PDA

View Full Version : Getting to Know YOU...

gigichet
04-04-2008, 07:28 AM
Good Morning all,
I know that some of us know each other better then others do so I want to play a little game of...Getting to Know YOU. So just tell us a little about yourself and lets all get to know each other. You can tell as much or as little as you want.

I will start so...my name is Gwen/aka gigichet I have been a Moderator here at GDS since May 18, 2007 and I love the community. I am 54 years old and have two grown children, Steve is 32 and Cassandra (aka CJsMom on the boards) is almost 30. I have 3 grandsons and Cassandra is due to have another baby in early September---yippee. I am married to a wonderful man , Zeb and this is a second marriage for both of us. We got married in 2000 but we have been together forever.

Other then digi scrapping I love doing cross stitch, knitting, reading, crocheting, watching old movies and some hands on scrapping. I have been blessed with many friends here at GDS and I have the honor of being on 6 creative teams--Beckie Wallace, Theresa Borntreger (even though she is retiring I will still be using her goodies), Doreen Stolz, Amy Leigh Fennell, Helen Ehrenhofer and Shana Swindle. And here I thought that I couldn't scrap...)

okay I will shut up now...who is next?

tweederbug
04-04-2008, 07:52 AM
Hello my name is Sheila and I am a SAHM to 2 beautiful not always great kids. While I am busy digi scrapping and taking picture,I am also the best referee out there. I am always breaking up the 2 LOL!! I started paper scrapping after my son was born and thought that that was the best thing invented until I found digi scrapping. I have been digi scrapping for about a year but have really got into it the past 6-7 months.
I am also married to a wonderful guy who at times I don't think I deserve. He is so understanding with me and my passion for photography and digi scrapping. He has been my friend since 1994,my shoulder to cry on when I lost me fiance in 2002 and now my husband,best friend and the father of my children.
I am currently on the Supreme Team,Theresa's Creative Team...even though she is leaving,I will always use her goodies,she will be missed. Thanks Theresa for giving me the chance to enjoying working and show casing your products!I have recently joined Christy's Creative Team and I am honored to be working for her. I know that it isn't really work when you enjoy what you do BUT I do have to work at showcasing the kits the best that I can.
Well,enough rambling on about me. This is a great community and I am so glad that they have accepted me here. They are ALL great.
Hugs,
Sheila

gigichet
04-04-2008, 01:19 PM
Hello my name is Sheila and I am a SAHM to 2 beautiful not always great kids. While I am busy digi scrapping and taking picture,I am also the best referee out there. I am always breaking up the 2 LOL!! I started paper scrapping after my son was born and thought that that was the best thing invented until I found digi scrapping. I have been digi scrapping for about a year but have really got into it the past 6-7 months.
I am also married to a wonderful guy who at times I don't think I deserve. He is so understanding with me and my passion for photography and digi scrapping. He has been my friend since 1994,my shoulder to cry on when I lost me fiance in 2002 and now my husband,best friend and the father of my children.
I am currently on the Supreme Team,Theresa's Creative Team...even though she is leaving,I will always use her goodies,she will be missed. Thanks Theresa for giving me the chance to enjoying working and show casing your products!I have recently joined Christy's Creative Team and I am honored to be working for her. I know that it isn't really work when you enjoy what you do BUT I do have to work at showcasing the kits the best that I can.
Well,enough rambling on about me. This is a great community and I am so glad that they have accepted me here. They are ALL great.
Hugs,
Sheila

Sounds like we both have "keepers" for hubbies Sheila. And I am so glad to get to know more about you.

ozchicki
04-04-2008, 01:44 PM
I will jump in.....

I am Angie, 34 yrs old with a very understanding hubby (who does a lot of the housework and a lot of the parenting to allow me to scrap!!), Laurie (Loj) and two sweet and amazing children. Charlotte is 4 and is a right little Diva...she loves dressing up, being a girly girl and her ballet classes (she does jazz and classical). That leaves me for plenty of scrapbooking opportunities:)

TJ (Trent Joel) is my special little guy. He was 6 months old and I started to noticed that he clenched his left hand tightly and didn't use it. I was worried that he wasn't sitting yet either. Dr said nothing to worry about and he was just right handed. Got a second opinion and he was diagnosed as having mild left hemiplegic spasticity- cerebral palsy. That day and the month to follow (he needed to have an MRI) were the saddest in my life. I had just returned to work from maternity leave and felt helpless. We are lucky though, he is running and jumping now, has a slight limp (has trouble with going down steps), he needs a lot of OT is about to go in for his first botox therapy treatment in May. He is such a happy little man and such a charmer. I feel blessed that he chose ME to be his mother before he was conceived.

