PDA

View Full Version : Update and Address for Liz

emst
04-01-2008, 11:02 AM
Here is the latest on Liz.
I called a while ago and I got to talk to Liz. She sounds better, her speech anyway and she sounds more hopeful. She said they gave her some kind of mouthwash that numbs the inside of her mouth so the sores don't hurt. She said she actually ate today some Farina, yuk, but at least she was able to eat something. At that point she handed the phone to John.
He said that her skin isn't as red today as it's been so they are hoping that last night was the peak of this. The Dermatologist was in there still saying it's SJS and they did a biopsy of her skin last night will take a few days to get those results back. She is still taking steroids which is one of the treatments and John said that her face doesn't look as swollen today either. They also gave her a cream to use, I'm sure it's to help the healing process too. So it seems like the steroids are finally taking effect.
The doctors have decided to keep her where she is because at the hospital in Queens they said that they couldn't do anything different than what is being done already and at least now it looks like she is heading in the right direction.
Some have asked me for her address, I didn't want to give out their home address without getting permission first. John said it was fine to give it out here and he said it would be best to send any cards to the house just in case she should get transferred at the last minute for some reason.
So for those that want to send Liz a card here is her address:

Liz Gramm
2819 Route 207
Campbell Hall, NY 10916

Again thank you everyone for your well wishes and prayers. They are greatly appreciated by Liz and John

Debra
04-01-2008, 11:07 AM
Thanks Elaine. So glad to hear that Liz is more comfortable and headed in the right direction. Whew... that's a relief! Thank you for her address too... atleast there is something we can do now beyond our prayers.

Hugs to Liz and family and thanks for being such a great friend Elaine :)

gigichet
04-01-2008, 12:09 PM
woohoo...it sounds like our buddy might be on the right track now...and I hope and pray that they keep her that way and that she gets some relief soon. Thank you for the address Elaine and keeping us updated.

twirlyjoy
04-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Glad to hear she is doing a bit better - will continue to pray for her.

Mom_of_5
04-01-2008, 01:01 PM
Oh my goodness! I have been so out of it with dealing with these little monsters over spring break that I didn't even see that Liz was this bad!

I will definitely be keeping her in my prayers and will have to work on a card...or cheat, and buy one with the way things are going around here.

Gizmo04
04-01-2008, 11:24 PM
Glad to hear, that it seems to go better with Liz. And thank you for updating us. :)