think it's a great resource for finding colors that go together!!! And I like the option it gives for vibrant or dull (I vote for vibrant!)

I love to give my opinion :) thanks for asking!

Helen
04-12-2008, 03:34 PM
Sorry - late posting the winners from last weekend's Color Question.

Decided to work up a paper sampler of the hot papers this spring.

so...without further adieu.....

CONGRATULATIONS - ALL of you who posted here will be getting a PM from me within the next few minutes with links to a FREE PAPER sampler. This kit of papers was inspired by Spring 2008 colors from Pantone. I am a member of theirs, as I have to use Pantone colors with my magazine publishing.

10 solids and 4 patterns (with these colors).

Sampler will be going up in store soon..so don't buy it.

Thank you for participating in the thread last weekend and giving us your input on your favorite color combinations. I think you will find that some of your favorite colors are in this sampler - you are right on with the trends.

Here's what you will be getting. Linen textured papers - every paper is different. No re-coloring done here.

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa94/HelenEhrenhofer/he_spring08papers_LRG.jpg

Enjoy!

Helen
04-12-2008, 04:10 PM
Well, I've sent them all out. I tried to do it in one pm - but for some reason, it wasn't letting me do it - so I ended up doing one, copying it, and then using your thread to send it to. LOL - sorry if some of you got a "Hi Gwen" - I didn't realize I had copied that too. My oops. Don't know why pms won't let me type in the letters and your id comes up - and I didn't want to chance typing them in manually.

Anyway, enjoy the sampler. There should be some colors in there that each of you should like - based on your input in the thread.

If the links didn't copy right - and you can't download - let me know.
And as they say...please don't share the links.

twirlyjoy
04-13-2008, 12:21 AM
wow! these are beautiful! thank you Helen :)

PamWhit
04-13-2008, 12:38 AM
Thank you so much Helen! These papers are beautiful.

anitastreet
04-13-2008, 09:41 AM
Thanks Helen..these papers look awesome! So sweet of you!!

kpieczyn
04-13-2008, 11:06 AM
My favorite color is dark green. I was looking back through my pages & I found that almost all of my layouts either had a base color of green.

I don't use dark greens. I use muted light soft greens mostly for background colors & then use another color like pink, white, yellow, red, or brown for the frames & embellishments.

Maisie
04-13-2008, 06:02 PM
Wow!!!!
Thanks ever so much for these Helen!!!
I just love them!!

Amberpony
04-14-2008, 12:16 PM
This is such a fun mix of colors and textures! :wink:Thanks so Much!:gogo:

kel3120
04-14-2008, 04:23 PM
These are fantastic! Thanks so much Helen!