Anyway, me....I work full time as a primary school teacher here in Australia. Primary school is prep (kindergarten) to grade 7. I have the joys of teaching grade 7 :) I have been scrapping (seriously) since Charlotte was born and had completed a very full album before she was 4 months old. It slowed down after that. I turned to digital when TJ was born so I could breastfeed and scrap at the same time in the middle of the night :)

I am lucky to be on two CTs- Theresa Borntreger, who is retiring and while it breaks my heart that she is doing so, I will continue using her outstanding kits. I am also on Shana Swindle's CT (ScrapShana). Shana and I have discovered we have a LOT in common and I adore and am honoured to be a part of her CT and her friend :)

So...that is me :)

Sexy__Eyes
04-04-2008, 01:51 PM
Hi Im Liz aka Sexy__Eyes. Ive been married to DH John for 4 years, both our second marriages. Together we unite 4 boys of mine and 2 girls of his to make our wonderful family. Ive been digiscrapping for a little more than a year and just opened a S4H business. GDS was the 1st forum Ive joined and Im so glad. Ive met many many good people here and they are loved as my second family. Oh BTW Im hosting the monthly lyrical challenge and this months song is We Are Family by Sister Sledge....LETS SEE SOME FAMILY LAYOUTS LADIES WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!
Ok I think my meds are kicking in <wink> time to stop talking lol. FYI I am in the hospital as we speak, Ive had it rough this last week and a half but Im on the mend. Its going to be slow but Im good :laugh:

eb2177
04-04-2008, 05:24 PM
This was a great idea for a thread Gwen, it's great to get to know everybody a little better.
Well let's see, my name is Erin and I am a SAHM to my silly little almost 2 year-old ball of energy. Yall have seen her a few times in my layouts. :o) I too have a very understanding husband, I think he kinda likes that I have found a hobby like digi-scrapping. The only space it takes up is in the hard drive, the mess is consealed in a folder that he dosen't go into, and I don't complain when he wants to upgrade something on the computer for his games! The only problem is when we both want to use the desktop at the same time. :laugh:
My other great hobby is photography, I love being behind my camera. And that is a hobby that both Robert and I enjoy togeather, He spoils me. And in regards to that hobby, I'm actually doing some courses to one, get better and understand more of the whys and hows behind great photos. And two, maybe someday have my own small studio. I also enjoy crochet and am trying to find the time to dig out my flute and brush up on playing again.
I started getting intrested in digi-scrapping last summer when I was trying to figure out how to make a photo collage in PSE. Little did I know what I was getting into. :o) (I never got into paper scrapping, between the expense and the mess and my fear of cutting something wrong, I just was never really intrested.) I started lurking around here at that time and did my first layout the end of August for Andrea's template challenge. It took a few more months to really get into it, and now I try to do almost all the challenges here! Yeah, I'm a little addicted. :laugh: I am part of Andrea's creative team and am just loving it!
Okay so that is a little about me, and I ramble a bit so please for give me. :D

Mom_of_5
04-04-2008, 06:49 PM
My name is Melanie and I am a 40 yo SAHM of 5 -- Dacy, dd, 16 yrs; Alex, ds, 8 yrs; Mateo, ds, 6 yrs; Sam, ds, 3 yrs; and April, dd, who will be 2 on the 25th of this month. Alex is ADHD, Mateo is bipolar, and Sam will be having his IEP in the next couple of months for speech (stuttering). I was born and raised in Arlington, Texas and will always be a Texas girl at heart. I now live with my husband Mike and children in NE Ohio near the PA border on the shore of Lake Erie. I share my eldest daughter with my ex, still in Texas. She joins us for holidays, vacations, etc. We have our own small business in ATM sales/service where I handle all the billing, etc. and I am in the process of building a S4H business. My passions include my children (of course!), digital scrapbooking, reading, cross-stitch, photography, and just about any other craft. I am on the creative teams of GDS Designers Helen Ehrenhofer and ScrapShana. I also CT for 2 other designers elsewhere and am on one other site CT. I started digi-scrappin’ 2 years ago and have been seriously addicted ever since then!

