PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Resolutions?

steph
12-31-2006, 03:45 PM
Do you make New Year's resolutions? I used to, but I find that ninety nine per cent of the time, I don't keep them, and I get all frustrated. So I have decided to just try to make this year better then the last one was. It shouldn't be too hard... last year wasn't exactly a stellar year for me... *err

If you do make resolutions, I'm nosy, and I want to know what they are. So... do tell!!! LOL

Steph

Debra
12-31-2006, 04:33 PM
I'm with you Steph... just hoping to be better all the way around rather than the usual ones that I never seem to keep!

Xaria
01-01-2007, 01:16 AM
Here are my resolutions:
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/500/thumbs/resolutions.jpg

twirlyjoy
01-01-2007, 01:57 AM
I never make New Years Resolutions for that very reason - they are too easy to break!! Although, at the end of January last year, I did give up smoking - and haven't touched one since!

HollyS
01-01-2007, 06:41 AM
Well, I hadn't really thought about it too much but I know two things I'd like to do better this year...

Keep in touch with friends and family more.
Take time to smell the flowers!

It just seems that time is slipping away and we don't take time to show folks how much we love, care and appreciate them! The world is on hyper-drive flying thru life and I'm worried where we'll be in 10-20 years.

steph
01-01-2007, 06:49 AM
What a smart girl you are, Holly.... and so right! Time does just slip away, and we do worry about all the wrong things sometimes! I think those are very noble "resolutions"!

Steph

NicholeAnn
01-01-2007, 10:46 AM
Mine is to get my kids to throw trash in the trash and laundry in the laundry baskets. That's it! I'll be a happy woman if I can keep that resolution!

okblues
01-01-2007, 11:35 AM
Mine is to get my kids to throw trash in the trash and laundry in the laundry baskets. That's it! I'll be a happy woman if I can keep that resolution!

Now, if you accomplish this feat, I want to know how!*biggrin

I no longer make resolutions either. Too easy to be broken. I do hope that this year is a little better than last. And Holly, you are so right. Everything seems to move at lightning speed.

steph
01-01-2007, 01:22 PM
Nichole... that is a great resolution.... if I can get my ds ... and my DH to do it... it will be a happy year...LOL

Stephanie

redring
01-01-2007, 04:12 PM
Mine are simple.
I have been paying on an at home graduation course. (due to uncontrollable events I was not able to graduate) So for...

1. Get my but in gear and get tutering with the math course ive been cowering from.
2. Stay active. I shouldent have too much time to just sit. Yes i can find meany enjoyable things to just fill time but I should be doing productive things. On my productive list is cleaning and crafts so scrapbooking is in :)

NicholeAnn
01-03-2007, 08:36 AM
Just wanted to let you know how I kept all ten of my resolutions from last year. First I wrote down all the areas of my life (spiritual, marriage, family, school [I home school], emotional, intellectual, financial, physical, career, and miscellaneous). Then I put a resolution or goal down for each one. Every weekend I reviewed them and made a plan for that week to work toward my goal. Then during review each weekend, I dated each goal I had attained. It was great to have a written record with dates that I succeeded! I would not have kept any of them if not for working toward them every week.

Debra
01-10-2007, 01:39 PM
Just wondering how everyone is doing with these now that we're 10 days into the New Year?

steph
01-10-2007, 01:46 PM
I'm not having a terribly bad year yet... so I'm doing okay...lol!!! That was my only resolution... to have a better year this year then I did last year...so far so good!!!

Steph

redring
01-11-2007, 09:04 PM
Already made it to the Jhon G Shed Aquarium for a fun day off with DH and have Tutering for my math class saterday!!! Comeing along nicely. I have started keeping weekly lists of things I keep saying ill do and never get around to. As I do them I check them off if I dont get to them all its ok. I find I am feeling verry acomplished lately!!! :)