PDA

View Full Version : How do you scrap?

steph
01-01-2007, 03:14 PM
I'm a nosy girl, and always full of questions! I have yet another one...how do you scrap? Do you go in chronological order or do you just scrap your pics as the inspiration hits you? I am in the latter category! My books are in no order whatsoever! I like scrapping pics that I have taken recently, which makes sense, cause I can remember the who, where, when, and why a lot easier. So needless to say, I have lots of my recent pics done, and not so many of the earlier pics. I am working on catching up though!!!

Steph*biggrin

twirlyjoy
01-02-2007, 12:21 AM
I tend to use whatever I feel like using at the time!! When I'm looking for a photo to use for a particular LO, I do usually start looking at more recent photos first, unless I know of a particular photo off the top of my head! Mind you, I'm still trying to scrap pics from our trip to Canada - in April!!!

HollyS
01-02-2007, 03:27 AM
I'm like you steph...probably looking at pics first to scrap then find kits/elements to go with it. Always going with recent pics cuz I too have a very bad memory which doesn't lend itself to journaling!

Daniellesmama
01-02-2007, 05:14 AM
I go where the mood takes me. Sometimes I start with a pic, other times a kit inspires me. I can't really say that I have a method!

redring
01-02-2007, 06:31 AM
Daniell and I are in the same boat im compleatly speratic.

Debra
01-02-2007, 07:13 AM
hey... see, now you give me an idea for a new challenge! Sounds like we need a "from the past" challenge to get us motivated :)

I'm just like you too Steph :)

TaraP
01-02-2007, 07:25 AM
I scrap in absolutely no particular order what-so-ever. I scrap new pics,, pics from a year ago and pics from years I wasn't even born in yet. Actually older and old pics of my parents seem to be my favorite. Wherever the mood takes me thats the pics I go with.

okblues
01-02-2007, 08:42 AM
I'm ecclectic. I scrap whatever strikes my fancy at the time. No method here I'm sorry to say. Although I have started albums by year and as I complete layouts for the kids, they go into that years' album folder.

ckbymommy
01-02-2007, 09:10 AM
I'm in the latter group and scrap what I'm inspired to (better to get 5 pages done that are out of order than to keep looking at the same page for hours and not getting anything done)

I do use drop down pages most of the time, though, so I can re-arrange as needed. When I am binding, I save the pages then print & bind when completely finished.

Xaria
01-02-2007, 10:27 AM
I just do what ever strikes me as well. I love challenges so I often work from them, otherwise it is a case of: pretty kit, what can I do with that?

steph
01-02-2007, 11:56 AM
I feel much better now... I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who doesn't scrap in order. Although, the idea of a folder to store each years pics until I have enough of one year to put in a book is an awesome idea. I knew being nosy would pay off...it usually does!!!

Steph

NikkiL
01-02-2007, 01:27 PM
I must be the odd one out here because I have to admit... I scrap in order. For each year since the kids were born I have tried (and I emphasize tried, because it doesn't always happen) to make a yearbook for our coffee table. I'm a little behind though - I haven't started 2006 yet!!

sfcgijill
01-02-2007, 02:25 PM
Depends on my mood- I have literally hundreds and hundreds of vintage family photos, my parents' old pics, plus I take about 300 or so a month, so there's no telling what I'll be working on next. I never get bored either, and if I get stuck on a project I'll switch over to something else for a while. By the time I get back to it, I'm unstuck. I usually pic the photo and layout first, then add the papers/ colors/ elements. Occasionally I'll start with the kit or papers and build the layout first, but those usually end up in a file for "if I ever find the right pic"!

dragonflyscrapper76
01-02-2007, 04:17 PM
When I first started scrapping, I tried to do the Chronological thing, but I was also doing my kids first year albums, and now that those are done, I can officially say that I just do what inspires me at the time, it is so much more fun that way, and I find that I like my pages so much better, since they come from inspiration and instead of the necessity of getting it done before I can do the next page.

But it is all a personal choice, as is everything. *smile

redring
01-02-2007, 05:01 PM
hey... see, now you give me an idea for a new challenge! Sounds like we need a "from the past" challenge to get us motivated :)

I'm just like you too Steph :)
OHHH! I say we do old school photos. I know we all have them and it would be fun to see pics of everyone then. :)