WenRob
04-04-2008, 07:41 PM
Well, I'm Wendy but my best friend tagged me with Wen and it's stuck, I'm always a little surprised when someone actually calls me Wendy.I'm married to David and have a 11yr old daughter Tiana and b/g twins William and Breelyn age two. I've been with my hubby literally since the day we met (we were neighbors and ended up in one place or the other but never apart since that day) 19yrs ago. We will be married 16yrs on the 18th. All my kids are IVF babies. Tiana was actually a frozen embryo. Because of the age gap people tend to think David is my second marriage and Tiana his stepdaughter but nope, I'm just a procrastenator, lol. Actually I had myself convinced I was okay with one child but when it came down to it and I started getting up there in age we decided to try for one more and got the two for one deal.
I am a picture freak and have ended up with the job of family photo caretaker. I have several generations of pics from both sides of my family in my closet. At birthday parties and family gatherings most of my family don't even bother with their own cameras, they just say 'email me the pics.' I used to say they would pry my 35mm from my dead cold hands, I was never going digi and look at me now! I'm actually on my third digital camera in two years, having bought DSLR in June of last year. I really need to take some classes or at least apply what I've read about. Chasing my little ones makes it hard though.
I was making collage siggy's for friends on another site and really had no idea that the 'real thing' was just waiting for me. My cousin posted some LO's on our family website and I was hooked immediately. I posted here and you all we so nice I decided to stay. I've only been doing this since the end of December but if feels like forever and has become second nature though it still takes me forever to do a page. Someday I hope to do the CT thing.

Gizmo04
04-05-2008, 04:18 AM
What a great idea Gwen! Nice to get to know you all. :)

My name is Janina (36), I've been together with my hubbie Tim (45) for 12 yrs now, and we have a son Johan, who will turn 3 in a week. We live on a small island called Bornholm, and that's in Denmark - the cold north of Europe.
We finally got Johan after 6 years and 8 IVF treatments. So we where ecstatic. :) And then he "decided" to get into the world 2 month premature, so we have really been on a rollercoaster of emotions! But I got to try the most coolest thing ever - in spite of the situation - I have been flying in a helicopter!
My water broke in 29th week, and our hospital is not big enough to handle the premature babies, so I had to be moved to one of our largest hospitals with a neonatal unit. They hoped, that I could hold on to him for 4-6 weeks, but after only 6 days, they had to do an emergency c-section, because he was getting worse, and if he had been in there for 10-15 min. more, he probably wouldn't have survived. Fortunately everything went well, he had a tough couple of weeks, and then he got much better. And we could take him home after 5 weeks. :)

I started digi scrapping shortly after Johan was born, and I have no intend of stopping!! Before that I used PSP for making tags and some photo editing.

We have a dog Gizmo, but he is currently staying at my mother in law, because of Johan's allergy. So no animals for us at the moment. And I so would love to have a cat again (I have had cats all my life), but I just have to wait. :)

I have my parents, a brother and two sisters, 3 nieces and 2 nephews. Unfortunately I only see them 2-3 times a year, due to the great distance between us. I chose to move almost to the other side of the country, when I met my husbond. But we talk a lot on the phone, so it's ok. :)

That was a bit about me. Just ask away, if there's anything you want to know.

Hugs
Janina

nancyrwa
04-05-2008, 07:59 PM
My name is Nancy. I have been married to my wonderful hubby, Mario, since 2000. Although we both grew up in the same small community, we did not meet until 10 years ago. Mario was even in my sister's graduating class from high school!! There is enough of an age difference that we were never in the same school at the same time. It is just one of those wonderfully weird circumstances that was corrected when we finally did meet.

We have no children and are between pets at the moment. However, we have what I refer to as "part time" pets. We often get visited by one of the neighbour's dog. She is an old black lab that just adores Mario because he will play with her. We often find her waiting on our porch for us to come home.

I teach high school mathematics by day and digi-scrap by night. My husband and I are also members of two community bands.

That is a little about me! It has been great getting to know all of you here.

Debra
04-06-2008, 09:44 AM
This is such a great thread....I am really enjoying getting to know all of you better.

Let's see, I'm 44 year old single mother. I have 4 munchkins, John Paul is my oldest at 27, Jason is 25, Kristin is 19 and Hannah is 6. They are great people, each unique and amazing and I feel quite previledged to have the pleasure of knowing them. I miss them now that they have almost all moved out and are on thier own - ironic when I think back to those times when they so drove me crazy I couldn't wait for them to get out on their own! Needless to say, I am treasuring the time while Hannah is young.

My Sister is Holly and together we run GDS along with all the amazing help of the GDS Moderators and Designers.

My family (Holly, my Brother and my Father) are pretty well scattered around different parts over Florida and it has been my life-long dream to get there and live close by them too someday. Not sure how I'll ever get that to happen, unless I can convince my children to come too!

