PDA

View Full Version : Another update on Liz

emst
04-02-2008, 07:18 AM
I just finished talking to Liz. Between the vicodin and the mouth wash to numb her mouth she did sound better but she still has a long way to go. She said that they will start on Friday the process of reducing the steriods. Then we really pray that this SJS doesn't start getting bad again, so far after it hit it's peak she said she is starting to look a little better even though her skin is starting to peel. She said that if she doesn't have any more reactions like this when they start reducing the steroids that she may be able to go home on Monday. I told her the best place for her right now is the hospital so if there are any setbacks she is where they can get a jump on things. She said she is perfectly content to be there until she knows things are okay.
Please continue to keep her in your thoughts and prayers.
Elaine

HisKid
04-02-2008, 08:26 AM
Elaine, thank-you so much for this update. Liz remains in our thoughts and prayers!

TSavoie11
04-02-2008, 08:53 AM
That sounds like good new to me! Fantastic! I hope she can go home as soon as possible-it's always better to be home!

eb2177
04-02-2008, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the update Elaine, sounds like she is on the road to recovery, and that is good news!

charliesnana
04-02-2008, 09:08 AM
Thanks, Elaine, for the update. Keeping my fingers crossed that Liz has really taken the turn for the better and that things keep going in her favor. Sending virtual hugs to you, Liz.

PamWhit
04-02-2008, 09:12 AM
Thank you Elaine for another update. So glad to hear Liz is beginning to recover. Hugs to her (and you!).

ScrapShana
04-02-2008, 04:08 PM
Thank goodness she's improving! Will continue to pray. Thanks for keeping us updated Elaine!

gigichet
04-02-2008, 04:42 PM
woohoo...I am so glad to hear that Liz is getting better and better. And I hope and pray that she continues on the path of recovery. Thanks for the update Elaine...:-)

Mom_of_5
04-02-2008, 06:11 PM
So glad to hear that things seem to be improving! I'll keep my fingers crossed that she gets to go home SOON!

shavari
04-03-2008, 03:33 AM
Thank you Elaine for the update .. please send her my thoughts and prayers as well .. I cant imagine how difficult it is for her and her family right now {hugs}

Jody2
04-03-2008, 03:48 AM
I am so happy to hear there is some improvement happening. My prayers will be with Liz as she continues battling this terrible disease. Keep your spirits up, God is with you.

wildstorm
04-03-2008, 04:56 AM
Add me to the list wishing Liz continued improvement. Thanks Elaine for letting us know. We do appreciate it so much.

emst
04-06-2008, 01:49 PM
As a lot of you might have seen Liz has done a couple of layouts, she said she tires easily so it is taking her almost a whole day to do just one. I just got done talking to her and she sounds so much better, but I know that she has a long road ahead of her and will have to be real careful about the meds that she takes. Hopefully when her doctor goes in to see her tomorrow she will be able to go home. She said when that happens she knows she has a lot of doctors that she will have to be seen by for follow up and more testing.
I'm thanking all of you as Liz's friend for all the thoughts and prayers that you have sent her way.
One more thing while I'm in here I'm putting in a plug for her Lyrical Challenge, which the song Liz chose to scrap is We Are Family.
Hugs
Elaine