I can't wait to be a Grandmother!

anitastreet
04-06-2008, 10:41 AM
I'm Anita....married to Gary since 1993...I'm .. gulp...47 ... and mom to Katie .. almost 8 and Lizzie...just turned 5.... both our darling angels are adopted from China but are ours in every way that counts...we are probably one of the few couples that THANK GOD for infertility :)

My hubby may moan and groan at the time I spend digiscrapping but he is my biggest enabler..he introduced me to the computer and then the internet! I still remember saying "why do I need the internet?" LOL.... and this past year he bought me my newest computer.. my Dell XPS laptop that just flies! and my Nikon D80 digitalSLR camera..so he really can't complain too much!

My family is my biggest passion in life, followed by photography and computer graphics, so it's just natural that I discovered digiscrapping early in 2007...I'll never go back to the mess of paper scrapping!

We currently live in a little house in the woods in rural Virginia but our plan is to return to Florida which will always be home....before the kids get too old to want to stay here! I'm a Florida girl..my family is there and I lived there for 33 years. Hubby and I met there too and he agrees, it's the place to live! No snow! Tropical paradise...we'll take hurricanes over blizzards anyday (or tornados or earthquakes in other parts of the country)

I found GDS last May when I competed in the 2nd Supreme Team contest and won...much to my amazement.. I was on the the ST2 and ST3... missed the deadline for the current ST4 but now I'm on Jessica Alger's CT and Theresa Borntreger's CT. I'll miss Theresa when she retires. But there are enough challenges going on here to keep me busy!

Well, that's more then enough about me....let's here from more of you!

Maisie
04-06-2008, 10:50 AM
This is great! Thanks for starting this Gwen!
Hi! I am Mary, I am 55 and married to Jack, for 36 years next month.
I have 3 kiddos, Chris, 35. Susan, 30. Nick, 18.
Chris is married and has two children (one of each) and they live Atlanta.
Susan is married and just had her second child (also, one of each). She lives just 5 miles from me.
Nick is in his first year of college, VA TECH. He's made the dean's list and we are super proud of him.
So my kids are gone from home. *sniff,sniff* I do miss them so.

I was one of the members of the first Supreme Team. I was also CT to Andrea Gold, Theresa Borntreger, and Amy Fenner.
Once I got my full time job, I had to stop CT-ing. I'm in retail,(read Home Depot) so I have no set schedule.
It's hard to get into any type of routine, and I am so zonked when I get home, I sometimes don't even turn on my computer.
I am a head cashier, so I am running from one end of the store to the other. Now that spring is here... I am running twice as much.
Can you believe I've lost 25 lbs since I started working there?

I run the ABC challenge here, and I so love creating new alphas every month.
I'll never be a designer though. I'm not that creative!!! LOL
I've been digi scrapping for 4 years, and pretty much been with GDS since Debra and Holly opened it.
It's my home. Now that I am settling in at work and making more time for myself, I hope to be "home" more often.
Sorry this is soooo long.
See ya' all at the ABC Challenge!!!

schock77
04-06-2008, 11:38 AM
This is a great thread- I "know" so many of you by name that it's nice to learn more about you all! I'm almost 30 (the 17th-eek!) but still don't feel like a "grown up"... not sure when that happens!

I've been married to Brian for 7 years, but we lived together all through college, so it's really more like 11 years. For some reason I was against getting married in college, which seems silly now since it was ok to shack up with Brian for all those years!:dontknow:

I've lived in Texas my whole life and my husband, the nomad, has now lived here longer than anywhere else. He still gets the itch to move, but we're staying put for now as both sets of parents are within 2 hours of us.

I've got 2 wonderful children- Jaxon who will be 5 this summer and Marley who is 2 1/2. They are my reason for scrapping. We also have 2 rescued dogs- Bevo and Jett. I teach special needs preschoolers by day and I love it (although this year it seems to be the source of many new gray hairs).

I fell into digiscrap by seeing cute signatures on babycenter and wanting one. After having a gal make one for me, she let me in on a sale for PSE 5. I bought it and was hooked. I STILL haven't even cracked open the Premiere portion of the software.

I LOVE being here at GDS! I am VERY lucky to be on the CT for Andrea Gold and guesting for Theresa Borntreger. I also CT for another designer and I'm loving it. Glad to "meet" you all!:wink:

gigichet
04-06-2008, 02:29 PM
Wow this is great and I am loving reading about you all and getting to know you a little better.